SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Sage Icon

HD-PVR AC hum in audio and video?

All,
My HDPVR has been working perfect, until Friday night. I'm now seeing AC hum bars in the video, and hum in the audio. It's not bad yet, but it bugs me.

Think it's the power supply or something on the board? My guess is the power supply, but was hoping for some other people's input.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 06-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Sage User

That is almost always caused by a power supply issue, the hum will typically be either 60Hz or 120 Hz, often it's 120 Hz caused by a failing or failed diode.
It will eventually take out the filter capacitors as there aren't meant to handle that much AC and act as a low resistance path to ground for AC.
If it's showing on the video I'd say it's not long before total failure which can cascade down the path and cause further damage.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:58 AM

Yup I have agree with aairon I try swapping the power supply with another one even if you have pull one form one other system to test it first
It away a dead give away if it showing up on other PC Client if not then some else is going on so be sure test the HD-PVR on another PC it also possible that HD-PVR supply is starting to give out after all there very bad about that.