SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-16-2022, 09:58 AM
Sage User

my sagetv setup is failing me

I recently got a new server and moved two Hauppauge tuner cards into it. They seemed to work for a few weeks, but now one is failing. The signal strength is too low on all channels, even when I swap the input signals to the two cards. Boosting the input with an amp also doesn't help. I'm guessing something on the PCI board has failed. The failing card is a model 1255, I am pretty sure. The working card is an 1855, I believe.

I have another 1855 tuner card, and I put it into the machine. I cannot seem to add it as a video source. I go through all the steps, but afterward there is no new video source. All three cards show up in the device manager, and there are choices for them in the "add source" list, but after adding them, I don't have another source. Can sagetv not handle two of these cards that are identical?

I thought I would look for a multiple-tuners card to just avoid problems with old hardware, but I'm not confident about using anything that I see available.

I'm very frustrated and sad and would appreciate any help. I've been banging my head against this for hours, and I just want it to work :-(

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2022, 10:33 AM
SageTVaholic

What are you trying to record? OTA? QAM?

I believe that those are pretty ancient tuning cards and I don't think that you have the model numbers right. There is an 1850 and a 1265. I remember that some of the Hauppauge cards had a weird issue with more than 4TB of memory.

If you are recording OTA the best way to go is to get an HD HomeRun then you don't have to screw around with internal cards. You can find them on ebay for under $50.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have both the Hauppauge quad pci card & the Silicon Dust network card. They both have their pluses & minuses. What I will say about the pci cards is that you still get a recorded show if there is a disruption of the internet. If you still get no recording then there is bigger fish to fry so to speak with something going down in our reality.