SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-14-2007, 02:17 PM
perfessor101 perfessor101 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 244
Editing the Search Field in Imported Videos Searches?

Hello,
I was curious if you were going to add the ability to edit the search field when (before) searching for Imported Videos information.

Periodically I've been loosing EPG information on shows and then am left with a file like BattlestarGalactica-Collaborators-9774463-0.mpg which comes up blank on the IMDB search.

Normally I just try to track them and decide on whether to delete and 'unwatch' them to record them again or just plain delete it.

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
__________________
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-14-2007, 07:27 PM
JREkiwi's Avatar
JREkiwi JREkiwi is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfessor101
I was curious if you were going to add the ability to edit the search field when (before) searching for Imported Videos information.
I've been meaning to look at what would be involved in doing that.

John
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-15-2007, 10:58 PM
JREkiwi's Avatar
JREkiwi JREkiwi is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,082
New version

(1.5.4)
- Added Search button on IMDB search results page. Allows you to try another search if the auto search doesn't get the result you want.

John
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-16-2007, 09:24 AM
perfessor101 perfessor101 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 244
Thank you, thank you, thank you ...

Installing now ;-)

I'll give it a test drive here ...

Bobby
__________________
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-20-2007, 07:57 AM
lovingHDTV's Avatar
lovingHDTV lovingHDTV is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,019
I just tried this out and have a couple questions.

1. I do see the .my files being created in one of the sage recording directories. It was also specified in the setup options.
2. None of the .my file information is evers shown. I'm trying to do this for my ripped DVD under imported videos.

Does this work for displaying info on imported videos or just sage recordings and archived recordings?

thanks,
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-20-2007, 02:42 PM
JREkiwi's Avatar
JREkiwi JREkiwi is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
Does this work for displaying info on imported videos or just sage recordings and archived recordings?
Yes, however, if you are using one of the methods that ends up creating a file in your sage recording directory, you need to move the file to where your imported video is, and rename it to the same name as the imported video.

ie: imported video = z:\imported\test video.avi
my file - z:\imported\test video.my

John
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-20-2007, 04:44 PM
lovingHDTV's Avatar
lovingHDTV lovingHDTV is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Yes, however, if you are using one of the methods that ends up creating a file in your sage recording directory, you need to move the file to where your imported video is, and rename it to the same name as the imported video.

ie: imported video = z:\imported\test video.avi
my file - z:\imported\test video.my

John
I installed the IMDB plugin and do a lookup, then click create .my file. I would prefer that the .my files be put in the directory with the DVD rips. Is this possible or do I need to do this everytime by hand.

Also I was just thinking, does this even work with DVD rips?

thanks,
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-20-2007, 06:04 PM
JREkiwi's Avatar
JREkiwi JREkiwi is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
I installed the IMDB plugin and do a lookup, then click create .my file. I would prefer that the .my files be put in the directory with the DVD rips. Is this possible or do I need to do this everytime by hand.

Also I was just thinking, does this even work with DVD rips?
Now that you mention it, I've never checked to see if it works with straight DVD rips. I never really bothered with it because the IMDB search never really worked for me. Now that I've added an additional IMDB search button, I'll have a look at what's needed to get that working.

John

Last edited by JREkiwi; 01-20-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-20-2007, 10:14 PM
JREkiwi's Avatar
JREkiwi JREkiwi is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,082
Ok. I've had a quick look. The import will read my files if they in this structure.

\DVD Name\VIDEO_TS\dvd files

and the .my file is called VIDEO_TS.my and is in the DVD Name directory.

I'll look into getting the writing working properly for DVD's

John
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-21-2007, 01:50 AM
JREkiwi's Avatar
JREkiwi JREkiwi is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,082
Added a new test version

(1.5.5)
- Fixed writing of .my files from IMDB for ripped DVD's

John
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-21-2007, 10:46 AM
lovingHDTV's Avatar
lovingHDTV lovingHDTV is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Added a new test version

(1.5.5)
- Fixed writing of .my files from IMDB for ripped DVD's

John
This seems to work well for me. I just moved and renamed the .my and .jpg files for the video directory to my dvd directories and it all works great!

Thanks,
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-21-2007, 06:53 PM
kricker's Avatar
kricker kricker is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,137
Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Yes, however, if you are using one of the methods that ends up creating a file in your sage recording directory, you need to move the file to where your imported video is, and rename it to the same name as the imported video.

ie: imported video = z:\imported\test video.avi
my file - z:\imported\test video.my

John
Any one know of a way to bind these my files to the video file so it automatically moves with it. Kinda like when you download a web page all it resources are bound to it. so delete the page and it deletes the resources.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-21-2007, 10:00 PM
JREkiwi's Avatar
JREkiwi JREkiwi is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Any one know of a way to bind these my files to the video file so it automatically moves with it. Kinda like when you download a web page all it resources are bound to it. so delete the page and it deletes the resources.
Are you thinking of cleaning up after you delete a file? (this import will delete the my file if you delete a video file, or you could use Dirmon)... or are you talking about moving files to a different location? If so, how do you move them?

John
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 AM
oferc999 oferc999 is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
Change the font to hebrew

How can I change the font of the pluin so he can read hebrew font
(I edit the .my by myself)

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 AM
kricker's Avatar
kricker kricker is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,137
Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Are you thinking of cleaning up after you delete a file? (this import will delete the my file if you delete a video file, or you could use Dirmon)... or are you talking about moving files to a different location? If so, how do you move them?

John
Move them, which I do by hand in explorer right now.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-12-2007, 12:58 PM
JREkiwi's Avatar
JREkiwi JREkiwi is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Move them, which I do by hand in explorer right now.
Just move the .my file with the video file.

John
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-12-2007, 04:51 PM
kricker's Avatar
kricker kricker is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,137
Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Just move the .my file with the video file.

John
Yeah, I do that, but it would be nice if somehow the .my file was attached and moved with it automagically.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-13-2007, 12:26 AM
JREkiwi's Avatar
JREkiwi JREkiwi is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by oferc999
How can I change the font of the pluin so he can read hebrew font
(I edit the .my by myself)

Thanks
It inherits the ui/base_font settings from the sage(client).properties file. Is there something that's not displaying properly?

John
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-13-2007, 12:29 AM
JREkiwi's Avatar
JREkiwi JREkiwi is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Yeah, I do that, but it would be nice if somehow the .my file was attached and moved with it automagically.
I don't don't know of anything that will do that. Do you?

John
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 AM
kricker's Avatar
kricker kricker is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,137
Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
I don't don't know of anything that will do that. Do you?

John
Nope, that's why I was asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Any one know of a way to bind these my files to the video file so it automatically moves with it. Kinda like when you download a web page all it resources are bound to it. so delete the page and it deletes the resources.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
STV Import: Comskip Playback for Default STV (v1.5.4 30/August/2008 for SageTV 5/6) JREkiwi SageTV Customizations 600 11-23-2011 07:58 AM
STV Import: Pandora Internet Radio (Default STV and SageMC) cncb SageTV Customizations 290 10-20-2010 03:37 PM
STV Import: Auto Compress for version 6 Default STV (V1.4.5 1/October/2008) JREkiwi SageTV Customizations 325 10-15-2010 03:06 PM
STV Import: Batch Metadata Importer Tools for Default STV Tiki Batch Metadata Tools 23 05-03-2010 09:52 PM
STV Import: Fan Art for Default STV by TiKi (v2.2 Feb 22, 2009) Tiki SageTV Customizations 102 01-05-2010 05:16 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.