SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #121  
Old 04-25-2015, 09:23 AM
KryptoNyte's Avatar
KryptoNyte KryptoNyte is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
... [cats] decide when to interact with you on their terms and believe they are fully in charge ...
... while secretly planning to kill you in your sleep.



Boxers make fantastic pets!
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-25-2015, 12:24 PM
Mark57's Avatar
Mark57 Mark57 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OKC
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
Another "Newb". . . .

After I got an Atari 1040ST that 800 became the "heart" of my BBS along with a whopping 10MB (yes MEGA byte) 5-1/4" full height hard drive, and a Prometheus 1200 baud modem.
Oh yeah, I understand the 10mb monster. I remember what I paid for my first "hard card" so I could store all my kb's of stuff from "IBM writing assistant." Then there was that first 120mb drive that I filled up in 6 months . . . Don't get me started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
. . . are independent and almost couldn't care less what you think of them (more on that shortly). They decide when to interact with you on their terms and believe they are fully in charge. . . .
Are you talking about cats or spouses?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Excuse me now... I hear hissing and keys clicking in the other room, by the computer where the orders are kept. I better go see what that cat is up to... I hope she wasn't reading the forum out there.

Andy
Don't stop her. She's filling orders. I just received 12 HD-300's for $1 a piece.
__________________
Mark
____________________
Server: Scratch built server, 16GB RAM, Nvida GeForce 8600 GTS, 6 HD Homeruns, 32 TB Storage, Windoz 10 64 bit, Sage 64 bit 9.2.1, Sage HD-100 & 200 Extenders
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark57 View Post
Don't stop her. She's filling orders. I just received 12 HD-300's for $1 a piece.
Umm... I hate to say this but those are counterfeit. I think you'll find they are made out of hairballs and cat litter. One of our cats has a mean streak.

Andy
__________________
SageTV Open Source v9 is available.
- Read the SageTV FAQ. Older PDF User's Guides mostly still apply: SageTV V7.0 & SageTV Studio v7.1.
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-25-2015, 01:31 PM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
8< snip >8 Excuse me now... I hear hissing and keys clicking in the other room, by the computer where the orders are kept. I better go see what that cat is up to... I hope she wasn't reading the forum out there.

Andy
Looks like the cat must not have been reading the thread because I just got my invoice Email. Already paid it on PayPal.

So maybe the cat was just sending in his demo tape to be the next Keyboard Cat.

Thanks Andy!
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-25-2015, 01:34 PM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
You might want to check out this site: http://oldcomputermuseum.com

I found the computer that I made from scratch in 1978 on that site. And when I say made from scratch, I don't mean assembled. I mean soldering all of the chips, resistors, capacitors, etc. onto a pre-made PCB. And then I saved up to buy the 4KB ram expansion.

That computer could blink an LED like nobody's business.
You definitely have me beat. I made some mods to my Atari 800. One of the first ones I made was installing a speaker switch for the internal speaker so my late night typing wouldn't bother the housemates.
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-26-2015, 10:35 AM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneb View Post
A cat will leave if the neighbor has better food. How many cases have there been where neighbors argue over who owns a cat? A dog is 100% loyal, even homeless people have happy dogs, you have rescue dogs that find people buried after a disaster, seeing eye dogs, seizure dogs and doing many other jobs helping people. If you had a seeing eye cat you might just get hit by a car next time you have to cross a street if you were ever late for their dinner.
Plus there was never a TV show where you heard "What Muffin, you say Timmy is stuck in a well?" How many times would Timmy have died if the show had been named "Muffin" instead of "Lassie" because "Muffin" would wait until after he was fed, and the beam of sun went behind the window so he couldn't get toasty warm any more. Maybe, and only maybe, then he would tell his masters (yeah, right) that their kid was in danger? (Oh well, more tuna for Muffin!)
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-26-2015, 08:21 PM
razrsharpe razrsharpe is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Dogs just grovel and whine to get what they want. They obey out of fear of the pack leader, with their tail between their legs, head hung low... happy to do just about anything for that treat and some attention. Cats, on the other hand, are independent and almost couldn't care less what you think of them (more on that shortly). They decide when to interact with you on their terms and believe they are fully in charge.
Forget where I found this but it's pretty funny

DOG's DIARY:



8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing! 

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing! 

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing! 

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing! 

12:00 PM - Lunch! My favorite thing! 

1:00 PM - Played in the yard! My favorite thing! 

3:00 PM - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing! 

5:00 PM - Milk bones! My favorite thing! 

7:00 PM - Got to play ball! My favorite thing! 

8:00 PM - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing! 

11:00 PM - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing! 



CAT's DIARY:



Day 983 of my captivity. 
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.
Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.



The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. 
In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. 



Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. * However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. 
Bastards! 



There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage. 



Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.



I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.
The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. 

He is obviously retarded.
__________________
Server 2003 r2 32bit, SageTV9 (finally!)
2x Dual HDHR (OTA), 1x HD-PVR (Comcast), 1x HDHR-3CC via SageDCT (Comcast)
2x HD300, 1x SageClient (Win10 Test/Development)
Check out TVExplorer
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-27-2015, 10:21 AM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Forget where I found this but it's pretty funny

DOG's DIARY:



8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing! 

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing! 

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing! 

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing! 

12:00 PM - Lunch! My favorite thing! 

1:00 PM - Played in the yard! My favorite thing! 

3:00 PM - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing! 

5:00 PM - Milk bones! My favorite thing! 

7:00 PM - Got to play ball! My favorite thing! 

8:00 PM - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing! 

11:00 PM - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing! 



CAT's DIARY:



Day 983 of my captivity. 
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.
Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.



The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. 
In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. 



Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. * However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. 
Bastards! 



There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage. 



Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.



I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.
The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. 

He is obviously retarded.
Or in video form with a couple added ones at the end of the cat's diary.

Sad Dog Diary Video "This is too much, I must pee on the bed"

Sad Cat Diary video
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-27-2015, 10:29 AM
cncb cncb is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,271
I hope you guys mocking cats have verified that your extenders have already shipped or they might "accidentally" get "lost" during shipment .
__________________
-Craig
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-27-2015, 10:58 AM
pjpjpjpj pjpjpjpj is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,160
I read razr's post and my mind fills in a voice for the dog similar to the sheepdog in classic Bugs Bunny cartoons ("duuuuh, which way did he go, George, which way did he go?"), whereas it fills in something akin to Stewie on "Family Guy" for the cat's voice....
__________________
Server: AMD Athlon II x4 635 2.9GHz, 8 Gb RAM, Win 10 x64, Java 8, Gigabit network
Drives: Several TB of internal SATA and external USB drives, no NAS or RAID or such...
Software: SageTV v9x64, stock STV with ADM.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-27-2015, 01:18 PM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I hope you guys mocking cats have verified that your extenders have already shipped or they might "accidentally" get "lost" during shipment .
It is FedEx's problem now. I just got my FedEx ticket in Email a few minutes ago.
As of 2:50pm it says: In FedEx possession SOUTH PLAINFIELD, NJ

Tendered at FedEx location



Thanks Andy!
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-27-2015, 01:20 PM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I read razr's post and my mind fills in a voice for the dog similar to the sheepdog in classic Bugs Bunny cartoons ("duuuuh, which way did he go, George, which way did he go?"), whereas it fills in something akin to Stewie on "Family Guy" for the cat's voice....
I can hear those voices too. But I really do like the Sad Dog and Sad Cat diary voices in those videos. HI LARIOUS!
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-27-2015, 01:46 PM
Mark57's Avatar
Mark57 Mark57 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OKC
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
It is FedEx's problem now. I just got my FedEx ticket in Email a few minutes ago.
As of 2:50pm it says: In FedEx possession SOUTH PLAINFIELD, NJ

Tendered at FedEx location



Thanks Andy!
My HD-200 was tendered to FedEx last Friday and will be here Wednesday.
__________________
Mark
____________________
Server: Scratch built server, 16GB RAM, Nvida GeForce 8600 GTS, 6 HD Homeruns, 32 TB Storage, Windoz 10 64 bit, Sage 64 bit 9.2.1, Sage HD-100 & 200 Extenders
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-27-2015, 04:03 PM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark57 View Post
My HD-200 was tendered to FedEx last Friday and will be here Wednesday.
I'm hoping for quicker service than that. It as at a New Jersey facility and I'm in CT. I know that all my NewEgg and Amazon stuff that gets shipped from a NY/NJ warehouse usually arrives the next day here in CT. <fingers crossed>
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-27-2015, 06:37 PM
jt4242 jt4242 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
I'm hoping for quicker service than that. It as at a New Jersey facility and I'm in CT. I know that all my NewEgg and Amazon stuff that gets shipped from a NY/NJ warehouse usually arrives the next day here in CT. <fingers crossed>
Massachusetts, Leominster area arrived next day
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-27-2015, 08:04 PM
Mark57's Avatar
Mark57 Mark57 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OKC
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
I'm hoping for quicker service than that. It as at a New Jersey facility and I'm in CT. I know that all my NewEgg and Amazon stuff that gets shipped from a NY/NJ warehouse usually arrives the next day here in CT. <fingers crossed>
My driver has to take more "potty" breaks driving to OK from NJ.
__________________
Mark
____________________
Server: Scratch built server, 16GB RAM, Nvida GeForce 8600 GTS, 6 HD Homeruns, 32 TB Storage, Windoz 10 64 bit, Sage 64 bit 9.2.1, Sage HD-100 & 200 Extenders
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,620
Update: So far, I've sent out invoices for about 40% of the orders and shipped about 30%... so some progress is being made.

Andy
__________________
SageTV Open Source v9 is available.
- Read the SageTV FAQ. Older PDF User's Guides mostly still apply: SageTV V7.0 & SageTV Studio v7.1.
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-28-2015, 03:07 AM
SteveW's Avatar
SteveW SteveW is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fall River, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 389
Shipping

Andy,

For those of us in Canada, is USPS/Canada Post an option you are willing to ship by? It's more economical for us at this end rather than the "bordering on extortionist" brokerage fees the big carriers charge....

Tnx
__________________
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-28-2015, 04:52 AM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Update: So far, I've sent out invoices for about 40% of the orders and shipped about 30%... so some progress is being made.

Andy
As of 6:38am FedEx is showing mine as "On truck, out for delivery"

Thanks for tackling this project Andy!
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-28-2015, 06:18 AM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
For those of us in Canada, is USPS/Canada Post an option you are willing to ship by? It's more economical for us at this end rather than the "bordering on extortionist" brokerage fees the big carriers charge....
Yes, I'm shipping USPS for international orders. But, I'm finding that it is still ridiculously expensive, even though it is cheaper than UPS or FedEx.

Speaking of international orders -- I don't know if this is an option anywhere else, but I just heard that New Zealand has an option called YouShop where a package gets shipped to a US address, then it gets forwarded to NZ from there.

Andy
__________________
SageTV Open Source v9 is available.
- Read the SageTV FAQ. Older PDF User's Guides mostly still apply: SageTV V7.0 & SageTV Studio v7.1.
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two HD300s For Sale - Canada jorton SageTV Marketplace 1 01-22-2014 11:26 AM
Two HD300s and one HD200 for sale onlydarksets SageTV Marketplace 4 01-15-2014 04:45 PM
Two HD300s for sale soulprops77 SageTV Marketplace 3 01-14-2014 11:50 PM
2 HD300s for sale HuntHunt SageTV Marketplace 1 10-13-2012 01:56 PM
Will have 6 HD300s for sale in a few weeks akoker SageTV Marketplace 8 10-04-2012 03:53 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.