SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-28-2006, 11:18 PM
bazan bazan is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17
Question some question 2 pvr500mce related to recording schedule

Hi i have a system with sagetv 4.1.3 and 2 pvr500mce, it works great it do multiple recording at the same time etc etc, but lets say i want to record 4 channels 24/7 , how do i setup the recordings so the files breaks every hour?
i plan to put record from 01:00 to 02:00 then 02:01 to 03:00 and on and on. but im loosing 23 minutes a day .


i now i can record large files then split with virtualdub but its a lot of work when it could be done automatically.

also is there a way i can import a recording list to sagetv? i mean is the recording schedule saved somewhere so i can make an aplication to make a recording file?

Regards Me
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazan
Hi i have a system with sagetv 4.1.3 and 2 pvr500mce, it works great it do multiple recording at the same time etc etc, but lets say i want to record 4 channels 24/7 , how do i setup the recordings so the files breaks every hour?
i plan to put record from 01:00 to 02:00 then 02:01 to 03:00 and on and on. but im loosing 23 minutes a day
If you mean via Timed Recordings, try removing the 1 minute breaks.

Are you using XMLTV? What does the Program Guide currnetly say for your 4 channels? If you aren't recording actual TV shows, perhaps you could create your own listings & make up the same 4 'show' names & make them 1 hour shows that are on all the time for the 4 channels, then set up a Favorite for the show. (Just an idea...)

Quote:
also is there a way i can import a recording list to sagetv? i mean is the recording schedule saved somewhere so i can make an aplication to make a recording file?
You can export the schdule to a text file via the scheduler_export_file=<filename> property, but that is just an output file. SageTV creates its own schedule.

- Andy
__________________
SageTV Open Source v9 is available.
- Read the SageTV FAQ. Older PDF User's Guides mostly still apply: SageTV V7.0 & SageTV Studio v7.1.
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2006, 01:07 PM
bazan bazan is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17
hi tnx for replying
Quote:
You can export the schdule to a text file via the scheduler_export_file=<filename> property, but that is just an output file. SageTV creates its own schedule.

- Andy
where does sagetv save his schedule, maybe i can make an utility to modify the schedule by my own. its maybe a file that i can modify, or i saved in the registry?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.