SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-09-2016, 02:30 AM
brookb brookb is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 25
tmiranda Plugin Update & Install Failures

Hello all,

Running 7.1.9.256, Java 1.6.0, WinXP 5.1, SageTV7.xml v 7.1.9.12
Most things are good. But I can't update or install any Plugins by tmiranda from his github repository. All other plugins I've tried to update or install go ahead and install OK.

Following is an example of one update error popup:

Plugin Update Progress: Done - FAILED - Resource Download
http: //github.com/tmiranda1962/Java-Heap-Monitor/releases/download/v1.21/JavaHeapMonitor-v1.20.zip

Or trying to install Phoenix - lots of things download OK and then I get:

Plugin Install Progress: Done - FAILED -
Dependency Install phoenix-core-FAILED -
Dependency Install phoenix-api-FAILED -
Dependency Install seamless-util-FAILED -
Resource Download
http ://github.com/tmiranda1962/cling/releases/download/2.0.1/seamless-util-1.1.0.zip

Searching forums I don't see anyone else with this problem. It really seems specific to the tmiranda plugins. Any ideas?

Note: I added spaces after the http entries so they would print out without getting URL tags.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-09-2016, 04:38 AM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookb View Post
Hello all,

Running 7.1.9.256, Java 1.6.0, WinXP 5.1, SageTV7.xml v 7.1.9.12
Most things are good. But I can't update or install any Plugins by tmiranda from his github repository. All other plugins I've tried to update or install go ahead and install OK.

Following is an example of one update error popup:

Plugin Update Progress: Done - FAILED - Resource Download
http: //github.com/tmiranda1962/Java-Heap-Monitor/releases/download/v1.21/JavaHeapMonitor-v1.20.zip

Or trying to install Phoenix - lots of things download OK and then I get:

Plugin Install Progress: Done - FAILED -
Dependency Install phoenix-core-FAILED -
Dependency Install phoenix-api-FAILED -
Dependency Install seamless-util-FAILED -
Resource Download
http ://github.com/tmiranda1962/cling/releases/download/2.0.1/seamless-util-1.1.0.zip

Searching forums I don't see anyone else with this problem. It really seems specific to the tmiranda plugins. Any ideas?

Note: I added spaces after the http entries so they would print out without getting URL tags.
Upgrade to Java 7 (latest) or Java 8... you'll be fine.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-15-2016, 08:56 AM
pjpjpjpj pjpjpjpj is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Upgrade to Java 7 (latest) or Java 8... you'll be fine.
Doesn't Java 8 kill the Phoenix app/webserver access? Or was that remedied?
__________________
Server: AMD Athlon II x4 635 2.9GHz, 8 Gb RAM, Win 8.1 x64, Java 8, Gigabit network
Drives: Several TB of internal SATA and external USB drives, no NAS or RAID or such...
Software: SageTV v9, stock STV with ADM.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-15-2016, 09:01 AM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Doesn't Java 8 kill the Phoenix app/webserver access? Or was that remedied?
The sagetv webserver works, along with the mobile web app and BMT. What breaks is the /apps/ and some plugins that use javascript services, like the plex pugin, etc.

That's why, upgrade to Java 1.7 if those matter, otherwise use 1.8. I use 1.8.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2018, 11:14 AM
mgpaulus mgpaulus is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 156
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I am experiencing the exact same issue on the Java Heap Monitor.

I'm running Sagetv 9.1.5.683 and I'm using Java 1.7.0_80 32-bit on Windows 7 64bit. My HD300 is running pretty sluggish at times, so I wanted to check the Heap on it, but I don't seem to be able to get the monitor installed.

Any hints?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-25-2018, 06:01 AM
tmiranda's Avatar
tmiranda tmiranda is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 5,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpaulus View Post
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I am experiencing the exact same issue on the Java Heap Monitor.

I'm running Sagetv 9.1.5.683 and I'm using Java 1.7.0_80 32-bit on Windows 7 64bit. My HD300 is running pretty sluggish at times, so I wanted to check the Heap on it, but I don't seem to be able to get the monitor installed.

Any hints?
I'm still not up and running in my new house but I was able to download the zip file directly from github. Maybe there was an issue with githib at the time you tried the isntall? Is it still not working?

Please post a logfile so I can see the exact error.
__________________

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2018, 11:51 AM
mgpaulus mgpaulus is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 156
I wonder if I had a flaky version of Jdk 1.7 installed. I had 1.7.0_80 installed, and seemed to have a couple of wierd anomolies. I upgraded to 1.7.0_161, and when I went to try again to get the log failure (the log had already rolled off. Guess I need to see about keeping more logs), the install actually worked. So, unfortunately, I can't get a log file for you. But thanks for checking in.

Mark

Last edited by mgpaulus; 02-25-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
failed, install, plugin, tmiranda


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TwitTV plugin update feeds? tvmaster2 SageTV v7 Customizations 0 10-06-2015 11:49 AM
CMT Plugin update strange problems mechling-burgh SageTV Customizations 13 02-03-2015 10:35 PM
plugin, install once, available everywhere? Deacon Crusher SageTV Beta Test Software 4 07-23-2010 12:52 PM
tmiranda Recently Watched SageV7 nyplayer SageTV v7 Customizations 9 07-02-2010 04:25 PM
Should I Install new Java update? dvd_maniac SageTV Software 1 07-26-2007 01:42 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.