SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:39 AM
Sage User

How to clean up all of the channels

I had a problem with my physical ch36 gradually not working on all tuners( I have 8 ). I had over 100 channels that were showing in guide->channel manger that were left over from all of the FCC channel reallocations and trying to scan a cable system. I "assume" the channel scanner was getting confused even though I did a full channel scan on each tuner.

To fix: I installed sagetv on a different computer and got a clean sage.properties avalilable here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rR0...ew?usp=sharing

I now shut down sagetv and disabled all sagetv services. I used the installed sage.properties and using notepad copied and every line starting with N to the end of the file and replaced every line starting with N to the end of the file in the clean sage.properties. I renamed the installed sage.properties and copied the now modified clean sage.properties to the sagetv directory.

This left the old channels completely wiped out but all of my settings and plugins were ok. I reinstalled the tuners and did a full channel scan on each one. All of my tuners were now working perfectly. My EPG data all looked good.

Last edited by mrweston; 09-10-2020 at 09:34 PM. Reason: fix was not clear
Old 09-10-2020, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Nice trick!

Tags
channels, tuner problems