SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #121  
Old 04-28-2020, 07:53 AM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
I am not experiencing this problem (I use HD300s), but I do have a number of .png files in GeneratedThumbnails that are empty (size 0). Would a zero length file also likely cause problems for the miniclient?

--John
I have 0 length files and it still is working... They have no effect.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-28-2020, 11:29 AM
jvl711's Avatar
jvl711 jvl711 is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 612
I am trying to reproduce this issue, and I am having a hard time doing so.

Here is how I tried to break it.

1. Went into the thumbnail cache, and modified on of them to 0 bytes.
2. Went into the thumbnail cache, and modified on of files and put garabge data in.
3. Modify a poster file to 0 bytes
4. Modify a poster file and put garbage data in.

None of these were able to produce an error. The posters just did not render in the mini client.

Anyone have another idea?

Josh
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-28-2020, 01:32 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
I am trying to reproduce this issue, and I am having a hard time doing so.

Here is how I tried to break it.

1. Went into the thumbnail cache, and modified on of them to 0 bytes.
2. Went into the thumbnail cache, and modified on of files and put garabge data in.
3. Modify a poster file to 0 bytes
4. Modify a poster file and put garbage data in.

None of these were able to produce an error. The posters just did not render in the mini client.

Anyone have another idea?

Josh
I do not think you are going to be able to recreate it as Schedules Direct has fixed the logos on their end. I believe the old guide date still had bad urls to where the old logos were located ... but once these days aged of it corrected itself.

I tried I shutdown SagetV Deleted everything in the thumbnail's folder restarted it and SageTV repopulated it with the right logo files.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; 04-28-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-28-2020, 03:01 PM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 6,899
Speaking of generated thumbnails, how big is it on your server? Mine is 4.42GB. When I do a properties (in Win10 File Explorer) on the folder mine says:

Size: 105 MB
Size on disk: 4.42GB
Contains: 4,540 Files

Server OS is unRAID
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-28-2020, 03:03 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Speaking of generated thumbnails, how big is it on your server? Mine is 4.42GB. When I do a properties (in Win10 File Explorer) on the folder mine says:

Size: 105 MB
Size on disk: 4.42GB
Contains: 4,540 Files

Server OS is unRAID
I do not generate thumbnails for recordings they are usually wrong any way. Mine is only 16MB and only contains url for channel logos.

seeker/generate_thumbnail_when_recordings_complete=false
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; 04-28-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 05-02-2020, 05:05 PM
EnterNoEscape's Avatar
EnterNoEscape EnterNoEscape is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 2,597
A speedy way to update the logo URLs is to switch to the alternative ones, then switch back. This is found under Detailed Setup > Customization at the very bottom.

Edit: This actually reaches out to Schedules Direct and gets the latest ones. Also, every time the EPG is updated, those URLs get updated.
__________________
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 05-02-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 08-09-2020, 01:26 AM
boukmandutty boukmandutty is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Norman OK
Posts: 90
Question:

How does the MiniClient do its lan based connection? My openwrt router just doesn't see anything while it attempts to connect over lan.

I have been trying to figure out how to get it to wake up a sleeping sever for a while now. The router that is configured so that once I launch a Plex client the server wakes up. I have been trying to get the same thing happen with this SageTV Android client but to no avail.

I find that I have to launch the client and then go to "Connect Using Locator ID" before the router can register network activity from the MiniClient and turn on the server.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 08-13-2020, 07:29 AM
sic0048 sic0048 is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by boukmandutty View Post
Question:

How does the MiniClient do its lan based connection? My openwrt router just doesn't see anything while it attempts to connect over lan.

I have been trying to figure out how to get it to wake up a sleeping sever for a while now. The router that is configured so that once I launch a Plex client the server wakes up. I have been trying to get the same thing happen with this SageTV Android client but to no avail.

I find that I have to launch the client and then go to "Connect Using Locator ID" before the router can register network activity from the MiniClient and turn on the server.
Personally I would value security over power usage. Therefore I would leave the server on all the time and block the ports you have open on the firewall. The "locator ID service" works by going out to a server on the internet to locate your device - even if your playback device is on your local LAN. While I haven't heard of any security concerns with that service, using it means you have a few open ports on your firewall. I would be concerned that the open ports could be exploited somehow/someday.
__________________
i5 quad core server with about 10tb of space currently
SageTV v9 (64bit)
Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6 cable card tuner (Spectrum cable)
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Android MiniClient 1.2.9 stuckless SageTV Clients Development 53 04-16-2018 07:30 AM
New Android TV Box and Miniclient rickgillyon SageTV Clients Development 4 01-03-2018 05:19 PM
Android MiniClient 1.2.12 Released stuckless SageTV Clients Development 18 11-13-2017 01:05 PM
Android MiniClient - ExoPlayer stuckless SageTV Clients Development 46 12-28-2016 01:46 PM
Android Miniclient and UK TV rickgillyon SageTV Clients Development 6 12-01-2016 05:58 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.