SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2017, 01:05 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI - How to change the merit of your tuners

I don't know that this is documented anywhere so I thought that I would add this thread.

The encoder merit property in Sage allows you to set the priority for which tuner will be used first. The default is that all tuners have a merit of 0. The tuner with the highest merit will be the one that will record first, pari passu. Prior to V9 the only way to change this was in the Sage.properties file.

With V9 you can turn on the ability to edit the merit by going to Detailed Setup - Customize. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you will see an option to "edit merit priority values". Set this to Yes and then you should be able to go into the Setup Video Sources menu item and change the merit. You will see the merit on the first page of Source Setup that shows all of the tuners.