SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2017, 03:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question Unraid Hardware - What did you do?

Hi, I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with my legacy "self built" WHS v1 environment. It has been rock solid for years running both NAS and SageTV for WHS. The EGP announcement has me deciding to do something.

I've decided I'll probably go with unraid. Did you buy hardware from newegg? Was it a budget desktop build or a server build?

I'm also looking at the Dell T130 as there is a deal on it right now with a xeon processor for $450 plus taxes after coupon server200. But it is limited to 4 drives and it is an actual server which may be deeper or more complicated or "more enterprise" than I really wanted to go since it is a real server with tons of settings, which seems a little daunting. Also I really don't know how to confirm if Unraid would work on that server? It does have an internal USB port.

Advice please? I don't have a spare desktop sitting to try unraid on.

My use will be NAS, SageTV, Crashplan, and probably a minecraft server. I'd like to keep it rather simple and not be tweaking or monkeying with it once it is up. WHS has been that way for me. Will Unraid be like that?

Last edited by dealsdyker; 02-16-2017 at 03:19 PM.