SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-22-2019, 04:44 AM
Sage User

Feature Request - Record specific season

Having missed a number of episodes of the current season of one of our favorite shows, I thought I might try and setup a favorite to record those episodes from the current season when they air again. Problem is that the earlier seasons are in syndication and air regularly. I want to record 'All Episodes' but be able to select 'Season 12', 'Current Season' or maybe 'Season 12 & newer' when setting up the favorite. I believe Sage has all the data to support this feature request - just needs a bit of logic and a UI change. What do you think?
Old 04-22-2019, 04:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiDAD View Post
Having missed a number of episodes of the current season of one of our favorite shows, I thought I might try and setup a favorite to record those episodes from the current season when they air again. Problem is that the earlier seasons are in syndication and air regularly. I want to record 'All Episodes' but be able to select 'Season 12', 'Current Season' or maybe 'Season 12 & newer' when setting up the favorite. I believe Sage has all the data to support this feature request - just needs a bit of logic and a UI change. What do you think?
The scheduler is one of the most complicated parts of the core. It certainly could be done but will take some effort.

It could also be done via a plugin that would inspect each completed recording and delete the ones that did not meet the Season criteria specified.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiDAD View Post
Make sure there not all ready mark as watch and another problem is it could be Guide data it self
Old 04-22-2019, 11:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

I would vote for this. I have wanted it to catch up on a particular season of things like Law and Order or Hawaii 5-0, though I would like to also be able to do "Season 12 and Older" to get the classic 5-0.
SD HDHR3-CC w/ RCN Cable FW:20161116
SD HDHR-US (OTA) FW:20150615
Old 04-23-2019, 05:04 PM
Sage Icon

At one time I was in the same boat, missing about 4 episodes in a single season. Then I realized that I could set up a favorite with a keyword/keyphrase that got me one of the episodes that I needed. I did it 3 more times with episode keyword and that took care of it.

If I needed to isolate and record more than about 6 episodes, I just set up a favorite to record everything that was unwatched, which also allowed me to set old episodes that I watched on a streaming service to "watched" in SageTV as I deleted those episodes.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

When I run into this issue, this is what I do.
1. Add show as favorite.
2. Go into favorite and select past airings. (step 3 is done from inside this menu)
3. Mark all of them Watched.
4. Sort them by original air date.
5. Find the ones I missed and mark them unwatched.

Done.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)