SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-24-2019, 05:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage Server keeps crashing while FF

My Sage Server keeps crashing when using my Hauppauge remote to Fast Forward through a show. I’m watching on a Visio 24” TV, via the HDMI output of the built-in ATI graphics card (from a Gigabyte motherboard). It would appear SOMETHING related to the ATI Radeon HD4200 card is the suspect.

The question is, WHAT? I haven’t been able to decipher the blue screen to fix it - anyone have any ideas? I’ve update ATI drivers I believe. The hardware is fine in every other way. It’s done this for years, and not always. It’s a common occurrence, but not every time I FF.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 20643852-565F-4246-9E7F-12E6D9BF300B.jpeg (296.6 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpeg 55BECFBA-D821-4AE0-A43B-46CE1A5B2CA4.jpeg (35.2 KB, 15 views)
Sage 7 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 2 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - Seagate/Hitachi Deskstar - HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200 networked. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 05-24-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Doing a quick google for "stop 0x00000116 in atimpag.sys" suggests is may be a CPU cooling issue or your graphics card needs reseating (Tricky)

If you've not got a temperature monitor program installed already, i'd try HWmonitor or FanSpeed.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Doing a quick google for "stop 0x00000116 in atimpag.sys" suggests is may be a CPU cooling issue or your graphics card needs reseating (Tricky)

If you've not got a temperature monitor program installed already, i'd try HWmonitor or FanSpeed.
Thanks. Since the graphics card is a built in chipset, I guess I canít reseat it, but Iíll check the temps. One thing to eliminate at a time
Sage 7 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 2 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - Seagate/Hitachi Deskstar - HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200 networked. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 05-25-2019, 02:29 PM

Try a diff decoder codec if nothing else download DDU then Boot into safe mode, use DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers and then reinstall.
You may want get some newer
Old 05-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

If you are a windows user try these recommended decoders.

https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

In reply to your post showing the bluescreen, bluecreens can be corrupted os & drivers or a hardware issue or a combination of the 2. Best option there would be to reinstall everything to rule out software cause. IF it is a hardware issue that is a bit trickier to resolve. Using a computer as a media server is very stressful on hardware. Will your mobo accomodate adding an external gpu? meaning is there a free pci slot you can add a different video card?

Last edited by Galaxysurfer; 05-25-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

https://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...ys.htmlhttp://

This thread suggests the possibility of a bad sector on hdd being the cause. That would make the software be compromised & lead to system failures.

Otherwise the consensus seemed to be a failing mobo. Hopefully your situation isn't that severe. First try reassembling the computer so all the components are seated properly & making all the right connections.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Try a diff decoder codec if nothing else download DDU then Boot into safe mode, use DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers and then reinstall.
You may want get some newer
Which decoders do you suggest? And, what is ĎDDUí?
Old 05-26-2019, 08:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
https://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...ys.htmlhttp://

This thread suggests the possibility of a bad sector on hdd being the cause. That would make the software be compromised & lead to system failures.

Otherwise the consensus seemed to be a failing mobo. Hopefully your situation isn't that severe. First try reassembling the computer so all the components are seated properly & making all the right connections.
If I didnít use the 32bit 1394 channel changing app, I would have gone 64 bit with more ram some time ago, as Iíve always suspected itís a lack of memory, aka Fast Forwarding needs more computing power? For now, until I find a workaround for the 1394 thing, Iím stuck with 32 bit, 4 ram.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
If you are a windows user try these recommended decoders.

https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

In reply to your post showing the bluescreen, bluecreens can be corrupted os & drivers or a hardware issue or a combination of the 2. Best option there would be to reinstall everything to rule out software cause. IF it is a hardware issue that is a bit trickier to resolve. Using a computer as a media server is very stressful on hardware. Will your mobo accomodate adding an external gpu? meaning is there a free pci slot you can add a different video card?
thanks for this info. Itís a good place to start
Old 05-26-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Which decoders do you suggest? And, what is ‘DDU’?
What video give you most problem HD-PVR or Colossus made recording and are using DD 5.1 ?
The MS build codec or LAV Filter codec
DDU = Display Driver Uninstaller
I take that the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H or MA-785GT-UD3H ?.

You know you can buy the USB-UIRT of Ebay for under $50 that be the way to go

Last edited by SHS; 05-26-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
What video give you most problem HD-PVR or Colossus made recording and are using DD 5.1 ?
The MS build codec or LAV Filter codec
DDU = Display Driver Uninstaller
I take that the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H or MA-785GT-UD3H ?.

You know you can buy the USB-UIRT of Ebay for under $50 that be the way to go
Thanks. I will carefully start deciphering which tuner’s drive is being used when a crash happens. I always use 5.1 audio if present. I have a USB-UIRT. I could never make it work. Too confusing I guess. Never found good instruction...if you know a good video demonstration, manual, etc. which makes it easy for dopes, I’d appreciate it

Last edited by tvmaster2; 05-26-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

It is not all that hard. It involves manually programming each position. I gave up on it & cable tv when the provider played games & kept resetting the boxes usually once a week to make my life harder. Too bad for them since they lost a customer for life. Went with the competition that offers fibre. Better for streaming shows anyways. I guess they didn't like me not going along with the program & paying their extortion for hardware purchase & or ongoing rental box fees. OTA suits me just fine. Also no longer dealing with unreliable scheduling from cable company or signal disruptions. My only issues is eh hm the EPG. Working on it. ;-0

Try starting here http://www.usbuirt.com/getstart.htm Sorry don't have more help to offer at moment. I dont have access to my hdd while I reconfigure my system with other helper software I can steer you to.
Honestly it has been awhile since I used it so my memory may be a bit rusty on the procedures.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
If I didnít use the 32bit 1394 channel changing app, I would have gone 64 bit with more ram some time ago, as Iíve always suspected itís a lack of memory, aka Fast Forwarding needs more computing power? For now, until I find a workaround for the 1394 thing, Iím stuck with 32 bit, 4 ram.
I was also using windows 32 bit just for firewire (1394) channel changing. I have since installed my sage server on a 64 bit ubuntu server. Fire wire channel changing works well and I upgraded my windows box to 64 bit. Just a thought.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
I was also using windows 32 bit just for firewire (1394) channel changing. I have since installed my sage server on a 64 bit ubuntu server. Fire wire channel changing works well and I upgraded my windows box to 64 bit. Just a thought.
Sorry, which box does Firewire channel changing work on; a Linux machine, or a Windows 10 box?
Old 06-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm running Sage on a Ubuntu VM on an unRaid box. The firewire Windows drivers only work on 32 bit Windows but firewire channel changing works fine on 64 bit Ubuntu (and other Linux distros as far as I know.) I had Sage on 32 bit Windows for years until about a year ago when I switched to running it on Ubuntu. I find Sage on Ubuntu has all the functionality of Sage running on Windows.

Last edited by gdippel; 06-05-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
I'm running Sage on a Ubuntu VM on an unRaid box. The firewire Windows drivers only work on 32 bit Windows but firewire channel changing works fine on 64 bit Ubuntu (and other Linux distros as far as I know.) I had Sage on 32 bit Windows for years until about a year ago when I switched to running it on Ubuntu. I find Sage on Ubuntu has all the functionality of Sage running on Windows.
ok, thanks. maybe Iíll build a test box and see how I get along...