SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 11-01-2021, 07:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfi33 View Post
I can't seem to get the 9.2.6.1 release of SageTV. I've tried specifying both 'latest' and '9.2.6.1' for the version variable. I've tried both the Java9 and Java16 versions of the stuckless Dockers (with unRAID). But the version of SageTV seems to remain stuck on 9.2.5.168. Is this expected?
I too am on 9.2.5.168
It probably won't get updated until stuckless builds a new docker image. I believe that's how it works. I could be wrong though.

Jim
Old 11-01-2021, 06:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
I too am on 9.2.5.168
It probably won't get updated until stuckless builds a new docker image. I believe that's how it works. I could be wrong though.

Jim
I'm pretty sure that's not how it used to work (at least not with the Java8 version of the Docker which is what I was using prior to a couple days ago). Previously, I was setting '9.1.10.479' for the version variable to stay on that version. But looks like it may now be hard set to 9.2.5.168.
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 11-01-2021, 09:05 PM
Sage Icon

It looks like it was hardcoded back in May when the files were moved from bintray to GitHub.

https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-...5edb5695a8d18a

Someone would need to review and see what needs changing to allow version updates.

K
Old 11-02-2021, 12:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
It looks like it was hardcoded back in May when the files were moved from bintray to GitHub.

https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-...5edb5695a8d18a

Someone would need to review and see what needs changing to allow version updates.

K
Based upon some reading online, I think the version curl command in 20-upgrade-sagetv could simply be updated to:

Code:
 SAGE_VERSION=`curl "https://api.github.com/repos/OpenSageTV/sagetv-Linux/releases/latest" | grep '"tag_name":' | sed -E 's/.*"([^"]+)".*/\1/'`
Old 11-02-2021, 04:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Based upon some reading online, I think the version curl command in 20-upgrade-sagetv could simply be updated to:

Code:
 SAGE_VERSION=`curl "https://api.github.com/repos/OpenSageTV/sagetv-Linux/releases/latest" | grep '"tag_name":' | sed -E 's/.*"([^"]+)".*/\1/'`
I am wondering if Stuckless hardcoded this on the Java 8 docker as versions of SageTV after that version were built with Java 9? I am not certain of that but I seem to recall something like that.

K
Old 11-02-2021, 06:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I am wondering if Stuckless hardcoded this on the Java 8 docker as versions of SageTV after that version were built with Java 9? I am not certain of that but I seem to recall something like that.

K
I think this is right. I ran into issues when I updated my Java 8 docker because there is something broken with the latest Java 8 release.

You can switch to a different docker such as Java 9 or 16, but some plugins might stop working. For me I had to force running Java 7 to get SageAlerts to work, but as a result I'm stuck on my older version of SageTV.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

K
9.2.5 was built with Java 9. I donít think 9.2.6 changed anything with the build process.

This post also concurs that 9.2.5 has the Java compatibility issue: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66823

It may simply be that he didnít have the time update the code for GitHubís API.
Old 11-02-2021, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
9.2.5 was built with Java 9. I donít think 9.2.6 changed anything with the build process.

This post also concurs that 9.2.5 has the Java compatibility issue: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66823

It may simply be that he didnít have the time update the code for GitHubís API.
Makes sense. I guess a couple options would be...
  • Do a PR with your suggested change and see if Stuckless adds it (has time)
  • Fork his docker repo to OpenSageTV repo and make the change there as there are a few more of us that have access to it
  • something else ?

I currently have never messed with changing docker images and at a glance the docker repo is not "simple" so if anyone else wants to take this on speak up otherwise I could move some time over from the Jetty/Web changes to see what I can do with the dockers.

K