SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-04-2022, 06:18 PM
Sage User

Audio Rendering Issue (80040256) when switching Onkyo Amp inputs

All,

If I open SageTV (running on Intel NUC connected to Onkyo TX-NR595 PC input) and don't play anything, I can switch inputs on Amplifier and come back to the "PC" / SageTV input and all is good. If I was playing TV/recording on SageTV and stop the playback in STV and THEN switch inputs, when I come back to "PC" input on Amp I get a SageTV "There was a Playback Error in playback" Error code 0x80040256. FWIW, there is only the Intel Audio Rendering option on SageTV as that is the only audio device on the NUC. So, I can't change that.

It looks like SageTV doesn't really stop Audio Rendering when STV playback is stopped. So when I switch amplifier inputs, I guess SageTV thinks the audio stream is broken and gives this error.

Is there
1. Some way to get SageTV to stop rendering audio when playback is stopped?
2. Is there someway to spoof the existence of the Amplifier/TV to the NUC when the Amp input is changed from "PC" to something else?
3. Other ideas?

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2022, 08:00 PM
Sage Icon

Does restarting Sage fix the problem?

Do you run Sage in Service mode? If so, then you can stop and restart the Sage UI without interrupting or otherwise affecting any recordings.
Not really a fix, but maybe a work-around.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-04-2022, 09:50 PM
Sage User

Yes - I run SageTV in service mode. Yes, I can stop/start STV and that will work-around the issue. I was just hoping for a cleaner solution. Clearly there is something amiss. I feel like it's STV but it could also be the audio driver - not sure.
Old 01-05-2022, 02:40 AM
Sage Icon

If you can post the sagetv_0.txt log file section from just before stopping playback to after the error message there may be a clue in there.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

FWIW - I have a similar issue with a NUC but I am only running the Sage Client. Typically for Me, this will happen when the NUC goes to sleep with Sage open. Either restarting Sage or rebooting the NUC will fix the issue.

This fix is easy for me since this is a client and not the server.

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think an HDMI splitter between the Sage PC and the receiver might keep the handshake active even when you switch inputs.