SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
It might be overkill for just SageTV but once you get unRAID installed and realize that testing out things like Plex, Emby, Jellyfin, Sonarr, Radarr, etc, all become just a click away, you might just end up with a machine that is running 10+ docker containers + windows VMs (as I am).
I'm looking to simplify my setup and retire the machine I use as a Sage server. Moving Sage to a NAS that I already have running will accomplish that.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'm looking to simplify my setup and retire the machine I use as a Sage server. Moving Sage to a NAS that I already have running will accomplish that.
I get that. When I first moved to unRAID I was looking to minimize my maintenance. Keeping a server up to date, etc, was more than I wanted to deal with. So I moved to unRAID because I wanted a NAS and I had a crappy machine lying around that could do the task. And it did for a while, but, I eventually bought a powerful server and then used that for unRAID because, as I said, installing and keeping things up to date wasn't a chore any longer, and trying new things was clean and simple, so today that machine runs 10 dockers and a Wind 10 VM, and is almost no effort to maintain, which is what I really like, because I don't have a lot of time to spend playing with stuff these days