SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Sage User

Strange Behvaior with My Videos

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Recently, I looked into editing the title of several of my ripped TV episodes and later realized that I wanted to go back to just seeing the filename (which places them in the correct order).

For some unknown reason, the first 14 episodes appear to be lumped together with the previously unique title that I created. I have tried to remove this unique title and have all 14 files appear individually; however, this did not work.

Later, I removed all TV episodes from the parent folder and “Refreshed import media” and the folder disappeared from my video library (as expected); however, any attempt to bring the files back into the folder causes the same behavior.

I need to know what I file I need to delete or edit to allow Sage TV (using SageMC) to properly show these files again.

I am using “File System | Folder View | No Filter” as my default view. Also, this issue does not happen when I am using the native SageTV view (only when I invoke SageMC).

Thank you in advance,
Erik

Software Version: SageTV V6.6.2.218
Java Version: 1.6.0_15
SageMC STV Version: 6.3.9a
Sagemc.jar Version: 6.3.8
Df_sageutils.jar Version: 2.2
Phoenix.jar Version: 1.36
Old 09-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Sage Icon

since the title is wrong in SageMC but correct in the default i would look at .my files. .my files are only supported SageMC (whereas BMT, mediascraper (if creating .property files), nielms webserver, etc are all STV agnostic in terms of metadata presented to the user). I've never used .my files but i believe they are stored alongside the recordings (in the same directory).
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

See my post about media tags causing this behavior:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...509#post369509
I use abcAVI Tag Editor which seems to work well.

RLW
Old 09-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Sage User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
since the title is wrong in SageMC but correct in the default i would look at .my files. .my files are only supported SageMC (whereas BMT, mediascraper (if creating .property files), nielms webserver, etc are all STV agnostic in terms of metadata presented to the user). I've never used .my files but i believe they are stored alongside the recordings (in the same directory).
Where would I find these files? I've checked everywhere and cannot find anything...
Old 09-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
See my post about media tags causing this behavior:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...509#post369509
I use abcAVI Tag Editor which seems to work well.

RLW
I read the thread you referenced and even downloaded a utility; however, these files that I am referring to are not .AVI files, but rather .WMV files.

Any suggestions?

I feel like I need to find a key file that SageMC creates to group these files accordingly. I believe such a file became corrupted or "confused" when I temporarily edited the title and later cleared out the title. For some reason, it has grouped 14 individual .WMV files together. I see only one entry with the unique title and the first .WMV episode plays when I select it. I cannot play the remaining 13 from within SageMC.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikM View Post
Where would I find these files? I've checked everywhere and cannot find anything...
if you can't find them in the same directory as the video file then you probably aren't using them.. i would look into phydeaux's suggestion
Check out TVExplorer