SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Sage User

XMLTV based EPG adding its own wording?

I'm finding the EPG (or something) is adding "- DOUBLE" or "- TRIPLE" to titles on the EPG Guide if a double or triple episode of a TV series is scheduled.

For example, this Thursday I have "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER - TRIPLE" listed from 7:30pm to 9:00pm.

The XML file that is downloaded from ICETV (Australia EPG provider) does not have this entry, and each episode of How I Met Your Mother is listed in the XML file (ie. 3 entries). I even did a search and the word TRIPLE does not appear anywhere in the XML file.

I use XMLTV Importer to import the XML into SageTV 7, and via email the developer has advised XMLTV does not append "DOUBLE" or "TRIPLE" to titles.

Does SageTV v7 now alter the EPG guide? If not, can anyone suggest why the EPG guide is altered for double and triple episodes?

Last edited by Opus4; 08-17-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Do you have any customizations active?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero View Post
For example, this Thursday I have "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER - TRIPLE" listed from 7:30pm to 9:00pm...I even did a search and the word TRIPLE does not appear anywhere in the XML file.
The only thing I can think of right now is star ratings... Can you check for the episode how they are star rated (Note: the Importer can add star rating to the title but with "*"). A customization can effectively transform the rating into something else (star ratings being imported into the SageTV DB).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:51 AM
Sage User

hmmm... bit embarrassing.. I've noticed the EPG is populated from the television network, not XMLTV Importer.

Now, to figure out why it's not populating by XMLTV Importer....

Job for when I return from holidays....

Thanks for your responses and I'm very sorry for any inconvenience.