SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > SageTV Marketplace

Notices

SageTV Marketplace This forum is to be used to buy/sell/trade SageTV hardware and software only.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageTV Client licenses

Is there anyway to obtain a SageTV client license?

In my struggles with trying to get my HD300 to playback bluray rips I have investigated options to replace SageTV all together since you can not get anymore clients either software or extender easily. Lets just say the DIY PVR market is bleak! I have MythTV backend setup on a VM and have tried using an Intel NUC as a client. Well that works "okay" but for the life of me I can not solve a tearing problem in video playback. I tried XMBC client and that has no tearing but the interlaced video looks horrible. So maybe my best option is to make a SageTV Client out of the NUC.

Note I am using a NUC cause I have one free from work, but would consider other hardware if anyone has suggestions.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:38 PM

The only way to get licenses is by buying them from users that are selling them after the are decommissioning their systems.

I happen to have a client licesnse as well as 3x HD200 and a server 6 and 6 to 7 upgrade license.

I assume you would be interested in the extender client license. I'm not even sure what a going price is on those now a days.

Feel free to PM me or email brad$ at$ theretzlaffs% dot% com (obfuscated for obvious reasons).

Brad