SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-15-2022, 11:56 AM
waylo waylo is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 238
Just to add some info for anyone else having issues, here's my quick fix.

This is on a 64-bit Windows 10 server install of 9.2.6. I installed <1 year ago so there were not many old pieces lying around.

For apps, I had both the SageTV Mobile Web Interface and SageTV Web Interface installed. (I guess the functionality overlaps but I've had both installed for years and years).

I updated the jetty webserver as well as these 2 plugins, then restarted.

//server:8080/apps would show this list (see attachment) but clicking any resulted in the 404 errors others have reported. A tipoff that things were not redirecting properly is the icon next to each app is a generic blue+red one. Once it got working, they returned to the familiar Green/white SageTV icon. (I suppose that's set by each webapp).

The jetty/webapps folder had updated folders (modification time was today) with these names "apps" "MediaStreaming" "nielm_sagewebserver" and "SageWebApp", plus the .war files. There was no "apidocs" folder though.

Knowing I could simply rollback or restore my install, I deleted all the folders, but kept the .war files.

Restarted SageTV and it all seems to work fine. Old link addresses work like before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apps only.jpg (42.2 KB, 26 views)
__________________

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient

Last edited by waylo; 01-15-2022 at 12:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-15-2022, 01:17 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I haven't updated my older SageTV servers yet, but I have everything working properly on a new unRAID server.

To clarify the deleting of the above - on my old servers I haven't upgraded yet but the process is to shut down SageTV and delete all of these folders, (see directory listing posted below) like apps, livepvrdata, etc. Is that correct?

Code:
 Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\jetty\webapps

01/13/2022  11:29 PM    <DIR>          .
01/13/2022  11:29 PM    <DIR>          ..
01/13/2022  11:29 PM    <DIR>          apps
01/13/2022  11:29 PM    <DIR>          livepvrdata
01/13/2022  11:29 PM    <DIR>          MediaStreaming
01/13/2022  11:29 PM    <DIR>          nielm_sagewebserver
01/13/2022  11:29 PM    <DIR>          SageAlert
01/13/2022  11:29 PM    <DIR>          SageWebApp
04/23/2011  05:59 PM            21,230 apps.war
04/23/2011  05:59 PM            21,230 apps.war.262
09/11/2016  08:01 AM        11,879,569 bmt.war
12/22/2018  01:30 AM        18,051,326 livepvrdata.war
01/27/2019  06:26 AM         9,420,370 MediaStreaming.war
03/21/2014  04:13 PM           282,013 nielm_sagewebserver.war
11/21/2010  04:51 PM            26,367 phoenix-rest.war
06/14/2011  09:57 AM         2,051,859 SageAlert.war
03/06/2011  04:57 PM         2,554,802 SageWebApp.war
               9 File(s)     44,308,766 bytes
               8 Dir(s)  26,663,829,504 bytes free
Close... I would update jetty, then shutdown sage, then delete those subfolders... Otherwise then old jetty app will recreate them.

K
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-15-2022, 04:59 PM
phelme's Avatar
phelme phelme is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkoenig View Post
In some utopic future state, when uninstalling/upgrading plugins, there is an option to delete ALL of the files/folders that were created by that plugin. Think of how simple upgrades could become!
TMiranda's "Remove Plugin and Dependencies" plugin is out there just waiting for someone to modify it and figure out a manifest strategy.

It's coming in handy as I figure out what I'll have to back out to reinstall everything.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-15-2022, 08:11 PM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,466
I didn't see the first post with instructions on how to properly do the updates and just updated all the plugins that showed up in my system messages. BAD IDEA!!

Installed them all at once and shut down SageTV/Service and recooted the computer (Win10 32 bit).
First thing I noticed was as that first message says it may "kill" some othe rplugins that aren't able to work with the newer jetty version. Well a plugin ciritical for *me* that stopped working is the sidebar desktop gadget. I use this all the time so I can see what's going on from any machine I'm on while I'm home. (wish the desktop gadget would work remotely)

Then I tried to log into either/both of the web interfaces. No go on either of them. It would allow me to log in, but then threw an error screen at me when it tried to display the home screen of either web interface.

So at this point, mostly due to the desktop gadget " not working, I decided to back out. Luckily I have a good backup program (Veeam). I backed up my entire SageTV folder, then deleted it off the computer. I restored a SageTV folder backup from before I installed the plugin updates and then copied in my current wiz.bin overwriting the days old one.

This brought everything back to how it was before installing the updated plugins. <whew!!>

Don't get me wrong by any means, I am grateful for all the work put in to update the plugins. I was one of the ones clammoring for it in the beginning.
I will probably print otu the first message with the proper instructions on the order of installiing the plugins and try again soon. If the updated plugins work out I can say so long to the desktop gadgets. There are a couple ways to get most/all of the same info by other methods even if they aren't as seamless and easy to use/view.

Again, I applaud the huge efforts put into updating the plugins and hope to be able to take advantage of them in the near future.

In the meantime maybe we should start compliling a list of those plugins that "break" with the new version of Jetty. It looks like it is the sagex-api update that is breaking the desktop gadget since that is the only dependency listed for that plugin.

-------------

Plugins borken by the new Jetty and it's associated library files:
Desktop gadget plugin

Thanks again for all the work.
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-15-2022, 09:52 PM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,373
Weren't desktop gadgets deprecated in Win 8? BTW, I think they are (kind of)back in Win 11, but it isn't clear if you can write your own gadgets.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-15-2022, 10:49 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
-------------
Plugins borken by the new Jetty and it's associated library files:
Desktop gadget plugin

Thanks again for all the work.
Do you know if the source code is available?

Any tricks to running it on windows 10?

I managed to figure out the sage tray app so may be able to figure out this one but have never used it.

K
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-16-2022, 01:14 AM
Eternal Eternal is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 76
it needs 8gadgetpack to run

https://8gadgetpack.net/

also mine works so i dont think anything in the new jetty is preventing it from working, something in his setup is still partially broken
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-16-2022, 11:50 AM
phelme's Avatar
phelme phelme is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,127
so this morning I backed out all the plugins that were dependent on Jetty, including SJQv4, reinstalled Jetty and... boom. SageTV still crashes when trying to launch the process. Before any logs can be written by anything.

Luckily, if I remove ALL the jetty JAR files I can get the service to launch again. So for the moment I've done that, then uninstalled Jetty and rebooted so I can run for the day (ahem, football playoffs).

I have no idea what's stopping SageTV from even launching with Jetty installed.

the one thing I just noticed however is the version of Java that is running on the server. It is 8.191 beta something-something. Maybe that's it??? I believe the last one was 8.311. Unfortuantley because of the many things being recorded today, I won't be able to try to update Java until late tonight.

This is a 15 year old installation so as one can imagine there is a lot of cruft built up. Can't imagine reconfiguring it from scratch.

Last edited by phelme; 01-16-2022 at 12:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-16-2022, 12:22 PM
jhkoenig's Avatar
jhkoenig jhkoenig is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Posts: 181
I had Java "out of memory" errors for the first time since upgrading to 64bit and creating a 1400Hex heap. Coincident with Jetty et al updates, but no proof that there is a relationship. Could your crashing possibly be an out of memory issue?
__________________
Win10@16GB RAM, 30TB Disk across 6 disks. 2 Prime tuner units
Sage v9 (64bit) using OpenDCT to control the Primes
2 HD-300s, an Android mini-client, and a Windows client
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-16-2022, 12:37 PM
phelme's Avatar
phelme phelme is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkoenig View Post
I had Java "out of memory" errors for the first time since upgrading to 64bit and creating a 1400Hex heap. Coincident with Jetty et al updates, but no proof that there is a relationship. Could your crashing possibly be an out of memory issue?
the only clue (without putting everything on a debugger, which this PC isn't setup for) is the error in the Windows Event log of a Heap Corruption (Critical error detected c0000374) for the death of the SageTV.exe/SageTVService.exe process. the WER is where i discovered the old version of Java.

I'm quite sure the heap is already maxed out for the process, it's an 8 GB PC with a 64-bit installation of Windows 10.

I'm hoping it's maybe the older version of Java that's installed, but everything else has been running fine under it for over 3 years.

Edit: ok I checked and the JVMMaxHeapSizeMB is set to 3488 (0xda0). I'll try upping that too. thanks!

Edit2: I noticed Java logging/tracing isn't enabled so I'll do that later tonight in addition to doing an update and I'll also try to configure WER to save all the crash dump files locally and not just ship them off to Microsoft as it's currently configured to do. Hopefully all this will give us a clue as to what is happening.

Last edited by phelme; 01-16-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-16-2022, 05:29 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,562
As info, a few of my test VM's I use also run Java 1.8.191 and I have had no issues on them.

Not sure what else to suggest.

If you can post the jars folder contents prior to the upgrade I can compare with other installs and perhaps find something conflicting.

K
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-16-2022, 06:21 PM
phelme's Avatar
phelme phelme is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
As info, a few of my test VM's I use also run Java 1.8.191 and I have had no issues on them.

Not sure what else to suggest.

If you can post the jars folder contents prior to the upgrade I can compare with other installs and perhaps find something conflicting.

K
hmm. well here's my current list of JARs. thanks for looking it over!

Code:
Mode                 LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                 -------------         ------ ----
d-----         3/13/2021   5:02 PM                backup
d-----         1/25/2019   1:17 PM                dormant
d-----         1/25/2019   1:17 PM                netflix
d-----         1/14/2022   4:35 PM                _duplicate JAR file removed_
d-----         1/16/2022   9:34 AM                _jetty_
d-----         1/25/2019   1:17 PM                _v9 removed by pete
-a----         9/12/2007   9:45 PM          54829 activation.jar
-a----          4/9/2016   7:36 AM          53347 ActiveAspectRatios.jar
-a----         4/25/2010   7:29 AM        3466991 activemq-all-5.3.1.jar
-a----        12/20/2010   1:46 PM           7960 ant-javamail.jar
-a----        12/20/2010   1:46 PM          12322 ant-launcher.jar
-a----        12/20/2010  12:46 PM        1933743 ant.jar
-a----        12/23/2012  12:18 PM          25839 AntiFavorites.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM          30877 api-common-2.0.jar
-a----        10/18/2015  12:10 PM         686501 cling-core-2.0.1.jar
-a----        10/18/2015  12:11 PM         490043 cling-support-2.0.1.jar
-a----         12/1/2017   6:03 PM          79179 CommercialDetector.jar
-a----         11/5/2002  11:10 PM          30117 commons-cli-1.0.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM         263965 commons-codec-1.9.jar
-a----         5/14/2006   9:38 PM         571259 commons-collections-3.2.jar
-a----          2/5/2010   8:36 PM          41376 commons-dbutils-1.3.jar
-a----        10/11/2009  11:42 PM          49259 commons-exec-1.0.1.jar
-a----         8/18/2007  11:00 AM         305001 commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
-a----         2/23/2017  10:51 PM         208700 commons-io-2.5.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM         268794 commons-jxpath-1.1.jar
-a----         1/24/2010   5:50 PM         261809 commons-lang-2.4.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM         434678 commons-lang3-3.4.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM          61829 commons-logging-1.2.jar
-a----          4/5/2010   2:22 PM         180792 commons-net-1.4.1.jar
-a----        11/12/2009   8:38 PM          96221 commons-pool-1.5.4.jar
-a----          9/8/2009  10:02 PM         373438 commons-vfs-20070823.jar
-a----          4/8/2010   5:43 PM         152619 concurrent-1.3.2.jar
-a----         4/23/2011   6:59 PM        3566844 core-3.1.1.jar
-a----          4/8/2010   5:43 PM          36045 cron4j-2.2.1.jar
-a----         1/25/2008   5:54 PM          12210 df_fav_excluder.jar
-a----          1/2/2007  10:30 AM           1920 df_importer.jar
-a----        10/13/2008   9:46 PM          18293 df_sageutils.jar
-a----         2/22/2008   4:16 PM           2166 df_sleep_timer.jar
-a----         4/10/2010  10:27 PM         313898 dom4j-1.6.1.jar
-a----         3/20/2011   4:12 PM           8524 EPPlayOn.jar
-a----         8/28/2021   8:40 AM         255839 Gemstone.jar
-a----         6/17/2011  11:28 AM         439965 gkusnick.sagetv.jar
-a----         6/18/2010   4:19 PM          95368 gkusnick.sagetv.studio.jar
-a----         5/19/2010   1:31 PM         100897 gkusnick.sagetv.studio.tools.jar
-a----         8/28/2021   9:31 AM         114129 GoogleWeather.jar
-a----         10/4/2012   2:24 PM        6215448 groovy-all-2.0.5.jar
-a----         8/30/2016  10:41 AM         173608 gson-1.7.2.jar
-a----         1/26/2018  11:24 PM          33642 gtools.jar
-a----        11/14/2010  10:22 AM        1203483 h2-1.2.145.jar.1491NEWEST
-a----          2/3/2014  11:29 AM        1638306 h2-1.3.175.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   2:32 PM          45024 hamcrest-core-1.3.jar
-a----         2/13/2010   7:02 AM         288098 htmlparser-1.6.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM         732765 httpclient-4.5.1.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM         326594 httpcore-4.4.3.jar
-a----         12/3/2009  11:43 PM          25443 httpmime-4.0.1.jar
-a----        11/26/2008  10:48 AM           3527 imageutils.jar
-a----        11/23/2015   9:22 AM          46989 jackson-annotations-2.6.3.jar
-a----        11/23/2015   9:22 AM         258875 jackson-core-2.6.3.jar
-a----        11/23/2015   9:22 AM        1170801 jackson-databind-2.6.3.jar
-a----        12/21/2020  12:30 PM       19849195 JavaFFmpeg.jar
-a----         5/25/2010   8:47 PM           1533 javasysmon-LICENSE.TXT
-a----         5/25/2010   8:47 PM           1533 javasysmon-LICENSE.TXT.1917
-a----         5/23/2010   6:51 PM          67696 javasysmon.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM         394099 jcifs-1.1.6.jar
-a----          4/8/2010   5:43 PM         435347 jcs-1.3.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM          72906 jdic.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM         106806 jflac-1.0.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM         113695 jl1.0.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM          10240 jnlp.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM           9410 jogg-0.0.7.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM          63868 jorbis-0.0.15.jar
-a----        10/28/2010   2:19 PM         466697 jpathwatch-0-93-rc1.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM         108782 jsch-20040429.jar
-a----          1/7/2014   1:36 PM          64952 json-20140107.jar
-a----         9/19/2009  11:01 AM          36843 json.jar
-a----         11/9/2012   4:31 PM         278273 jsoup.jar
-a----         4/23/2011   6:59 PM           4899 jsp-2.1-jetty-6.1.19.jar
-a----         4/23/2011   6:59 PM        1026148 jsp-2.1.jar
-a----         4/23/2011   6:59 PM         134855 jsp-api-2.1.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   2:32 PM         314932 junit-4.12.jar
-a----          9/2/2011  11:26 AM           3252 livepvrdata4j.jar
-a----         5/26/2010   4:51 PM          10235 livepvrdata_rpc_clnt.jar
-a----          9/2/2011  10:12 AM           7294 livepvrdata_shared.jar
-a----        12/12/2015   9:07 PM         489884 log4j-1.2.17.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM        1535258 lucene-core-3.6.0.jar
-a----        11/17/2009  12:13 PM         462098 mail.jar
-a----        12/15/2007   6:27 PM          15590 mailcheck.jar
-a----        12/21/2020  12:31 PM          16574 MediaFormatParserPlugin.jar
-a----         1/27/2011   8:01 PM          35372 metadata-updater.jar
-a----         3/29/2009   6:35 PM         107221 miglayout-3.6.3-swing.jar
-a----        12/23/2005   8:38 PM         303277 mjlib.jar
-a----          8/2/2009  10:02 PM         174019 mjxml.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM          28171 mp3spi1.9.2.jar
-a----         7/28/2007   3:55 AM          86078 netflix.jar
-a----        10/21/2010   7:12 PM           7314 nielm_autoaspect.jar
-a----        10/20/2005   3:00 PM          28080 nielm_getrssnews.jar
-a----        12/22/2007  12:01 AM          13741 nielm_loborenderer.jar
-a----         3/13/2021   4:45 PM          62924 nielm_sageimdb.jar
-a----        12/21/2007  10:46 PM          33916 nielm_sagemenureader.jar
-a----         3/21/2011   5:54 PM          15344 nielm_sageutls.jar
-a----         9/20/2007   5:25 PM          10718 nielm_system_info.jar
-a----          6/4/2010  11:14 PM          21514 ortus_favexcluder.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM         134032 packager.jar
-a----         9/18/2021  10:17 AM        1267630 phoenix.jar
-a----          1/1/2011   4:54 PM              0 playon.txt
-a----         3/20/2011   2:20 PM           1941 PlayOnUtils.jar
-a----         10/2/2015  11:09 AM             98 PrimeNetEncoder-discovery.txt
-a----         10/2/2015  11:09 AM            242 PrimeNetEncoder-tuner0.txt
-a----         10/2/2015  11:09 AM            242 PrimeNetEncoder-tuner1.txt
-a----         10/2/2015  11:09 AM            242 PrimeNetEncoder-tuner2.txt
-a----         10/2/2015  10:37 AM           1291 PrimeNetEncoder.properties.tmp-saving
-a----         10/2/2015  11:09 AM            420 PrimeNetEncoder.txt
-a----         7/23/2009   7:49 PM           3794 razr-tools.jar
-a----        11/13/2010  10:29 AM          11441 razr.jar
-a----        12/22/2010   6:27 PM          19861 RPAD.jar
-a----         7/28/2007   3:55 AM          20542 rsslib4j-0.2.jar
-a----          5/6/2011   7:28 AM         144359 SageDiamond.jar
-a----        10/13/2008  10:46 PM          66795 sagemc.jar
-a----          3/6/2010   4:17 PM         287120 sageortus.jar
-a----         1/29/2011   5:55 PM         275134 sageortustve.jar
-a----        12/21/2021   7:17 AM         515141 sagex-api.jar
-a----        11/14/2010  10:21 AM           9430 sagex-h2.jar
-a----          8/5/2013  10:57 AM           2708 salicense.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM          56121 sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar
-a----         6/21/2010  12:16 PM          26298 scribe-0.6.7-SNAPSHOT.jar
-a----        10/18/2015  12:10 PM          21646 seamless-http-1.1.0.jar
-a----        10/18/2015  12:10 PM          94456 seamless-util-1.1.0.jar
-a----        10/18/2015  12:10 PM          63142 seamless-xml-1.1.0.jar
-a----         4/23/2011   6:59 PM         134133 servlet-api-2.5-6.1.19.jar
-a----         12/4/2005   2:25 PM          31789 servlet.jar
-a----        10/18/2011   4:45 PM          39376 sjq-agent.jar
-a----         6/20/2011  11:39 AM          38860 sjq-common.jar
-a----         2/26/2011   6:20 PM           9418 sjq-listener.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM          32127 slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar
-a----        12/12/2015   9:07 PM           8860 slf4j-log4j12-1.7.12.jar
-a----         12/9/2006   6:09 PM          51117 slimplayer.jar
-a----         5/14/2010   1:03 PM           4558 slugger-dev-tools.jar
-a----          7/8/2008   2:36 PM          80815 slugger_sage-job-queue.jar
-a----         3/22/2011   8:10 PM          69863 snark.jar
-a----         8/15/2007   7:23 PM        1772311 SoftSqueeze.jar
-a----         1/19/2011   4:25 PM           4254 somf.jar
-a----          9/8/2009   5:26 PM        2684154 sqlitejdbc-v056.jar
-a----         3/25/2009   8:08 PM         466359 sqljdbc4.jar
-a----         5/25/2010   8:09 PM           4772 SystemMonitor.jar
-a----        12/12/2015   9:12 PM         214413 themoviedbapi-4.1.jar
-a----        12/12/2015   9:08 PM          36522 thetvdbapi-1.8.jar
-a----          4/8/2019   1:26 PM         179676 trakt.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM         110481 tritonus_share.jar
-a----          1/8/2017   2:43 PM          63777 validation-api-1.1.0.Final.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM         289881 vecmath.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM          17003 vorbisspi1.0.2.jar
-a----        12/18/2011   6:25 PM           7546 WIcons.jar
-a----         9/11/2009   2:43 PM          34407 ws-commons-util-1.0.2.jar
-a----          2/6/2010   5:13 PM          58573 xmlrpc-client-3.1.3.jar
-a----          2/6/2010   5:12 PM         109131 xmlrpc-common-3.1.3.jar
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-16-2022, 10:05 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
hmm. well here's my current list of JARs. thanks for looking it over!

Code:
Mode                 LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                 -------------         ------ ----
d-----         3/13/2021   5:02 PM                backup
d-----         1/25/2019   1:17 PM                dormant
d-----         1/25/2019   1:17 PM                netflix
d-----         1/14/2022   4:35 PM                _duplicate JAR file removed_
d-----         1/16/2022   9:34 AM                _jetty_
d-----         1/25/2019   1:17 PM                _v9 removed by pete
-a----         9/12/2007   9:45 PM          54829 activation.jar
-a----          4/9/2016   7:36 AM          53347 ActiveAspectRatios.jar
-a----         4/25/2010   7:29 AM        3466991 activemq-all-5.3.1.jar
-a----        12/20/2010   1:46 PM           7960 ant-javamail.jar
-a----        12/20/2010   1:46 PM          12322 ant-launcher.jar
-a----        12/20/2010  12:46 PM        1933743 ant.jar
-a----        12/23/2012  12:18 PM          25839 AntiFavorites.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM          30877 api-common-2.0.jar
-a----        10/18/2015  12:10 PM         686501 cling-core-2.0.1.jar
-a----        10/18/2015  12:11 PM         490043 cling-support-2.0.1.jar
-a----         12/1/2017   6:03 PM          79179 CommercialDetector.jar
-a----         11/5/2002  11:10 PM          30117 commons-cli-1.0.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM         263965 commons-codec-1.9.jar
-a----         5/14/2006   9:38 PM         571259 commons-collections-3.2.jar
-a----          2/5/2010   8:36 PM          41376 commons-dbutils-1.3.jar
-a----        10/11/2009  11:42 PM          49259 commons-exec-1.0.1.jar
-a----         8/18/2007  11:00 AM         305001 commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
-a----         2/23/2017  10:51 PM         208700 commons-io-2.5.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM         268794 commons-jxpath-1.1.jar
-a----         1/24/2010   5:50 PM         261809 commons-lang-2.4.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM         434678 commons-lang3-3.4.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM          61829 commons-logging-1.2.jar
-a----          4/5/2010   2:22 PM         180792 commons-net-1.4.1.jar
-a----        11/12/2009   8:38 PM          96221 commons-pool-1.5.4.jar
-a----          9/8/2009  10:02 PM         373438 commons-vfs-20070823.jar
-a----          4/8/2010   5:43 PM         152619 concurrent-1.3.2.jar
-a----         4/23/2011   6:59 PM        3566844 core-3.1.1.jar
-a----          4/8/2010   5:43 PM          36045 cron4j-2.2.1.jar
-a----         1/25/2008   5:54 PM          12210 df_fav_excluder.jar
-a----          1/2/2007  10:30 AM           1920 df_importer.jar
-a----        10/13/2008   9:46 PM          18293 df_sageutils.jar
-a----         2/22/2008   4:16 PM           2166 df_sleep_timer.jar
-a----         4/10/2010  10:27 PM         313898 dom4j-1.6.1.jar
-a----         3/20/2011   4:12 PM           8524 EPPlayOn.jar
-a----         8/28/2021   8:40 AM         255839 Gemstone.jar
-a----         6/17/2011  11:28 AM         439965 gkusnick.sagetv.jar
-a----         6/18/2010   4:19 PM          95368 gkusnick.sagetv.studio.jar
-a----         5/19/2010   1:31 PM         100897 gkusnick.sagetv.studio.tools.jar
-a----         8/28/2021   9:31 AM         114129 GoogleWeather.jar
-a----         10/4/2012   2:24 PM        6215448 groovy-all-2.0.5.jar
-a----         8/30/2016  10:41 AM         173608 gson-1.7.2.jar
-a----         1/26/2018  11:24 PM          33642 gtools.jar
-a----        11/14/2010  10:22 AM        1203483 h2-1.2.145.jar.1491NEWEST
-a----          2/3/2014  11:29 AM        1638306 h2-1.3.175.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   2:32 PM          45024 hamcrest-core-1.3.jar
-a----         2/13/2010   7:02 AM         288098 htmlparser-1.6.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM         732765 httpclient-4.5.1.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM         326594 httpcore-4.4.3.jar
-a----         12/3/2009  11:43 PM          25443 httpmime-4.0.1.jar
-a----        11/26/2008  10:48 AM           3527 imageutils.jar
-a----        11/23/2015   9:22 AM          46989 jackson-annotations-2.6.3.jar
-a----        11/23/2015   9:22 AM         258875 jackson-core-2.6.3.jar
-a----        11/23/2015   9:22 AM        1170801 jackson-databind-2.6.3.jar
-a----        12/21/2020  12:30 PM       19849195 JavaFFmpeg.jar
-a----         5/25/2010   8:47 PM           1533 javasysmon-LICENSE.TXT
-a----         5/25/2010   8:47 PM           1533 javasysmon-LICENSE.TXT.1917
-a----         5/23/2010   6:51 PM          67696 javasysmon.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM         394099 jcifs-1.1.6.jar
-a----          4/8/2010   5:43 PM         435347 jcs-1.3.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM          72906 jdic.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM         106806 jflac-1.0.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM         113695 jl1.0.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM          10240 jnlp.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM           9410 jogg-0.0.7.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM          63868 jorbis-0.0.15.jar
-a----        10/28/2010   2:19 PM         466697 jpathwatch-0-93-rc1.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM         108782 jsch-20040429.jar
-a----          1/7/2014   1:36 PM          64952 json-20140107.jar
-a----         9/19/2009  11:01 AM          36843 json.jar
-a----         11/9/2012   4:31 PM         278273 jsoup.jar
-a----         4/23/2011   6:59 PM           4899 jsp-2.1-jetty-6.1.19.jar
-a----         4/23/2011   6:59 PM        1026148 jsp-2.1.jar
-a----         4/23/2011   6:59 PM         134855 jsp-api-2.1.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   2:32 PM         314932 junit-4.12.jar
-a----          9/2/2011  11:26 AM           3252 livepvrdata4j.jar
-a----         5/26/2010   4:51 PM          10235 livepvrdata_rpc_clnt.jar
-a----          9/2/2011  10:12 AM           7294 livepvrdata_shared.jar
-a----        12/12/2015   9:07 PM         489884 log4j-1.2.17.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM        1535258 lucene-core-3.6.0.jar
-a----        11/17/2009  12:13 PM         462098 mail.jar
-a----        12/15/2007   6:27 PM          15590 mailcheck.jar
-a----        12/21/2020  12:31 PM          16574 MediaFormatParserPlugin.jar
-a----         1/27/2011   8:01 PM          35372 metadata-updater.jar
-a----         3/29/2009   6:35 PM         107221 miglayout-3.6.3-swing.jar
-a----        12/23/2005   8:38 PM         303277 mjlib.jar
-a----          8/2/2009  10:02 PM         174019 mjxml.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM          28171 mp3spi1.9.2.jar
-a----         7/28/2007   3:55 AM          86078 netflix.jar
-a----        10/21/2010   7:12 PM           7314 nielm_autoaspect.jar
-a----        10/20/2005   3:00 PM          28080 nielm_getrssnews.jar
-a----        12/22/2007  12:01 AM          13741 nielm_loborenderer.jar
-a----         3/13/2021   4:45 PM          62924 nielm_sageimdb.jar
-a----        12/21/2007  10:46 PM          33916 nielm_sagemenureader.jar
-a----         3/21/2011   5:54 PM          15344 nielm_sageutls.jar
-a----         9/20/2007   5:25 PM          10718 nielm_system_info.jar
-a----          6/4/2010  11:14 PM          21514 ortus_favexcluder.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM         134032 packager.jar
-a----         9/18/2021  10:17 AM        1267630 phoenix.jar
-a----          1/1/2011   4:54 PM              0 playon.txt
-a----         3/20/2011   2:20 PM           1941 PlayOnUtils.jar
-a----         10/2/2015  11:09 AM             98 PrimeNetEncoder-discovery.txt
-a----         10/2/2015  11:09 AM            242 PrimeNetEncoder-tuner0.txt
-a----         10/2/2015  11:09 AM            242 PrimeNetEncoder-tuner1.txt
-a----         10/2/2015  11:09 AM            242 PrimeNetEncoder-tuner2.txt
-a----         10/2/2015  10:37 AM           1291 PrimeNetEncoder.properties.tmp-saving
-a----         10/2/2015  11:09 AM            420 PrimeNetEncoder.txt
-a----         7/23/2009   7:49 PM           3794 razr-tools.jar
-a----        11/13/2010  10:29 AM          11441 razr.jar
-a----        12/22/2010   6:27 PM          19861 RPAD.jar
-a----         7/28/2007   3:55 AM          20542 rsslib4j-0.2.jar
-a----          5/6/2011   7:28 AM         144359 SageDiamond.jar
-a----        10/13/2008  10:46 PM          66795 sagemc.jar
-a----          3/6/2010   4:17 PM         287120 sageortus.jar
-a----         1/29/2011   5:55 PM         275134 sageortustve.jar
-a----        12/21/2021   7:17 AM         515141 sagex-api.jar
-a----        11/14/2010  10:21 AM           9430 sagex-h2.jar
-a----          8/5/2013  10:57 AM           2708 salicense.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM          56121 sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar
-a----         6/21/2010  12:16 PM          26298 scribe-0.6.7-SNAPSHOT.jar
-a----        10/18/2015  12:10 PM          21646 seamless-http-1.1.0.jar
-a----        10/18/2015  12:10 PM          94456 seamless-util-1.1.0.jar
-a----        10/18/2015  12:10 PM          63142 seamless-xml-1.1.0.jar
-a----         4/23/2011   6:59 PM         134133 servlet-api-2.5-6.1.19.jar
-a----         12/4/2005   2:25 PM          31789 servlet.jar
-a----        10/18/2011   4:45 PM          39376 sjq-agent.jar
-a----         6/20/2011  11:39 AM          38860 sjq-common.jar
-a----         2/26/2011   6:20 PM           9418 sjq-listener.jar
-a----        11/22/2015   7:47 PM          32127 slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar
-a----        12/12/2015   9:07 PM           8860 slf4j-log4j12-1.7.12.jar
-a----         12/9/2006   6:09 PM          51117 slimplayer.jar
-a----         5/14/2010   1:03 PM           4558 slugger-dev-tools.jar
-a----          7/8/2008   2:36 PM          80815 slugger_sage-job-queue.jar
-a----         3/22/2011   8:10 PM          69863 snark.jar
-a----         8/15/2007   7:23 PM        1772311 SoftSqueeze.jar
-a----         1/19/2011   4:25 PM           4254 somf.jar
-a----          9/8/2009   5:26 PM        2684154 sqlitejdbc-v056.jar
-a----         3/25/2009   8:08 PM         466359 sqljdbc4.jar
-a----         5/25/2010   8:09 PM           4772 SystemMonitor.jar
-a----        12/12/2015   9:12 PM         214413 themoviedbapi-4.1.jar
-a----        12/12/2015   9:08 PM          36522 thetvdbapi-1.8.jar
-a----          4/8/2019   1:26 PM         179676 trakt.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM         110481 tritonus_share.jar
-a----          1/8/2017   2:43 PM          63777 validation-api-1.1.0.Final.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   7:36 PM         289881 vecmath.jar
-a----         9/20/2006  10:10 AM          17003 vorbisspi1.0.2.jar
-a----        12/18/2011   6:25 PM           7546 WIcons.jar
-a----         9/11/2009   2:43 PM          34407 ws-commons-util-1.0.2.jar
-a----          2/6/2010   5:13 PM          58573 xmlrpc-client-3.1.3.jar
-a----          2/6/2010   5:12 PM         109131 xmlrpc-common-3.1.3.jar
I would suggest the following files may cause conflicts...


jsp-2.1-jetty-6.1.19.jar
servlet-api-2.5-6.1.19.jar

Both are related to Jetty 6

K
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-16-2022, 10:22 PM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Weren't desktop gadgets deprecated in Win 8? BTW, I think they are (kind of)back in Win 11, but it isn't clear if you can write your own gadgets.
Yes, they were, but for me and a lot of others there just aren't any convenient alternatives to some of those classic sidebar gadgets.

As Eternal said, 8gadgetpack is the trick here. Install it and it comes with a lot of the old gadgets plus you can add your own like the SageTV gadget.

On some Windows updates it will disable 8gadgetpacks gadgets, but it is a simple process to re-enable them. Occasionally it will require and 8gadgetpack update but usually it is just re-enabling them.

The reason Windows gave for shutting them down was security issues. All the gadgets I use don't go out on the internet, they only work on my local network.
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-16-2022, 10:23 PM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Do you know if the source code is available?

Any tricks to running it on windows 10?

I managed to figure out the sage tray app so may be able to figure out this one but have never used it.

K
Sorry, I don't know if the source is available. I'm sure someone here will know.
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-16-2022, 10:27 PM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
it needs 8gadgetpack to run

https://8gadgetpack.net/

also mine works so i dont think anything in the new jetty is preventing it from working, something in his setup is still partially broken
Did you install the sagex-api update? That is the only dependency listed in the desktop gadget plugin and I did install that since it was one of the updates that showed up in that group.of updates in my system messages.

I will be attempting to install them all again but this time I'll "RTFM" and follow the instructions in the first message in the thread.
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-17-2022, 02:07 AM
Eternal Eternal is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 76
I posted this earlier in the thread because I couldnt get the web server to load pages.

I completely deleted the jar, jetty and webserver folders and copied fresh installs with all the same plugins from a vm installation
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-17-2022, 12:20 PM
phelme's Avatar
phelme phelme is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I would suggest the following files may cause conflicts...


jsp-2.1-jetty-6.1.19.jar
servlet-api-2.5-6.1.19.jar

Both are related to Jetty 6

K
sadly, that wasn't it.

I also updated Java to 1.8.311 and as you predicted, no difference.

not sure where to go from here, tried to use procdump to watch the SageTV process launch but because of its loose process name pattern matching has been fruitless. And it simply crashes too quickly to attach at a later point. Guess I'll figure out getting WER to preserve its crash dumps next.

I can also try installing a fresh SageTV server on another system and noting all the base JAR's and then try removing all I have that aren't in that list, one at a time. I think it must be a JAR incompatibility; feels like it.

thanks for the help in any case.

Edit:

for anyone curious about what the default JAR list is it follows. Nothing like the gargantuan one I've amassed over the years.

Code:
Mode                 LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                 -------------         ------ ----
-a----        10/28/2018   8:36 PM         268794 commons-jxpath-1.1.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   8:36 PM         394099 jcifs-1.1.6.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   8:36 PM          72906 jdic.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   8:36 PM        1535258 lucene-core-3.6.0.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   8:36 PM         134032 packager.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   8:36 PM          56121 sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar
-a----        10/28/2018   8:36 PM         289881 vecmath.jar

Last edited by phelme; 01-17-2022 at 12:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-17-2022, 07:02 PM
phelme's Avatar
phelme phelme is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkoenig View Post
I had Java "out of memory" errors for the first time since upgrading to 64bit and creating a 1400Hex heap. Coincident with Jetty et al updates, but no proof that there is a relationship. Could your crashing possibly be an out of memory issue?
you're definitely on to something as I WAS able to get things running a couple times by upping the Java heap to 5120 (from 4096) but things were way inconsistent: crashing because there were no webapp folders, webapp folders not being recreated, the service crashing when trying to create folders (like nielm's webserver). They all seem to be heap related errors that Java is just puking on. Maybe i Just have so many plugins that it's just reached the tipping point.

I think what I'll do at this point is roll back to a backup from 1/9 so everything is working as it was before the Jetty upgrade and reassess.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-17-2022, 10:34 PM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,373
I just tried updating on another PC, this won running Win1 with the 32 bit version of SageTV and I have most of the apps working but a few issues:

1. The Mobile app does not work. It gives me a 503 error. Media Streaming also gives a 503 error.
2. The Main Web UI loads but I do not get a menu. And the URL is at: http://192.168.1.98:8080/nielm_sagewebserver/Home. I do not see a temp folder in the jetty webapps folder.

I deleted all of the old folders from the webapps folder. The only thing different between this system and my main server which is running unRAID is that I have an apps.war file in the webapps folder.

FYI I am running Java 1.8.0_121 and SageTV V9.2.2.903(32-bit). Attached is the Jettystarter.log file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip jettystarter.zip (5.2 KB, 8 views)
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plugin: Jetty Web Server 2.0 jreichen SageTV v7 Customizations 389 06-19-2021 09:38 PM
Jetty Web Server (status update) stuckless SageTV Github Development 65 09-19-2016 08:34 AM
Another Jetty Web Server issue mlcarson SageTV v9 Customizations 2 09-19-2016 05:08 AM
Jetty Web Server Issue Ghildebr SageTV v9 Customizations 17 09-03-2016 09:52 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.