SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2019, 04:17 PM
Sage User

Question Schedules Direct update interval increased to 24 hours

I have been using Schedules Direct since the summer of 2017 without any issues. The last six weeks or so, however, whenever I look at the System Information screen I've noticed that the time referenced by the Next EPG Update In: value always adds up to 24 hours after the Last EPG Update: value, whereas it seemed to be something on the order of every 4 hours in the past. The program guide is still being updated correctly and extends for the same period of time (~17 days), it's just the update interval is much longer now.

The only changes I've made are last month I did a couple Full Channel Scans on my lone lineup due to over-the-air channels in my area moving to new frequencies. I took a look at my Sage.properties and found these values...
Code:
epg_data_scan_period=14400000
sdepg_core/editorial/update_interval=86400000
...which I see correspond to 4 hours and 24 hours, respectively, in milliseconds. I looked at some backups, though, and found that's what those values have always been.

I looked through my log files and didn't find anything unexpected during the EPG update section. Is there some other setting that controls these update intervals? Is that interval determined solely by the client, or does the Schedules Direct server specify when the client should check back again?
Input: Rooftop antenna → Hauppauge HVR-2250, Hauppauge HVR-1250
Output: Samsung PN51D7000 via HDMI

Tags
epg, program guide, schedule, schedules direct