SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Help with Display Settings

I have installed v9.2.1.826 (Java v1.8.0) on a new Windows 10 machine. (My Vista machine crashed leaving me without a way to compare v9 with v7.) I have been using v9 for about two weeks now and everything works as expected. I am a happy camper.

However, I do have issue with the screen display:

1. In v7 the date was displayed on the Home screen but is not on the v9.
2. How do I adjust the font size of the Widget Pane?

and the biggie!

3. (I am referring to the Client but the same is with the Server. Furthermore, I am going from memory of what v7 was like.)

In v7, when I opened TV>Recordings>All Recordings, the list was a single line in the left column and, when show was highlighted, had a list of the episodes in a second column. I could simple right arrow, select episode, press Play and watch the show. In v9, I have to advance four or five screen before I can watch the show.

I am attaching 3 PDF files with 21 screen shots of (what I believe is) all my display settings. (I had Gemstone activated in both versions.)

SageTV Screen Shots-1.pdf

SageTV Screen Shots-2.pdf

SageTV Screen Shots-3.pdf

What am doing wrong?
Old 05-08-2019, 08:25 PM
Sage Icon

This should be moved to the gemstone v9 forum.

1. Date format is set in detailed setup...its not a gemstone specific setting so find the date format option and change it.

2. Did you try customize in the widget options menu? I think the font can be changed there....or perhaps in options, advanced, fonts...cant recall which.

3. are you sure you were using recordings and not one of the TV Flows like the Sage or Dual list flow?

k
Old 05-09-2019, 11:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
This should be moved to the gemstone v9 forum.

1. Date format is set in detailed setup...its not a gemstone specific setting so find the date format option and change it... another example my great need for retraining.

2. Did you try customize in the widget options menu? I think the font can be changed there....or perhaps in options, advanced, fonts...cant recall which.

3. are you sure you were using recordings and not one of the TV Flows like the Sage or Dual list flow?

k
Thank you for responding.

1. <blush> Of course it is. It was ten years ago that I set it so forgot.

2. I can find the Font settings for several menus (Main and Recording Schedule, for instance) but I apparently don't know where to look for the 'universal" setting -- "options, advanced, fonts." I can set the margin in the Widget panel but not the font size. (There are several other menus that lack a way to adjust the font setting.)

3. I see that I had (in v7) been using the malore display. Changing that got me closer to resolving this issue.

Again, thank you for your time.