SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-28-2019, 12:41 PM
Sage Icon

Something strange is happening.

Some shows marked Watched and/or Archived are becoming UnWatched/UnArchived after a Scan is performed. But it isn't all shows.

Will be doing some more testing to try and figure out the common denominator between wshat is sticking and what isn't
Old 12-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Something strange is happening.

Some shows marked Watched and/or Archived are becoming UnWatched/UnArchived after a Scan is performed. But it isn't all shows.

Will be doing some more testing to try and figure out the common denominator between wshat is sticking and what isn't
The code change affects when a show is considered “watched”. If there are shows in your history that aren’t watched up to your current threshold they will probably no longer be considered watched anymore with a tighter threshold. The actual watched amount is stored separately.

If you set the times back to 5 and 10 minutes they’ll likely show up as watched again.

Maybe a “watched” show needs the end watched time automatically moved to the show’s end time?
Old 12-28-2019, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

These are shows that have been Watched/Archived since putting the the test sage.jar file.

Did a test Of some Lassie Season 7 episodes.
Marked them all Watched. Stopped Sage, restarted Sage (for clean sage_tv log files) Attached is the sagetv log file that had the LibraryImporter for them. Had to trim a little to meet the size limit.

You can search on Lassie-S07E Marked them all as Watched

Episodes Recorded Date Status after Refresh
E02 8/18/19 Unwatched
E02 12/18/19 Unwatched
E04 12/19/19 Unwatched
E08 12/20/19 Unwatched
E12 12/21/19 Watched (as it should be)
E14 12/22/19 Watched (as it should be)
E18 12/23/19 Watched (as it should be)
E21 12/24/19 Watched (as it should be)
E22 12/26/19 Watched (as it should be)

Will do some more testing. See if it is only affecting those recorded prior to 12/21/2019.

FYI, If I revert back to the original Sage.jar (9.2.1.826), they stick after a refresh with that Sage.jar.

I have them set at 4 mins from airing end.

wizard/always_use_airing_for_watched_status=true
wizard/watch_ignore_time=240000
wizard/watch_ignore_time_movie=240000
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_3-trimmed.zip (713.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

One of the Episodes (E08 Blind Dog - AiringID 46531830)

Found in the logs
Code:
Sat 12/28 13:44:23.437 [Carny@7aaf9bd1] Carny got a WatchClear job of A[46531830,46531646,"Lassie",59646@1220.05:00,30,T V]
Not sure what Carny does nor what tells it to do a WatchClear or WatchMark job. Wife has several shows scheduled. Will try some more testing later.

Maybe try it with wizard/always_use_airing_for_watched_status=false instead.

See if it is only happening based upon AiringDuration instead of ShowDuration
Old 12-28-2019, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

Carny.java lines 1255 - 1264 referebces BigBrother.isFullWatch(currWatch)
Maybe?

Code:
      DBObject[] watches = wiz.getRawAccess(Wizard.WATCH_CODE, (byte) 0);
      List<Airing> fullWatchAirsList = new ArrayList<>(watches.length);
      for (int i = 0, watchesLen = watches.length; i < watchesLen; i++)
      {
        Watched currWatch = (Watched) watches[i];
        if (currWatch != null && BigBrother.isFullWatch(currWatch))
        {
          fullWatchAirsList.add(currWatch.getAiring());
        }
      }
Old 12-31-2019, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

Ok. Seems rebuilding wiz.bin took care of the issue of some of the flags not sticking after a refresh. Also it went from 200mb down to 91mb.
Do have another issue though, lost all the channel info on them after the wiz.bin rebuild https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66209
Old 12-31-2019, 11:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ok. Seems rebuilding wiz.bin took care of the issue of some of the flags not sticking after a refresh. Also it went from 200mb down to 91mb.
Do have another issue though, lost all the channel info on them after the wiz.bin rebuild https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66209
Thatís interesting. I wonder what the difference is and what all of the extra content was? Duplicated info?
Old 12-31-2019, 11:43 AM
Sage Icon

I'm really not sure. Could be back in the old Sage days when it was possible for the AiringIDs to get reset, thinking Sage6. So I had to mess a bit to get the AiringIDs fixed.

Having to revert back to the original wiz.bin and sage.jar files for now (on my prod system). WAF tanked when she discovered the Channel Info was missing, and didn't like items getting unarchived/unwatched. The timing of when recordings are marked watched was of lesser concern to her than the other items.

Will have to play around some on my test system to get them to work or come up with a tested solution in order to get the Channel Info attached again to the Recordings (media files) via a programatic method. We're too much of a recording hoarder you could say (mainly old, old westerns and family shows, entire series or working toward it 10K+ recordings)
Old 12-31-2019, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Thatís interesting. I wonder what the difference is and what all of the extra content was? Duplicated info?
Probably the watched history, donít like flags, etc. Plus some plugins add stuff to wiz.bin
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-01-2020, 01:05 PM
Sage Icon

FYI

OK....really strange.
As mentioned before, I was having trouble with the W/A Flags sticking on some of the recordings.
Finally got it resolved (crossed fingers) after I deleted the *.properties files.
Not sure how/why that may have caused the Carny ClearWatch but that seems to have done the trick
Old 01-01-2020, 02:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK....really strange.
As mentioned before, I was having trouble with the W/A Flags sticking on some of the recordings.
Finally got it resolved (crossed fingers) after I deleted the *.properties files.
Not sure how/why that may have caused the Carny ClearWatch but that seems to have done the trick
If .properties exist during the wiz bin load sage will use the info in those to overwrite the database info
Old 01-02-2020, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK....really strange.
So it looks like the edits are workable but the .properties got in the way. So do you think I should get this change published to the main code? Right now there's a cleanup pull request so I'll wait for that to stabilize first.

Note: Narflex may have an opinion about the names of the settings so worst case you have to edit your properties file. I can always send you the jar early so you don't have to remember when the next release comes out.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:42 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds good to me. keep me posted.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sounds good to me. keep me posted.
Code is in for the next release. We changed "wizard/always_use_airing_for_watched_status" to "wizard/dont_use_running_time_for_watched", with the same polarity (default=false). You can add that property now with "=true" so you're ready when the next release comes out.