SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-02-2018, 09:23 PM
SHS's Avatar
SHS SHS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vinita, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
You'll get no argument from me. I'm guessing it's going to go and users can always install it themselves.
Hi wnjj you didn't up all the ir blaster codes
as_ir200l.dll and uu_irsage.dll are not show up
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-02-2018, 09:51 PM
wnjj wnjj is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Hi wnjj you didn't up all the ir blaster codes
as_ir200l.dll and uu_irsage.dll are not show up
According to Narflex's post here (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...16&postcount=9),

as_ir200l.dll isn't build from SageTV source so I don't know where to get it.

uu_irsage.dll is said to be built from SageTV source code but I cannot see any evidence at all in the code repository that supports that. The source code mentioned in that post compiles into SageTVInfraredReceive.dll.

I'll see what I can find.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-02-2018, 10:20 PM
SHS's Avatar
SHS SHS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vinita, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
According to Narflex's post here (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...16&postcount=9),

as_ir200l.dll isn't build from SageTV source so I don't know where to get it.

uu_irsage.dll is said to be built from SageTV source code but I cannot see any evidence at all in the code repository that supports that. The source code mentioned in that post compiles into SageTVInfraredReceive.dll.

I'll see what I can find.
Well something is right as not it seeing any of them right
Well it in the third_party/USB-UIRT
Here screenshot of this and it odd the see the DirecTV Serial Control
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagetv-irblaster.jpg (305.2 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by SHS; 12-02-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-02-2018, 10:25 PM
wnjj wnjj is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Well something is not sit right as it doesn't even see that plugin
Well it in the third_party/USB-UIRT
Here screenshot of the odd the see the DirecTV Serial Control
Clearly uu_irsage.dll is needed for USB-UIRT Transceiver but the one small source code file in third_party/USB-UIRT is not going to do that. There are 19 exported functions in uu_irsage.dll when I checked it in Dependency Walker. I suspect this file is somehow vendor-supplied and I've PM'd Jeff to help sort this out.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-02-2018, 10:29 PM
wnjj wnjj is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,024
Interesting info I found from a super old USB-UIRT forum thread (http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=567)

Code:
Frey wrote the receive plugin (built into Sage), and I wrote the transmit plugin (uu_irsage.dll). So, the ball's in my court, so to speak.
This was from the admin jon (jrhees) about 6 posts up from the bottom.

According to their support page (http://www.usbuirt.com/support.htm), Jon still runs the site so maybe we can get a 64-bit version after all?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-02-2018, 10:31 PM
SHS's Avatar
SHS SHS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vinita, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Interesting info I found from a super old USB-UIRT forum thread (http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=567)

Code:
Frey wrote the receive plugin (built into Sage), and I wrote the transmit plugin (uu_irsage.dll). So, the ball's in my court, so to speak.
This was from the admin jon (jrhees) about 6 posts up from the bottom.

According to their main page, Jon still runs the site so maybe we can get a 64-bit version after all?
Yup any way did you see my screenshot
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-02-2018, 10:37 PM
wnjj wnjj is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Yup any way did you see my screenshot
I thought my comments were speaking to the screenshot.

The missing 64-bit DLL's from SageTV/Common that enable those 3 IR options are:
Code:
as_ir200l.dll
HCWIRBlaster.dll
uu_irsage.dll
I believe they are all provided by outside sources so finding 64-bit options may be challenging.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-02-2018, 10:46 PM
SHS's Avatar
SHS SHS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vinita, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
I thought my comments were speaking to the screenshot.

The missing 64-bit DLL's from SageTV/Common that enable those 3 IR options are:
Code:
as_ir200l.dll
HCWIRBlaster.dll
uu_irsage.dll
I believe they are all provided by outside sources so finding 64-bit options may be challenging.
Odd no one look at "sagetv-irblaster.jpg (305.2 KB, 0 views)" as it showing 0 views any way I'm sure you find that answer to the problem sooner or later for must part job will done
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-02-2018, 10:48 PM
wnjj wnjj is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Odd no one look at "sagetv-irblaster.jpg (305.2 KB, 0 views)" as it showing 0 views any way I'm sure you find that answer to the problem sooner or later for must part job will done
Yeah, the view counter says 0 for me too and I've definitely looked at it.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-03-2018, 12:14 AM
JREkiwi's Avatar
JREkiwi JREkiwi is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
I thought my comments were speaking to the screenshot.

The missing 64-bit DLL's from SageTV/Common that enable those 3 IR options are:
Code:
as_ir200l.dll
HCWIRBlaster.dll
uu_irsage.dll
I believe they are all provided by outside sources so finding 64-bit options may be challenging.
as_ir200l.dll is from Actisys

ACT-IR200L/IR220L/IR220L+
Windows 7/8/10 Driver
Contact tech-support@actisys.com and specify: 32-bit? or 64-bit?

John
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-03-2018, 01:51 PM
SHS's Avatar
SHS SHS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vinita, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
as_ir200l.dll is from Actisys

ACT-IR200L/IR220L/IR220L+
Windows 7/8/10 Driver
Contact tech-support@actisys.com and specify: 32-bit? or 64-bit?

John
Cool
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-03-2018, 05:09 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 2,162
Windows Defender issue should be resolved

I submitted all 3 64 bit installers to Microsoft and received responses and they implemented corrections on all so they scan clear now.

Here are the analyst comments and directions if you want to clear the cached detection and have it rescan.

Code:
Analyst comments:

We have removed the detection. Please follow the steps below to clear cached detection and obtain the latest malware definitions.

1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender 
2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”

Alternatively, the latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.
Hopefully I do not have to do this for each release but that is yet to be seen.

k
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-03-2018, 05:27 PM
SHS's Avatar
SHS SHS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vinita, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,384
That good but it still has issues with SageTVSetup_9.1.10.exe, SageTVPlaceshifterSetup_9.1.10.exe and SageTVSetupx64_9.2.0_beta_1.101.exe

Last edited by SHS; 12-03-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-03-2018, 08:54 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 2,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
That good but it still has issues with SageTVSetup_9.1.10.exe, SageTVPlaceshifterSetup_9.1.10.exe and SageTVSetupx64_9.2.0_beta_1.101.exe
I did not submit those. I am not sure what they do to resolve each but i had to do 3 separate submission to do the 3 i did. Perhaps i will have to submit each file with each release but if thats the case then i likely wont do them all as its an involved process. i was hoping it would build a pattern and solve all the files....not so
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-04-2018, 11:02 AM
SHS's Avatar
SHS SHS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vinita, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,384
That ok I wish I know somebody at MS like I used to but all done left there.

Any way for now it like there no get Hauppauge IR and IR Blaster support as Hauppauge hasn't made a move to 64bit code and not if that can be address and it look like we SOL on ethernet channel change with DirecTV Boxes as well by Ericvic and petty sure the other one made by btrumsey is also going to be no go to .
I guest have we wait on update USB-UIRT dll .
So for now only ATSC and HDHomeRun Tuner work out of the box.

Last edited by SHS; 12-04-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-04-2018, 11:13 AM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Good news I able to reuse all my SageTV
First you want to do uninstall the all old Java and SageTV
After do that move from C:\Program Files (x86)\ the folder SageTV to new place
Now install the lates Java and this ver of SageTV
Next you copy the all the files from the old 32bit SageTV folder over to new 64bit SageTV folder in C:\Program Files\SageTV\
Next time some editing
Find Sage.properties or the SageClient.properties
Open with Notepad click on Edit menu then Replace
Find what: Program Files (x86)
Replace with: Program Files
Then Save it
Note you may get a google plugin error don't worry about just remove the message and restart SageTV
Good Luck
Thanks for the tip ... I have a lot of plugins that some have .properties files so I use a program called search and replace ... it does sub directories.

https://www.nodesoft.com/searchandreplace

Sage 64 Bit is working great thanks to all... I can now say that Sage is the best DVR out there 64 bit is what I have been hoping for... 4096 Heap size
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-04-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-04-2018, 12:33 PM
davidb's Avatar
davidb davidb is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 124
Is the issue with the ethernet channel change the exeMultiTunerPlugin.dll or the dvTune.exe?
If it's the exeMultiTunerPlugin.dll is the source still available? I see Narflex offered to freely give it out on a post from 9/5/2003.

David
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
That ok I wish I know somebody at MS like I used to but all done left there.

Any way for now it like there no get Hauppauge IR and IR Blaster support as Hauppauge hasn't made a move to 64bit code and not if that can be address and it look like we SOL on ethernet channel change with DirecTV Boxes as well by Ericvic and petty sure the other one made by btrumsey is also going to be no go to .
I guest have we wait on update USB-UIRT dll .
So for now only ATSC and HDHomeRun Tuner work out of the box.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-04-2018, 12:58 PM
SHS's Avatar
SHS SHS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vinita, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb View Post
Is the issue with the ethernet channel change the exeMultiTunerPlugin.dll or the dvTune.exe?
If it's the exeMultiTunerPlugin.dll is the source still available? I see Narflex offered to freely give it out on a post from 9/5/2003.

David
If Jeff still has the source code which I all ready PM about and if it gets update to 64bit code then in theory the 32bit dvTune.exe should work with SageTV 64-bit environment as dvTune has it will own separate 32-bit environment and shouldn't need to be update, I all ready ask Hauppauge if they had command line IRBlaster but they don't.

Last edited by SHS; 12-04-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-04-2018, 04:34 PM
wnjj wnjj is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
That ok I wish I know somebody at MS like I used to but all done left there.

Any way for now it like there no get Hauppauge IR and IR Blaster support as Hauppauge hasn't made a move to 64bit code and not if that can be address and it look like we SOL on ethernet channel change with DirecTV Boxes as well by Ericvic and petty sure the other one made by btrumsey is also going to be no go to .
I guest have we wait on update USB-UIRT dll .
So for now only ATSC and HDHomeRun Tuner work out of the box.
It looks like the source code to build the Hauppauge IR blaster is indeed in the SageTV codebase:

Code:
// Enable this define to build the dll which controls the Hauppauge IR blaster (HCWIRBlaster.dll)
There just wasn't a Visual Studio project setup for it yet. I should be able to get that one done easily enough.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-04-2018, 04:36 PM
SHS's Avatar
SHS SHS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vinita, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
It looks like the source code to build the Hauppauge IR blaster is indeed in the SageTV codebase:

Code:
// Enable this define to build the dll which controls the Hauppauge IR blaster (HCWIRBlaster.dll)
There just wasn't a Visual Studio project setup for it yet. I should be able to get that one done easily enough.
Cool just keep mind that the as_ir200l.dll and uu_irsage.dll are not missing they get install just not update as there very same size even with same dates as the 32bit ver
But the HCWIRBlaster.dll dose get update but SageTV just doesn't see it when setup a tuner

Last edited by SHS; 12-04-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Installer jusjoken SageTV Downloads & Instructions 461 08-06-2019 08:07 PM
Windows Installer Update? JrClocker SageTV Github Development 2 07-02-2016 08:48 PM
Does Windows Installer work on WHS emotionnotion SageTV Github Development 7 05-20-2016 07:55 AM
problems with windows installer Galaxysurfer SageTV Github Development 2 04-15-2016 05:41 AM
Any news on the Windows installer? Damstas SageTV Github Development 2 09-03-2015 10:09 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.