SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #741  
Old 01-25-2019, 05:37 AM
tmiranda's Avatar
tmiranda tmiranda is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 5,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
@tmiranda:

Attached are a SageTV log after rebooting, using Youtube, displaying a video, and seeing it halt.

I was testing another issue I saw last night. After rebooting Sage, I could not replicate that issue, but I did replicate the above issue where a video plays, the video halts, and the sound and time index keep going. If you do a quick Fast-Forward, then reverse it, it temporarily solves the problem until the next time the video halts. That becomes annoying eventually.

For the attached log, the correct file type is 7z. The ZIP version was too big for the forum limits. You'll need to rename it to sagetv_0.7z before opening it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Erv
Will look at it this weekend. Have you tried downloading the latest youtube-dl from here: https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html

Replace the executable that's located in the sage install directory.
__________________

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Reply With Quote
  #742  
Old 01-26-2019, 06:00 PM
tmiranda's Avatar
tmiranda tmiranda is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 5,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
@tmiranda:

Attached are a SageTV log after rebooting, using Youtube, displaying a video, and seeing it halt.

I was testing another issue I saw last night. After rebooting Sage, I could not replicate that issue, but I did replicate the above issue where a video plays, the video halts, and the sound and time index keep going. If you do a quick Fast-Forward, then reverse it, it temporarily solves the problem until the next time the video halts. That becomes annoying eventually.

For the attached log, the correct file type is 7z. The ZIP version was too big for the forum limits. You'll need to rename it to sagetv_0.7z before opening it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Erv
As far as I can tell the plugin is doing things correctly but the video player is choking on the video stream. I do not know why, that's above my pay grade

As a workaround you can go to the plugin manager -> installed plugins -> General (top menu) -> YouTube Recording Engine -> Configure. The look at the "Video Format" setting, it will probably say "best". You can edit that and change it to one of the values in the "FORMAT SELECTION" section on this website: https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/bl...rmat-selection
__________________

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Reply With Quote
  #743  
Old 02-04-2019, 04:22 PM
egeller egeller is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Drexel Hill, PA
Posts: 237
Getting Smarter...Sort of

I tested the halting-youtube-video problem some more this afternoon.

It is not the plug-in. It's the player.
  • The updated Youtube executable made no difference.
  • The problem occurs even on downloaded Youtube content, where we're no longer using the plugin.
  • I remembered that I still have one computer running the Sage Client on Windows. I do not replicate the problem there. The video plays as expected.
  • The SageTV log does not seem to indicate anything. I think I may need to turn on client logging and look there.
My usual mode of watching is via an HD-200. I have an HD-300 that I thought was getting flakey at one point. I'll dig it out and test using that.
__________________
Server:UnRaid;2x Intel Xeon E5; SuperMicro moboard;Also:BM3000 w/ WMC; 2x Ceton ETH 6; OpenDCT
SageTV Extender:3x HD200 1x HD300
Sage TV: 9.1.10, Standard STVi, Comskip Playback, Web Interface, 24 Hour Clock, SRE, YouTube2015, Playon
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Reply With Quote
  #744  
Old 02-04-2019, 08:21 PM
tmiranda's Avatar
tmiranda tmiranda is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 5,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
I tested the halting-youtube-video problem some more this afternoon.

It is not the plug-in. It's the player.
  • The updated Youtube executable made no difference.
  • The problem occurs even on downloaded Youtube content, where we're no longer using the plugin.
  • I remembered that I still have one computer running the Sage Client on Windows. I do not replicate the problem there. The video plays as expected.
  • The SageTV log does not seem to indicate anything. I think I may need to turn on client logging and look there.
My usual mode of watching is via an HD-200. I have an HD-300 that I thought was getting flakey at one point. I'll dig it out and test using that.
Thanks for testing.
__________________

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Reply With Quote
  #745  
Old 03-16-2019, 07:29 AM
gary201 gary201 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 104
Favorite Channel: Video Sort Order

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that videos are no longer sorted by date when viewing a channel. I've verified the sort order is still set to Date. Nothing has really changed. I've been thoroughly enjoying weekend viewing of my favorite channels, but noticed this morning that there is no apparent sort being applied to any of the channels. Most likely YouTube has changed something that is now affecting the plugin, but that just a guess on my part.
Reply With Quote
  #746  
Old 03-16-2019, 10:53 AM
MattHelm MattHelm is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,180
Youtube goes wild!

I noticed that this morning when my favorites recorded 500+ shows!!!
__________________
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Reply With Quote
  #747  
Old 03-16-2019, 12:03 PM
gary201 gary201 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 104
I used to have it automatically record shows, but out of caution I turned it off and just have it download/watch on demand.

But this brings up an interesting potential suggestion. It might be nice if there was an option that if (all of a sudden) the plugin sees there are more than X number of shows that it would typically queue up to record, to abandon that and consider it an issue (e.g. suspend all downloads if more than a certain huge number become available). This might help prevent a mass-download in the future if something like this happens again (though we don't yet know just what is going on).
Reply With Quote
  #748  
Old 03-16-2019, 02:30 PM
robogeek robogeek is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Appleton, WI USA
Posts: 561
Beware the ides of march. A YouTube API sorting issue began sometime last night. This sorting issue that is resulting in the YouTube plugin queuing up many YouTube recordings (over 4000 and was still queuing in my case ) appears to be an issue on Google's end with their YouTube API:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...te-not-working

Hopefully Google will fix the YouTube API soon. In the meantime, I have disabled the YouTube (2015) and the YouTube Recording Engine plugins in my SageTV Installed Plugins list. This has stopped the plugin from consuming unnecessary resources until the problem gets sorted out (pun intended ). The YouTube recording queue may need to be purged once the problem is fixed and the plugin is enabled again.
__________________
--Jason

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 3.2GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u201, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Reply With Quote
  #749  
Old 03-16-2019, 04:00 PM
robogeek robogeek is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Appleton, WI USA
Posts: 561
Yikes, I also just noticed my Wiz.bin file had grown to over 50 gigabytes! Yes, giga, not mega

I shutdown SageTV, reverted to the most recent Wiz.bak from when I rebooted the PC for Windows updates earlier this afternoon. This Wiz.bak from earlier this afternoon was over 1 gigabyte. After restarting SageTV with this oversize 1 gigabyte Wiz.bak and with the YouTube (2015) and YouTube Recording Engine plugins disabled, all seems to be back to normal now with a much more expected 125 megabyte Wiz.bin.
__________________
--Jason

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 3.2GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u201, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Reply With Quote
  #750  
Old 03-17-2019, 08:18 AM
tmiranda's Avatar
tmiranda tmiranda is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 5,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
Beware the ides of march. A YouTube API sorting issue began sometime last night. This sorting issue that is resulting in the YouTube plugin queuing up many YouTube recordings (over 4000 and was still queuing in my case ) appears to be an issue on Google's end with their YouTube API:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...te-not-working

Hopefully Google will fix the YouTube API soon. In the meantime, I have disabled the YouTube (2015) and the YouTube Recording Engine plugins in my SageTV Installed Plugins list. This has stopped the plugin from consuming unnecessary resources until the problem gets sorted out (pun intended ). The YouTube recording queue may need to be purged once the problem is fixed and the plugin is enabled again.
The API is certainly messed up.
__________________

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Reply With Quote
  #751  
Old 03-17-2019, 11:02 AM
Beaker's Avatar
Beaker Beaker is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
Yikes, I also just noticed my Wiz.bin file had grown to over 50 gigabytes! Yes, giga, not mega

I shutdown SageTV, reverted to the most recent Wiz.bak from when I rebooted the PC for Windows updates earlier this afternoon. This Wiz.bak from earlier this afternoon was over 1 gigabyte. After restarting SageTV with this oversize 1 gigabyte Wiz.bak and with the YouTube (2015) and YouTube Recording Engine plugins disabled, all seems to be back to normal now with a much more expected 125 megabyte Wiz.bin.
Yep. I found my drive full with a 162GB wiz.bin this morning. I think this started 3-16-19. Any idea how to clean a wiz.bin without having to restore a backup?
__________________
"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength." Corrie Ten Boom

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Reply With Quote
  #752  
Old 03-17-2019, 03:08 PM
Beaker's Avatar
Beaker Beaker is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Any idea how to clean a wiz.bin without having to restore a backup?
Good news in case anyone is still looking for some answers. I have uninstalled the YouTube plugin, particularly the YouTube Downloader and my porcine Wiz.bin file was restored to it's svelte 93MB.
__________________
"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength." Corrie Ten Boom

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Reply With Quote
  #753  
Old 03-18-2019, 06:46 AM
tmiranda's Avatar
tmiranda tmiranda is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 5,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Good news in case anyone is still looking for some answers. I have uninstalled the YouTube plugin, particularly the YouTube Downloader and my porcine Wiz.bin file was restored to it's svelte 93MB.
Good to know. The plugin stores data in the wiz.bin as it is "doing it's thing" and should clean up when it's done.
__________________

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Reply With Quote
  #754  
Old 03-18-2019, 11:23 AM
wayner wayner is online now
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 6,578
These issues may be related to YouTube's efforts to prevent uploading and viewing of the NZ shooter's video:
https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/18/...ooting-videos/

Quote:
When that wasn't enough, YouTube also disabled the option to search for "recent uploads." Both that search feature and the use of human moderators are still currently blocked.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #755  
Old 03-19-2019, 08:47 PM
Shield Shield is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 402
So is the best recommendation just to disable the Youtube downloader altogether then? Or just disable any automatic downloads?

Like others my favorites continually download all videos and the sort is broken.
__________________
HD300/HD200 clients
Reply With Quote
  #756  
Old 03-21-2019, 04:20 PM
Beaker's Avatar
Beaker Beaker is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
So is the best recommendation just to disable the Youtube downloader altogether then? Or just disable any automatic downloads?

Like others my favorites continually download all videos and the sort is broken.
Both work and both will easily allow you to pick up where you left off after this is over.
__________________
"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength." Corrie Ten Boom

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Reply With Quote
  #757  
Old 03-25-2019, 01:11 PM
MattHelm MattHelm is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,180
Any update on this?

tmiranda
Could you look at what the guy in message 11 https://issuetracker.google.com/issu...3031#comment11 and see if you can use his fix to fix you program?

No rush, no pressure, just asking.
__________________
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Reply With Quote
  #758  
Old 03-25-2019, 04:10 PM
tmiranda's Avatar
tmiranda tmiranda is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 5,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
Any update on this?

tmiranda
Could you look at what the guy in message 11 https://issuetracker.google.com/issu...3031#comment11 and see if you can use his fix to fix you program?

No rush, no pressure, just asking.
Most everything I've read says this is a temporary issue that they are fixing. I'd rather not have to write a bunch of code if I can avoid it. I'm in "wait and see" mode.
__________________

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Reply With Quote
  #759  
Old 03-27-2019, 07:44 PM
robogeek robogeek is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Appleton, WI USA
Posts: 561
Just a note to let everyone know the YouTube API sorting is fixed and the YouTube plugin appears to be working normally again
__________________
--Jason

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 3.2GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u201, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Reply With Quote
  #760  
Old 03-28-2019, 07:31 PM
MattHelm MattHelm is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,180
While it's working somewhat, it's not working correctly. One of my favorites has 580+ weekly shows the latest 3 shows, then skips to a show from 11/19/15, skipping 140 shows or so.
__________________
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plex Hacked July 1, 2015 tvmaster2 General Discussion 5 07-08-2015 02:43 AM
Will 2015 leap second effect SageTV? Paul H SageTV Software 10 01-16-2015 07:43 AM
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2015 SHS General Discussion 25 01-01-2015 08:59 PM
Plugin request for SageTV Windows Client: Autofrequency plugin mkanet SageTV v7 Customizations 3 11-12-2011 09:33 AM
MediaPlayer Plugin/STV Import: Winamp Media Player Plugin deria SageTV Customizations 447 12-11-2010 07:38 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.