SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Sage User

Firmware upgrade hd200

Hi all,
I wonder where I need to go to update the firmware of my HD200, since with the beta v7 sagetv server I keep getting the message that a new firmware is available, but I cannot find a page to perform the upgrade!
I am probably looking in the wrong places. Can somebody give me directions?
Cheers,
Mark
CQC home automation and SageTV Server on Dell PE840 with 6TB RAID5 and two hauppauge tuners ; UPC cable TV ; Secondary headless unRAID on old Pentium 4 system with 3.8TB storage ; SageTV and AnyDVD on HTPC ; Arcam FMJ AV9 and P7, Anthony Gallo Reference AV speakers L/R/C and Gallo spheres for surround ; 50" Panasonic Plasma ; SB players throughout the house.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiopaque View Post
Hi all,
I wonder where I need to go to update the firmware of my HD200, since with the beta v7 sagetv server I keep getting the message that a new firmware is available, but I cannot find a page to perform the upgrade!
I am probably looking in the wrong places. Can somebody give me directions?
Cheers,
Mark
This will probably get moved to the extender thread but you need to bring up the extender in standalone mode. Go to the setup menu system, go to firmware updates and enter 2-3-8-2 (B-E-T-A) and see if there is updated beta software and update it. See the FAQ in the extender stickies.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

You will get that message after upgrading to the Beta firmware as well. When it shows you the "newer" firmware available, it will be the latest official release, which is actually older than the Beta firmware.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
...bring up the extender in standalone mode. Go to the setup menu system, go to firmware updates and enter 2-3-8-2 (B-E-T-A) and see if there is updated beta software and update it.
Thanks Gerry, bringing it in standalone mode and typing BETA did the trick!
CQC home automation and SageTV Server on Dell PE840 with 6TB RAID5 and two hauppauge tuners ; UPC cable TV ; Secondary headless unRAID on old Pentium 4 system with 3.8TB storage ; SageTV and AnyDVD on HTPC ; Arcam FMJ AV9 and P7, Anthony Gallo Reference AV speakers L/R/C and Gallo spheres for surround ; 50" Panasonic Plasma ; SB players throughout the house.