SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 01-22-2006, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Delay rendering of images when scrolling tables (Album view)

The default Album view is slow when scrolling

This is because the loading of the images takes enough time to make it slow (make 'AlbumArtArea' a child of an If (false) and see the difference).

I would like to disable image rendering while the table is being scrolled, and only render the images when the user stops scrolling.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

There is no hook for TableScrolled

I can hook the RenderingStarted, but this is trigged for various reasons and because there are no variables/functions to get 'TableFirstVisible', 'TableLastVisible' items, so I cannot see when a table has been scrolled, and so I cannot tell the difference between a scoll and a highlight change...

The only way I can see for the moment is to override all up/down/pageup/pagedown movement listeners and perform table scrolling myself using SetFocusForVariable/EnsureVisibityForVariable (which seems a bit of overkill!)

(attached STV indicates what I have tried so far using RenderingStarted, It gives an idea of the speed-up, but you can see the problem I have
Attached Files
File Type: stv music-album-delayed-scroll.stv (44.2 KB, 203 views)
Old 01-26-2006, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Second proof of concept attached -- this one actually works well...

As mentioned above, I have overridden all the built-in table scrolling to implement it myself in Up/Down/PageUp/PageDown listeners, which allows me to delay loading the album thumbs only when the table is actually scrolled...

it means that you can quicky skim thro the list, without thumbnails, but then get thumbs shortly after you have stopped scrolling...

Now to make this an import or something...
Attached Files
File Type: stv music-album-delayed-scroll-2.stv (49.7 KB, 222 views)