SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-28-2004, 08:15 PM

Unhappy hmm

I have tried those drivers and running wintv first. I am running an amd athlon 64 with windows xp with sp 2 installed. Incase the other people with this problem are running the same. If I get some time I will try and put the card in one of my other 2 computers (p3 and athlon xp) and see if I get the same results.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Sage User

I'getting the same as Cryogen. only sound on all channels but I get a halfway decent picture for about a half a sec after switching channels. the card is straight from sage directly.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:56 PM
Sage User

CPU
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+

DirectX Info
Version 9.0c
Long Version 4.09.00.0904
DirectDraw
Version 5.03.2600.2180
Primary Device RADEON 9600 SERIES
Display Device
RADEON 9600 SERIES Driver 6.14.10.6467
DirectShow
Version 9.0c
Long Version 4.09.00.0904
DirectSound
Version 5.3.2600.2180

Motherboard Info
Model Chaintech Zenith 7NJS Ultra nVidia-nForce
BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BIOS Version 6.00 PG
BIOS Release Date 09/15/2003

Operating System Info
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
Version 5.1.2600
Service Pack Service Pack 2
Locale US
Old 08-28-2004, 10:10 PM

Question hmm

For some unknown reason channels 1-13 work now. I decided to play some doom 3 and when I got back out it kinda works. I have tried every channel setup that is on there and anything over 13 turns into pure snow with no audio. Doesnt show anything like it use to before it turns into snow either. Wish I knew what was going on.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Sage User

Imported Avi's dont play either. Just get the sound with a black screen.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:54 AM
Sage Icon

You guys may want to uninstall SP2. Especially Cryogen since you are running the Athlon 64. I recently read an article where there are huge problems with SP2 and the Athlon 64s particularly in Mpeg decoding etc. I'm thinking this may be a very likely cause of your problem.
Also make sure you are running the latest DirectX and the absolute latest video drivers. If you game on the same machine that you are running Sage on you may need to reboot after gaming for Sage to function properly again.

Last edited by ToxMox; 08-29-2004 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Sage User

I thought it may be SP2 also but I its not. I first installed the card and sage on my computer with sp1 and a well used install of windows. When this problem occured I figured it could be fixed with a fresh install of the OS. Along with the fresh install I decided to also apply SP2. So the problem occurred on both SP1 and SP2.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:48 AM

supernoob your AVI may not work unless you install the decoder like for XviD or DivX decoder.

supernoob can try this by hook a VCR and use the Composite output and Audio output from the VCR to the PVR 250 and change by re-setup sage to may use of the Composite input try using as VCR tuner to see what happing.
Just wild guest but it may be possable that sage didn't switch tuner over to cable mode and stick to AIR TV channel.
Are you sure you pick the rigth input after chossing "Happauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture TV Tuner" then "Use Tuner Capture Card to tune Cable TV"?.

Also please post "Driver Details" from WinTV2K. To do that, go to the Help menu and click about. Then go to the "Driver Details" tab and copy the content and x out your serial number before post it here thank.

It very possable it may have something to do with XP SP2 which may very will having compatible problem
Old 08-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Sage User

dont have a VCR to test. I'll see what I can do later. I see what you mean about the divx codecs, an avi encoded as svcd works just fine.

here's my setup.

again, the channels didn't work even when I was only running SP1

Quote:
Originally posted by SHS
supernoob your AVI may not work unless you install the decoder like for XviD or DivX decoder.

supernoob can try this by hook a VCR and use the Composite output and Audio output from the VCR to the PVR 250 and change by re-setup sage to may use of the Composite input try using as VCR tuner to see what happing.
Just wild guest but it may be possable that sage didn't switch tuner over to cable mode and stick to AIR TV channel.
Are you sure you pick the rigth input after chossing "Happauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture TV Tuner" then "Use Tuner Capture Card to tune Cable TV"?.

Also please post "Driver Details" from WinTV2K. To do that, go to the Help menu and click about. Then go to the "Driver Details" tab and copy the content and x out your serial number before post it here thank.

It very possable it may have something to do with XP SP2 which may very will having compatible problem
Old 08-29-2004, 10:44 AM

Well pretty recent tuner TCL 2002N_6A that must be really new PVR 250 rigth off asslm line I all see you also have much newer audio decoder MSP4445 as well what drivers have you try?.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Sage User

The only drivers I've tried are the latest ones offered by Hauppauge. These are also the drivers that are on the CD.

WinTV-PVR-250 driver version 1.8A

Hauppauge Video Decoder version 4 release 21154
Old 08-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Sage User

Hey I tried something suggested by Frey support. Download Sage Recorder trial version. Go into setup( the wrench), choose sources..at the bottom is the tuner option...go and select auto tune and then your channels will come in clear. At least they did for me. Now the kicker...as soon as I close recorder and open it again I have to go back and go through setup and autotune...the settings aren't staying! Any thoughts? Definitely a step in the right direction though.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Similar Video Issues

I'm also having issues with losing video through Sage. Everything seems to work and I can view every channel through my provider Adelphia Cable. However, after the Sage box has been up and running for a day or so, I lose video. I can still access all Sage menus (and Windows desktop if I want), but when I try to watch live TV or any previously recorded show, I only get audio and a black screen.

The fix is that I have to reboot the Sage box every day or so. Even shows that recorded when the video was supposedly lost come out just fine after the system has been rebooted.

I'm running Sage 2.0.2 with screen rez of 1248x702 pushed through Powerstrip. I have a Radeon 9600 128mb video card (non-pro) with Cat 4.6 drivers. Also running Sonic decoders for Audio and Video. All of this is running through a DVI connection to a 50" Sony Grand Wega LCD projection.

Any thoughts?

Old 08-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Sage User

jasmithvr6--Although definitely a newbie on PVR things it sounds like you are having more of a Direct X problem where as I believe myself and the others in this thread are having a channel tuning issue. Are you gaming on that box also? At least I can get the channels through Recorder, although I have to autotune each time...
Old 08-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Sage User

Exact same results here. Recorder seems to be able to show the channels only after performing the autotune. If the recorder is closed it loses the settings and I'm back to static on the recorder preview.

Autotuning through sagetv recorder has no effect on the channels in sageTV though.

Quote:
Originally posted by RBremen
Hey I tried something suggested by Frey support. Download Sage Recorder trial version. Go into setup( the wrench), choose sources..at the bottom is the tuner option...go and select auto tune and then your channels will come in clear. At least they did for me. Now the kicker...as soon as I close recorder and open it again I have to go back and go through setup and autotune...the settings aren't staying! Any thoughts? Definitely a step in the right direction though.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Sage User

Well I sent my results to Frey support so maybe then can help and figure out why the setting aren't being kept. Really strange.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Sage Icon

Did you undo your registry changes for the frequencies from your post #7 in this thread?
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by RBremen
Well I sent my results to Frey support so maybe then can help and figure out why the setting aren't being kept. Really strange.
even so, it still doesn't seem to effect how SageTV displays the channels. So figuring out the recorder is a moot point.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

jasmithvr6--Although definitely a newbie on PVR things it sounds like you are having more of a Direct X problem where as I believe myself and the others in this thread are having a channel tuning issue. Are you gaming on that box also? At least I can get the channels through Recorder, although I have to autotune each time...

I don't game on my Sage box at all, but I'm not sure if it's a Direct X conflict. I'm running the latest version of Direct X (9.0b I believe) and I have a Direct X 9.0 compliant video card. I've had this exact same box up and running on an old 32" GE tube via an S-video connection and never experienced any problems (although can't remember what rez I was running back then). Since I've upgraded to the new TV, I've yet to be able to have a stable system. That's why I have a feeling it has something to do with either the refresh rates on the TV or possibly the DVI connection. Of course I'm fairly new at this as well, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Try this. Close SageTV and Recorder. Open up your SageRecorder.properties and Sage.properties files and look for this line, "always_autotune=true". Change it to false on both of them. Now run SageTV Recorder and auto tune the channels. Now you can close SageTV Recorder and the settings should be in effect the next time you run either application.