SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Won't record on same channel on different tuner

I have a HDPVR and a HDHR. Both are using FIOS for input. One particular channel, WDCWDT, is available to both tuners. Shows on that channel only record on the HDPVR never on the HDHR.

This is what I've done:

Checked to be sure the channel is enabled in channel setup. The channel on the HDHR is automatically mapped to the same channel number on the HDPVR. FIOS has WDCWDT set to 503 and it comes up as that on the HDPVR. On the HDHR it's 50-1 but it already mapped to 503.

Checked to be sure that the channel names are exactly the same.

Checked to be sure that I can view WDCWDT on the HDHR in channel setup.

Everything looks good on but what am I missing?

Clients: HD200, HD300, Win7 Desktop

Capture Devices: Hauppauge Colossus & 1 HDHR, TV Service: Verizon FIOS
Old 01-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Did you previously set up a tuner merit system that prefers the HDPVR & that's why the HDPVR is getting used first for that channel?

Have you tried setting up a recording on the HDPVR, then tried to record something on that channel? If so, what happens?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

HDPVR is set second highest.

My merits are set as follows:

5 - HDHR 0
3 - HDPVR
1 - HDHR 1

Nothing ever records on the HDHR on that channel even when the HDPVR is recording on a different channel. I should be able to record that channel on any of my tuners.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Administrator

But, what happens when you set up a recording of a currently-airing show on the HDPVR, then try to record a show at the same time on the channel in question?

Does it try to record it?

Does it just toss up a conflict immediately, and if so, what happens when you tell the conflict dialog to do nothing?

Make sure the channel for the HDHD is mapped to the exact same station name, not a slightly different one with a dash in it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is strange (at least to me). The HDPVR was already recording a different channel so I went and forced a recording on the problem channel. It's recording.

I *think* it was just conincidence that only the HDPVR recorded that channel. I've only been using the HDHR successfully for less than a week. I figured out that the conflict was that 4 favorites were trying to record at the same time on 3 tuners.