SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Create a SageTV linux distribution

Could someone create a SageTV linux distribution based on Ubuntu? It would seamlessly load the SageTV interface after the boot screen without displaying the desktop.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Are you talking server or client? This would have the most benefit for a client, but most people use non-PC devices as their clients, like SageTV extenders or Linux TV devices.

The ideal hardware device for what you describe would be an RPi but I believe there are issues with getting SageTV to run on an RPi.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Are you talking server or client? This would have the most benefit for a client, but most people use non-PC devices as their clients, like SageTV extenders or Linux TV devices.

The ideal hardware device for what you describe would be an RPi but I believe there are issues with getting SageTV to run on an RPi.
You might (I hope to try this sometime in the next month or two) be able to install Android on the RPi and then the Android Client for SageTV. But as I said I haven't tried it yet.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/instal...-raspberry-pi/
Old 12-18-2019, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was talking about the server. On Windows, the desktop loads and then SageTV starts up. Media center loaded seamlessly.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post

Linux TV device, something like the many little black box Android TV boxes? Tempting. Could probably run that off my wi-fi.
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 mATX AMD Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz, Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD - Black SN750 NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 2x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, HD-PVR2, WinTV-quadHD USB, Windows 10 64bit