SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:20 AM
Sage Fanatic

Drive Enclosure That appears as a LAN Share?

Sounds like a NAS box application, I know - but I don't want a NAS because I already have 6 tb of stuff on two Windiws-firmatted drives and want to avoid the hassle of migration to a NAS' RAID array.

Instead, I would like to simply move those two 3-tb drives from the PC they currently live in to a couple of LAN-present enclosures.

The greater agenda being to move my Sage server from my desktop PC to a little fanless OC sitting under my kitchen TV and freeing up the HD-200 currently there for another use.

I guess the obvious alternative is a mini or micro OC box with two 3.5" bays and an SD system drive.

Googling so far is turning up discontinued devices.

Can anybody shed some light?
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus (3) 2-tb local drives for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna
Old 11-26-2019, 08:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Maybe check out some of the ODROID products from www.hardkernel.com to see if they have something you could use - maybe the ODROID-HC2 : Home Cloud Two would work out.
I use a C2 for my Plex client running OpenPHT and it plays everything that I throw at it will full audio pass thru too.
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 12-02-2019, 07:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Also check out https://www.addonics.com/products/nas40esu.php
This is a neat device that should work for you - I have an older usb only version that I use.
You would need drive enclosure(s) but this is probably the closest you will get to your requirements. You can add the drives without formatting them too.
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 12-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

I pulled the trigger on an Odroid H-2 a couple days ago.

Once I establish that even I can install a distro and get it running, I'll order the second one.
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus (3) 2-tb local drives for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna