SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #581  
Old 03-11-2021, 08:33 AM
DarkWolf77 DarkWolf77 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
If you are using OPENDCT ... I would change this setting on all to encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false
Ok, got it set to false on all the OpenDCT tuners, but true on the Hauppage tuner. Is that right?

Also, I can confirm that Sage is definitely transcoding the stream.
Reply With Quote
  #582  
Old 03-12-2021, 08:15 AM
jvl711's Avatar
jvl711 jvl711 is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf77 View Post
Ok, got it set to false on all the OpenDCT tuners, but true on the Hauppage tuner. Is that right?

Also, I can confirm that Sage is definitely transcoding the stream.
If SageTV is transcoding the stream that would be your issue. The out of the box transcoding profile is not liked much by either IJKPlayer or ExoPlayer. Do you know why it is transcoding? What settings are you using for streaming in the Android client? Fixed, Push, Dynamic? Are you using my updated Sage.jar?

Thanks,
Josh
__________________
Projects I am currently maintaining
SageTV Andoid Client
Media Format Parser Plugin
JavaFFmpegLibrary

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Reply With Quote
  #583  
Old 03-12-2021, 02:13 PM
DarkWolf77 DarkWolf77 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
If SageTV is transcoding the stream that would be your issue. The out of the box transcoding profile is not liked much by either IJKPlayer or ExoPlayer. Do you know why it is transcoding? What settings are you using for streaming in the Android client? Fixed, Push, Dynamic? Are you using my updated Sage.jar?

Thanks,
Josh
It's set on Dynamic and I didn't know there was a special jar to install... where do I get that? I saw that Sage itself hasn't been updated for almost a year...
Reply With Quote
  #584  
Old 03-12-2021, 04:31 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf77 View Post
It's set on Dynamic and I didn't know there was a special jar to install... where do I get that? I saw that Sage itself hasn't been updated for almost a year...
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...87&postcount=1
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.
Reply With Quote
  #585  
Old 03-13-2021, 08:01 AM
DarkWolf77 DarkWolf77 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Oh geez, now I feel like a dummy... I'll install this and try it out.

Looks like I install the jar and then set the streaming mode to fixed?

Last edited by DarkWolf77; 03-13-2021 at 08:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #586  
Old 03-15-2021, 06:51 AM
DarkWolf77 DarkWolf77 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 131
Finally got a chance to try it over the weekend, and it seems to work! Except now I'm getting exoplayer errors during playback and video just goes black. Something about an unknown format (the error fades away very fast).
Reply With Quote
  #587  
Old 03-17-2021, 10:35 AM
phelme's Avatar
phelme phelme is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf77 View Post
Finally got a chance to try it over the weekend, and it seems to work! Except now I'm getting exoplayer errors during playback and video just goes black. Something about an unknown format (the error fades away very fast).
I've had to go to IJKPlayer exclusively as Exoplayer keeps crashing on my Chromecast when shuttling. Someday I'll have to figure out how to save the client logs. :/
Reply With Quote
  #588  
Old 03-17-2021, 11:16 AM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
I've had to go to IJKPlayer exclusively as Exoplayer keeps crashing on my Chromecast when shuttling. Someday I'll have to figure out how to save the client logs. :/
Are you using OPENDCT ... I am starting to think that is the problem as Imported Recordings from Channels DVR play flawlessly ... recording Via OPENDCT sometimes give me errors at the end. It has been years since FFMPEG in OpenDCT as been updated.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; 03-17-2021 at 12:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #589  
Old 03-17-2021, 12:13 PM
phelme's Avatar
phelme phelme is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Are you using OPENDCT ... I am starting to think that is the problem as Imported Recordings from Channels DVR play flawlessly ... recording Via OPENDCT sometimes give me errors. It has been years since FFMPEG in OpenDCT as been updated.
No, I'm using PrimeNetEncoder for my HDHomeRuns. The two methods came out about the same time and as I remember it was somewhat easier to setup and since it still works never changed to OpenDCT.

it really is strange with the Exoplayer shuttling crashes, doesn't seem to happen on my Sony TV's w/Android or the FireSticks, but is common with the Chromecasts.
Reply With Quote
  #590  
Old 03-17-2021, 12:26 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
No, I'm using PrimeNetEncoder for my HDHomeRuns. The two methods came out about the same time and as I remember it was somewhat easier to setup and since it still works never changed to OpenDCT.

it really is strange with the Exoplayer shuttling crashes, doesn't seem to happen on my Sony TV's w/Android or the FireSticks, but is common with the Chromecasts.
Can't you just Upgrade FFMPEG in PrimeNetEncoder and is that the one supported by Josh ? JVL711
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.
Reply With Quote
  #591  
Old 03-17-2021, 01:06 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,506
Since the HDHomeRun support team has made great strides in cleaning up the streams ... I am currently running with ...

opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl

Rock solid Raw seems to be much better and no problems at all seeking is better.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; 03-18-2021 at 02:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Old 03-18-2021, 04:44 PM
DarkWolf77 DarkWolf77 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Since the HDHomeRun support team has made great strides in cleaning up the streams ... I am currently running with ...

opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl

Rock solid Raw seems to be much better and no problems at all seeking is better.
I might try that. I feel like I take one step forward and two steps back with everything, lol.

I think I've narrowed down that the exoplayer fails when the audio format in the stream changes (such as going from a stereo commercial to a 5.1 tv show)
Reply With Quote
  #593  
Old 03-20-2021, 06:35 AM
jvl711's Avatar
jvl711 jvl711 is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Since the HDHomeRun support team has made great strides in cleaning up the streams ... I am currently running with ...

opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl

Rock solid Raw seems to be much better and no problems at all seeking is better.
I was surprised to see you post this, so I tried it myself. I only tested for a little while, but I will say I saw 0 issues. Very interesting indeed!
__________________
Projects I am currently maintaining
SageTV Andoid Client
Media Format Parser Plugin
JavaFFmpegLibrary

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Reply With Quote
  #594  
Old 03-20-2021, 06:36 AM
jvl711's Avatar
jvl711 jvl711 is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf77 View Post
I might try that. I feel like I take one step forward and two steps back with everything, lol.

I think I've narrowed down that the exoplayer fails when the audio format in the stream changes (such as going from a stereo commercial to a 5.1 tv show)
Can you try setting the use ffmpeg extension in ExoPlayer settings to always. That might help with the changes in the audio stream.
__________________
Projects I am currently maintaining
SageTV Andoid Client
Media Format Parser Plugin
JavaFFmpegLibrary

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Reply With Quote
  #595  
Old 03-20-2021, 03:04 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
I was surprised to see you post this, so I tried it myself. I only tested for a little while, but I will say I saw 0 issues. Very interesting indeed!
Yeah I have been running with it ... much improvement over the FFMPEG one.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.
Reply With Quote
  #596  
Old 03-23-2021, 06:38 AM
DarkWolf77 DarkWolf77 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Can you try setting the use ffmpeg extension in ExoPlayer settings to always. That might help with the changes in the audio stream.
If you mean the setting under "ExoPlayer Settings and Information" > "ExoPlayer FFmpeg Audio Extension", it's already set to "Preferred - Always use if possible"
Reply With Quote
  #597  
Old 03-23-2021, 10:58 AM
KeithAbbott KeithAbbott is online now
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeastern Michigan
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Since the HDHomeRun support team has made great strides in cleaning up the streams ... I am currently running with ...

opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl

Rock solid Raw seems to be much better and no problems at all seeking is better.
What would be the benefit to switch from FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl to RawSageTVConsumerImpl? Is the benefit strictly for the Android MiniClient, or would there also be a benefit for extenders and/or client? I'm also assuming that we would need to be on recent firmware for the HDHR Prime devices, to get the cleaner streams that you are describing.
__________________
Server: MSI Z270 SLI Plus ATX Motherboard, Intel i7-7700T CPU, 32GB Memory, unRAID 6.9.2, SageTV & OpenDCT Dockers
Tuners: 2 x SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime Cable TV Tuners
Clients: Multiple HD300 Extenders, Multiple Fire TV Stick 4K w/MiniClient
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Reply With Quote
  #598  
Old 03-23-2021, 11:34 AM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
What would be the benefit to switch from FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl to RawSageTVConsumerImpl? Is the benefit strictly for the Android MiniClient, or would there also be a benefit for extenders and/or client? I'm also assuming that we would need to be on recent firmware for the HDHR Prime devices, to get the cleaner streams that you are describing.
I do not use Extenders just Android/FireTV Clients. I always keep my firmware updated.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.
Reply With Quote
  #599  
Old 03-28-2021, 02:07 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,506
I created a profile that will simply remux to MKV you need to put it in the sage.properties file ... then you can set favorites to auto convert or manually convert files in Sage.... The only thing I could not get to work was showing the % converted it stays at 0 but completes in no time.


Code:
transcoder/formats/MKV-Remux\ MKV=f\=matroska;MCompressionDetails\=-c copy -map 0;]
Works great in converting to MKV no transcoding and move to preferred folder ...

__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; 03-28-2021 at 04:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #600  
Old 03-28-2021, 07:39 PM
Carlton Bale Carlton Bale is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Posts: 119
I was using the Mini Client on my Nvidia Shields this weekend and had issues with both devices. The video would freeze every 2 seconds, then jump, then freeze. I disabled EXO player and the problem disappeared. I had previously disabled EXO player because of similar issues, but it somehow got re-enabled, presumably by an app update.

SageTV has worked for me for years, and then it suddenly stopped working. It's just the standard installation with a few plugins - I don't have the new transcode plugin installed because it breaks the Sage Mobile Web functionality.

My expectation would be that new releases would not cause this significant of a problem with existing installations. Any idea what would need to be done to solve this and prevent future issues?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SageTV MiniClient for Android Indiegogo Campaign (Thanks) stuckless SageTV Clients Development 13 10-27-2020 01:49 PM
Android MiniClient 1.4.3 stuckless SageTV Clients Development 20 03-25-2019 10:32 AM
Android MiniClient 1.2.9 stuckless SageTV Clients Development 53 04-16-2018 07:30 AM
Android Miniclient and UK TV rickgillyon SageTV Clients Development 6 12-01-2016 05:58 PM
Android Miniclient on Mi Box Crashing SageTV Server v9 mackb SageTV Clients Development 9 11-27-2016 07:28 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.