SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 08-04-2018, 05:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Android MiniClient v1.3.0

Happy to annouce a new MiniClient client. There is only a single new feature in this release and it bumps it from 1.2 to 1.3. The new feature is...

ability to configure the remote button and touch/swipe action for the application.

ie, with this change, you can map the Android remote buttons to sagetv button from the setting/configuration page of the application. (maybe you want the right button to do a FF2 instead of a skip??)

The best part of this change, is that I didn't do it Another user on the forum @jvl711 (Josh) did this work and submitted the Pull Request and I pulled it into it's own release. I've sitting on this for over a week now, I've tested it on my setup (everything appears to work).

In the Application Settings look for Touch Mappings and Media Key Mappings and configure away. If you were previously using the "Smart Remote" (ie, remote changes behaviour depening on if you are watching a video of not), then you might need to re-enable this in the Settings.

Another feature of this release is that the long press up/down/right/left will try to do a repeat instead of doing a single page up/down. I'm not seeing a configuration for the repeat rate, but, we should add that later (ie, to repeat faster).

Enjoy, and hopefully this change allows people to configure the remote actions to their liking. And many thanks to jvl711 for doing this change.

This release has been posted to bintray, google play store, and the amazon app store