SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-27-2018, 12:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Customized Thumbnails

I've been converting my DVD's to MP4's and importing them into Sage so I can watch them as videos.

I see it generates thumbnails next to the name. It looks like it creates the image w/in the first second or so of the video.

Is there a way to customize them to generate an image, say, x amount of seconds into a video instead?

Thanks for any help.
Jim

Last edited by xjim1; 12-27-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Sage Icon

There is a setting for that, not sure off the name.

You can also add a jpg with the same name, in the same folder, as the video file, and it will show that instead.

Example:
Movie.mp4
Movie.jpg
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 12-27-2018, 11:18 AM
Sage Icon

video_thumbnail_extraction_time_offset_sec in sage.properties. You’ll have to delete any existing thumbnails that you want redone.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah I found the folder where the thumbnails reside, but doing it one by one would be too much work. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Yes! The properties file. I should have known to look at it. I'll give it a try.
Thanks!
Old 12-27-2018, 07:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjim1 View Post
Yeah I found the folder where the thumbnails reside, but doing it one by one would be too much work. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Yes! The properties file. I should have known to look at it. I'll give it a try.
Thanks!
In theory you can change the setting then delete every thumbnail and eventually SageTV will rebuild them. In other words if you don't delete the ones you don't like the setting won't get used as it will not be generating anything.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
In theory you can change the setting then delete every thumbnail and eventually SageTV will rebuild them. In other words if you don't delete the ones you don't like the setting won't get used as it will not be generating anything.
The more I think about it, I like both ideas. Create custom thumbnails for movies (a lot of DVD's even have a jacket folder with such images), and use Sage created ones for TV episodes.

I just want to delete the ones I don't like. That will work, yes?

I guess I'll find out soon enough once I restart.

Cheers