SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Sage User

Placeshifter Router issues...

Hello,
Trying to get my place shifter working.

Got it working with laptop hardwired to the same side of my Linksys BEFSR81 router as the SageTV server machine, both machines have ip's 10.0.0.XX and it works fine.

This BEFSR81 router is connected to my DSL which has 5 static IP addresses, the BEFSR81 is assigned one of the static IP addresses. I have forwarded port 31099 in the BEFSR81 to the local IP of my SageTV server machine but when I move the laptop to the other side of the BEFSR81 router and assign one of my DSL static IP's to the laptop the Placeshifter stops working. More specifically, Placeshifter asks for User/Pass and accepts my user/pass, the interface loads and shows the overlay and channel info, I can even change the channel but the video doesn't play. Are there other ports that need to be forwarded beyond 31099?

I ultimately want to use the placeshifter on the laptop over my wireless, but since it wasn't working I went with hard wire LAN IP (worked) then moved to hard wire Internet IP (Didn't Work) so I am stuck here, I know he wireless will never work until I can get it working with the wire through the BEFSR81.

I am pretty sure that there are no software firewall issues since placeshifter works when both computers have LAN IP's, but that could be a bad assumption perhaps??

Any suggestions would be very appreciated...
Thanks