SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-17-2019, 06:27 AM
Sage User

Wiz.bin 162GB -Filled Disk

So something went crazy yesterday and I woke up to a full hard drive. Wiz.bin is 162GB. I don't know how to diagnose this or even what info might be helpful. I can say this seemed to happen out of the blue. No changes were made in the days leading up to this. Any ideas?

Windows 10
Latest Java
Latest SageTV Windows build
Weather plugin
Youtube plugin

I'm having a hard time getting much to start so I can't see version numbers for some of these.

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 03-17-2019, 08:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
So something went crazy yesterday and I woke up to a full hard drive. Wiz.bin is 162GB. I don't know how to diagnose this or even what info might be helpful. I can say this seemed to happen out of the blue. No changes were made in the days leading up to this. Any ideas?

Windows 10
Latest Java
Latest SageTV Windows build
Weather plugin
Youtube plugin

I'm having a hard time getting much to start so I can't see version numbers for some of these.
You are probably getting bitten by the YouTube API failure. Look at the last few posts in the YouTube support thread in this forum.

Basically the "sort by date" function is broken which is causing the YouTube plugin to record WAY too many videos.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yep... my 4TB of storage is almost full!
Old 03-17-2019, 01:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
You are probably getting bitten by the YouTube API failure.
I think you are right. When I uninstalled the YouTube plugin, particularly the Youtube Downloader, it stopped growing. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 03-17-2019, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I think you are right. When I uninstalled the YouTube plugin, particularly the Youtube Downloader, it stopped growing. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
YW. This is not a condition I ever imagined when I wrote this plugin.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

BTW, I just turned off all recording (did NOT uninstall) and that fixed it for me.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 03-18-2019, 06:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
BTW, I just turned off all recording (did NOT uninstall) and that fixed it for me.
Please do tell how you did that. Does it still provide a way to show what has not been watched - I presume this would stream or download upon pressing play?

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 03-19-2019, 12:26 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not at home, so I can't give you step by step details, but basically this is what I did:

I went to each channel I was recording and adjusted the favorite to not record (there are 3 settings, and I set all to off/none/???) I then deleted all the recordings made.

You are just going to get a garbage listing until YouTube fixes things. This is 100% on YouTube, not tmiranda's program. The old saying garbage in garbage out applies. This is the stupidest thing I've heard a company like this do. I can think of 20 different and better ways to temporary fix the issue they had Friday. Oops, rant off.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)