SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-18-2007, 10:38 AM
dadams dadams is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 194
HD Media Extenter picture freeze

While watching some SD programs my picture freezes, then after 2 minutes or so the extender shuts down (I assume because it can't recover) I tried 3 different shows (all SD captured from pvr-500) and have the same results. They work through the MVP's. I didn't really watch enough HD programs to know if it happens with the high def shows.

My server is a Core 2 Duo 6400 w/ 2Gb memory, 7600GS. I'm running SageTV 6.3.5

I have submitted a support request, but wanted to run it by the forums since I've received a lot of help here in the past.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-18-2007, 08:46 PM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadams View Post
While watching some SD programs my picture freezes, then after 2 minutes or so the extender shuts down (I assume because it can't recover) I tried 3 different shows (all SD captured from pvr-500) and have the same results. They work through the MVP's. I didn't really watch enough HD programs to know if it happens with the high def shows.

My server is a Core 2 Duo 6400 w/ 2Gb memory, 7600GS. I'm running SageTV 6.3.5

I have submitted a support request, but wanted to run it by the forums since I've received a lot of help here in the past.

Thanks
When you say "picture freezes" I'm assuming you mean that there's video on the screen?

I've got both SD via PVR 500 (2 PVR500's) and HD via HD Homerun recordings. I've never seen video freezing on screen yet.

Question, what recording quality are your PVR 500's set for? Mine are set for "Great" which is 2 gb per hour.

I'm also guessing that you've gotten a successful firmware upgrade on the HD Extender?

What's your recording directory layout? I.e. are the drives local to the server, on another machine, on the network, UNC paths? Mine are right on the server with regular non-UNC paths.

Are you using any STV's/STVi's?
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-18-2007, 09:50 PM
insomniac's Avatar
insomniac insomniac is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Concord, Ca.
Posts: 1,104
I have experienced freezing as well. Ive noticed most of the freezes get triggered inbetween programming "mux switch?"

I had my setup at 720p at the time. After switching to 1080i, i have not experienced freezes yet. go figure..

I will update this post if I experience anymore freezing.

EDIT: A day later, and still no freeze issues since switching to 1080i

I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadams View Post
While watching some SD programs my picture freezes, then after 2 minutes or so the extender shuts down (I assume because it can't recover) I tried 3 different shows (all SD captured from pvr-500) and have the same results. They work through the MVP's. I didn't really watch enough HD programs to know if it happens with the high def shows.

My server is a Core 2 Duo 6400 w/ 2Gb memory, 7600GS. I'm running SageTV 6.3.5

I have submitted a support request, but wanted to run it by the forums since I've received a lot of help here in the past.

Thanks
__________________
If you're not cheating, your not trying...

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.

Last edited by insomniac; 12-19-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-18-2007, 10:10 PM
dadams dadams is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
When you say "picture freezes" I'm assuming you mean that there's video on the screen?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
I've got both SD via PVR 500 (2 PVR500's) and HD via HD Homerun recordings. I've never seen video freezing on screen yet.

Question, what recording quality are your PVR 500's set for? Mine are set for "Great" which is 2 gb per hour.

I'm also guessing that you've gotten a successful firmware upgrade on the HD Extender?
yes and yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
What's your recording directory layout? I.e. are the drives local to the server, on another machine, on the network, UNC paths? Mine are right on the server with regular non-UNC paths.

Are you using any STV's/STVi's?
local to the server and no to the StV's. The weird thing is that last night it happened all of the time. Tonight, I can't get it to happen. Now I have no idea. Hopefully, the problem won't come back.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD Media Extender With Vista buceyes SageTV Media Extender 3 11-28-2007 09:24 PM
Congrats on the HD media extender and Sage Server system mikesm General Discussion 288 09-26-2007 08:35 AM
SageTV Announces Support for AMD LIVE!(TM) Home Cinema and Home Media Server Narflex Announcements 0 01-10-2007 09:09 AM
Feature Request - Picture in Picture Mahoney SageTV Software 4 10-04-2006 01:23 PM
SageTV Media Center Software for Windows Now Available for Linux dkardatzke Announcements 0 01-06-2005 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.