SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Bug in Channel Manager?

I'm not overly familiar with Channel Manager because I've only ever had one line-up until just the other night

Anyway, some of my channels overlap and I wanted to disable the standard def channels coming from my set top box. I did this from Channel Manager and noticed that after I did this, I was still showing "(on 2 lineups)". I looked at the channel again and it was still unchecked on one. I stopped Sage and the service and restarted with no changes.

Is this the way it is supposed to be? I'd think that since I disabled one that it should have changed from (on 2 lineups) to (on 1 lineup). I can see where it would be handy to know how many total were available but I think it is also handy (and maybe moreso) to know how many I am using.

So, if not a bug I guess it would be a feature request to also include how many lineups IN USE and not just available. But, I think feature requests are done for so maybe next time
Old 10-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Administrator

It isn't a bug -- it shows how many lineups the channel is available on. I can look into whether it is an easy change to show something like "x of N lineups" instead, but it might not change.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

That would be great, Andy. Thanks!

Right now I have 3 very reliable PVR250 cards and a HD PVR and HDHR that I'm trying to setup. I was trying to disable the SD channels on the HD PVR and HDHR so they would always be recorded with the PVR250s. Having it show, at a glance, if I have 1 or 2 or 2 of 2 would be helpful
Old 12-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Administrator

The v7.0.23.1, 2010120101, STV update changed the Channel Manager to indicate that channels are enabled on "x of N lineups", so the info should be a little clearer now.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

Excellent! Thanks, Andy!