SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage 7 support for DVD Profiler

Does the new 7 UI support DVD profiler database and cover art
If so. how do you import
Old 05-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

I downloaded the MetaData (bmt) plugin and noticed in it's configuration that you could select DVD Profiler as a source, but I couldn't see if you pointed it towards your .xml file or what like SageMC did. I'd look into that as a starting point.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe you have to go into it's web UI to configure the DVD Profiler XML and Image paths.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have tried to install BMT but it fails.
Any suggestions
Old 05-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Sage User

I installed the BMT plug-in, which has configuration options for DVD Profiler. There's a place in the BMT webUI to specify the DVD Profiler XML file and Image directory locations, and if you want it to automatically scan against DVD Profiler by default, I think you also need to add "dvdprofiler" to the list of metadata sources for TV and/or Movies.

I am new to BMT, however, so I'm not completely certain how it's supposed to work. Mine is currently fetching metadata from DVD Profiler, but for some reason it seems to be ignoring the cover images. I suspect this is due to user error on my part, but I haven't had a chance to track it down yet.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

I remember with SageMC you actually pointed SageMC to one level higher than the DVD Profiler images folder to get it to work...might be something similar.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Naylia, Stanger, and grison.
After some trouble getting the bmt and its associated server running I was able to configure the settings
I have a few more DVDs to rip. When finished I will be able to verify its working
Old 10-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Sage User

Sorry for the necro, but...

I'm making the move from SageTV v6.6 w/SageMC to SageTV v7.20RC without SageMC and want to know how to get BMT with DVDProfiler up and running. I loved Brent's original walkthrough for SageMC+DVDProfiler on geektonic and need a similar dummy's instruction set. I tried just installing BMT from the plugin manager but it didn't all seem to work and wasn't at all clear what to do after the installer finished.

If anyone can provide help or impressions of using the two together that would be great.

Last edited by corwiniii; 10-15-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I used to use DVDprofiler with BMT but could never get BMT to pull the images from DVDprofiler. Metadata came in fine though. MyMovies is basically free so I made the switch and use that with Plucky's SMM plugin. Might want to check it out.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

I can't answer your question but can tell you I had 2000 movies in DVD Profiler. I imported that database into MyMovies without a hitch. The key, I think, to a smooth import was that I had all the bar codes in DVD Profiler so it was a no brainer for MyMovies to match it all up correctly.

I have seen options that make it seem like DVD Profiler can be used but have never tried it. Just wanted to throw in that if you find the need to go to MyMovies and have your current DVD Profiler scanned in with a bar code scanner, it shouldn't be that bad
Old 10-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the replies. I think this weekend if I have time I'll investigate SMM. It looks great, but I'm just hung up on using DVDProfiler because I paid for it, I like it, and that's what I know. However I'm not unwilling to move on. When I did try MyMovies I hit import from DVDProfiler and MyMovies immediately hung on the first movie. I just sighed and didn't want to deal with it that moment.

I wouldn't mind a more stream-lined option anyway, because with DVDProfiler I had to enter the movie, export the Collection.XML, open up SageTV and run the folder scan in SageMC, then run the DVDProfiler Metadata refresh. If I set these to auto it always created problems.

I used the barcodes for all the movies I actually own, but many are ripped from other sources or are MKVs without barcodes. They were entered into DVDProfiler by searching on the title name.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwiniii View Post
Sorry for the necro, but...

I'm making the move from SageTV v6.6 w/SageMC to SageTV v7.20RC without SageMC and want to know how to get BMT with DVDProfiler up and running. I loved Brent's original walkthrough for SageMC+DVDProfiler on geektonic and need a similar dummy's instruction set. I tried just installing BMT from the plugin manager but it didn't all seem to work and wasn't at all clear what to do after the installer finished.

If anyone can provide help or impressions of using the two together that would be great.
I believe all you do is install BMT through the plugin system. And then go to the web UI and configure the location of the XML and the images. You can then run scans and such directly from the web UI. Or you can configure it to automatically update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
I can't answer your question but can tell you I had 2000 movies in DVD Profiler. I imported that database into MyMovies without a hitch. The key, I think, to a smooth import was that I had all the bar codes in DVD Profiler so it was a no brainer for MyMovies to match it all up correctly.
It's quite easy in my experience to import DVD Profiler data into MM. My problem has always been getting that data linked with files on the file system, that just never worked very good.