SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
Yes. I see the following in the SageTV lineup selection screen when using SD:

Sony PSVue - National
Sony PSVue Washington, DC - Washington (my local market)

I haven't tried using it yet.

--John
Thanks, John. I may have to give that a shot.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

It is beyond my scope of expertise but could an add-on bring similar TVE functionality to SageTV? I've played around with Channels with TVE and it works pretty well. We all have different setups and needs however I don't think the 80 dollar annual fee is out of line if you compare hardware requirements and Schedules Direct. I'm running the Channels DVR server on Synology NAS so need maintain PC server. Is it a perfect solution? No but the addition of TVE really makes it a viable option and the client app is pretty good.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Unfortunately the audio with TV Everywhere is not up to snuff. I'm doing some testing with Channels DVR now and it seems to be the closest I've found to SagerTV. The latter still the best for how I use it except for remote viewing. Emby I like, but until it gets seamless automatic commercial skip with the ability to rewind, (not the Plex cutting), Channels DVR is the best I've seen so far. Except I can't replace that with streaming stuff as the TV Everywhere audio is just stereo on at least the channels I tested. And no downloading of things "in app" for stuff like a plane trip. I use Plex for that downloading now as it works well with the SageTV recording files while Emby does not. Or just plug my tablet into my computer and manually skip things on playback after downloading the files.

I've got a couple of weeks with Channels DVR, but while TV Everywhere is a no-go, it works great with mobile devices, (no surround sound I see, but is on phones and tablets there), outside of the LAN and can do surround sound locally.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I see new Shows Like Picard etc ... are not going to be broadcast on regular TV or Cable ... I also see that The Orville is moving to HULU from OTA .. It appears the shows do better with Subscription services than OTA. I am glad channels DVR is working on a way to record these services ... I believe TV everywhere is a winner.

Broadcast channels are turning into The GameShow Network

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-23-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:36 PM
Sage Icon

When channels dvr hits a commercial, using comskip, does it automatically skip over it like SageTV would?
Old 07-23-2019, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
When channels dvr hits a commercial, using comskip, does it automatically skip over it like SageTV would?
Yes it does it is off by default on AndoidTV, Apple TV FireTV as far as I know any Device that runs the Channels DVR Clients ...

Old 07-23-2019, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Sage TV is great but the way we are Viewing TV has Changed so much in the last year I doubt if there is going to be further Development of the Engine. The developers have done a great job ... but I cannot fault them for not investing any valuable time on it. Streaming is here now and will be here in the future..

Comskip also works on TVEverwhere Streams.

If You mean does it do LiveTV detecting I would have to say no.... But it runs Comskip when recordings are done which is more accurate and you can edit the skips.

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-23-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I see new Shows Like Picard etc ... are not going to be broadcast on regular TV or Cable ... I also see that The Orville is moving to HULU from OTA .. It appears the shows do better with Subscription services than OTA. I am glad channels DVR is working on a way to record these services ... I believe TV everywhere is a winner.

Broadcast channels are turning into The GameShow Network
That only work on reg Hulu TV not reg Hulu Media Steaming so Channels DVR should not work at or it will getting if self in a lot hot water
Old 07-23-2019, 08:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
That only work on reg Hulu TV not reg Hulu Media Steaming so Channels DVR should not work at or it will getting if self in a lot hot water
I know that... All the good dramas and Shows are on Streaming Services unless You want to watch game shows and Bachelor/Bachelorette shows.. OTA shows are getting really bad IMOP.

Philo and Channels DVR gives me all my Cable channels I like for $28 plus being able to record with a lot of extra money left over for some subscription services as opposed to paying Comcast.

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-23-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:22 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Sling Blue: Limited support for TVE: USA, SYFY, E!, BRAVO, NGC, NGWILD, FS1, FS2, FX, FXX,
Just curious about the "limited" support of Sling Blue. Are the channels listed above the only ones that you can record?
Client: HD300; Samsung UN46B7000
Client: Nexus Player / Mini-Client; Sony KDL-32L4000
Client: SageTV Placeshifter 7
Client: SageTV Client 9