SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-24-2019, 04:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeber View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply tmiranda - I got married a few days after I posted my original question and it's been a whirlwind since...but I do appreciate the quick turnaround to my original question.

So my next question. What log do you want to see? A comskip or a Docker? And what do I need to enable to generate a log, and where is it written? Sorry, for the basic questions, but I'm still learning my way around Dockers and UnRaid.
Congratulations!

Logfiles are created automatically. Look in the same directory as the sagetv executable for a file called sagetv_0.txt. Zip it and attach it to a post.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

I always used to have comskip pad my commercials, so that I would always watch of 3 seconds of the beginning of commercial and 3 seconds of the end of commercials right before the show restarts, to make sure I don't miss some of the actual show.

Can this only be controlled manually by modifying comskip.ini?
Old 11-25-2019, 05:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I always used to have comskip pad my commercials, so that I would always watch of 3 seconds of the beginning of commercial and 3 seconds of the end of commercials right before the show restarts, to make sure I don't miss some of the actual show.

Can this only be controlled manually by modifying comskip.ini?
Yes, there are parameters in the comskip.ini file you can tweak to change the padding. The best source of info in here: http://www.kaashoek.com/files/tuning.htm

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:45 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks, Tom. I did get it configured with the padding. I would have sworn that I recall this as a setting somewhere in the SageTV UI. Must be mistaking it for something else.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Thanks, Tom. I did get it configured with the padding. I would have sworn that I recall this as a setting somewhere in the SageTV UI. Must be mistaking it for something else.
I think there is a settling like that in the comskip plugin options.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I think there is a settling like that in the comskip plugin options.
Detailed Setup/Customize. Down near the bottom in the "Extra Options" section you'l see Comskip Playback Options. That will bring up a dialogue box with all the option sections. You want "operation options" and on that menu you'll see the start and stop offsets as well as other things like minimum sections to mark (i.e. if it only sees a 15 second "commercial" it won't mark it), and lots of other stuff.
A lot of possible switches and options on all the Comskip playback options menu.

A couple from the bottom on the first menu you'll get a list of all the stuff going on. There you can set how many files to comskip at once (nice to limit the # of comskips running concurrently if you have a slower processor or limited memory).
On that running list you can also see your job queue as well as current files comskip is running on. This is also where you tell Comskip where the comskip program is and what ini file to use.
You can also limit which channels comskip runs on by entering a list of channels for comskip to ignore. i.e. I don't usually run comskip on the PBS channels and if I had them, things like HBO, etc.
You can also tell it which file extensions to clean up when you delete a recording. That can change depending on some plugins you might be using which may create other files when they process your recordings. EDL files, properties files, etc.