SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Files are recorded from my Spectrum set top box. Now that you mention it I have a vague recollection of getting a donator version in the past. Please remind me. How do I get a donator version?
Old 06-19-2018, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacevich View Post
Files are recorded from my Spectrum set top box. Now that you mention it I have a vague recollection of getting a donator version in the past. Please remind me. How do I get a donator version?
Link to donate is here: http://www.comskip.org/

After you donate he will email you a link to the download.

Sage Server: ASUS/Intel C2D based system w/4GB RAM. Win7, Hauppauge PVR 150, Hauppauge HVR-2250 and an HDHR. Runs headless. Accessed via VNC when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

The key to getting the donator version is having the login credentials to comskip donator area. If you got it in the past, you may already have a login to site. The site where the files reside is http://www.kaashoek.com/donators/ and comskip.org has a link to it. Good luck.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 07-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69 Send a message via Skype™ to wbarber69
Comskip Detector options not available on extenders

ive been beating my head against the wall trying to get commercial detection working again after having my 10 year old pc die on me. And ive figured out that the appropriate settings menus dont exist in my extenders settings. Everything is as it should be if i run from the windows client. but nothing i do from the extender works. I can get it to initiate just about any other exe but the comskip one.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69 View Post
ive been beating my head against the wall trying to get commercial detection working again after having my 10 year old pc die on me. And ive figured out that the appropriate settings menus dont exist in my extenders settings. Everything is as it should be if i run from the windows client. but nothing i do from the extender works. I can get it to initiate just about any other exe but the comskip one.
Make sure tmiranda's "Commercial Detector UI" is installed and enabled for the media extenders. This installs separately on SageTV Client but must be installed on the server for media extenders.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:54 PM
Sage User

I'm pounding my head on how to figure out how to install CommercialDetector.

I've had Sage for over 10 years now but haven't ventured into skipping commercials.

When I go to install CommercialDetector plugin in the sage plugins list, it says not compatible (under the general plugins and also under the UI ones)

I am using v9

What do I do?

I have donated to get the full comskip plugin. Although with that also I'm confused on how to install. I can install the comskip plugin via the plugin interface but it obviously is the free one that you can get with sage.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zervun View Post
I'm pounding my head on how to figure out how to install CommercialDetector.

I've had Sage for over 10 years now but haven't ventured into skipping commercials.

When I go to install CommercialDetector plugin in the sage plugins list, it says not compatible (under the general plugins and also under the UI ones)

I am using v9

What do I do?

I have donated to get the full comskip plugin. Although with that also I'm confused on how to install. I can install the comskip plugin via the plugin interface but it obviously is the free one that you can get with sage.
The plugin installer should give you the reason why it's incompatible. What does the error message say?

Sage Server: ASUS/Intel C2D based system w/4GB RAM. Win7, Hauppauge PVR 150, Hauppauge HVR-2250 and an HDHR. Runs headless. Accessed via VNC when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:02 PM
Sage User

I'll check when I get home. I assumed it was because I was using whatever is the latest version on v9.