SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-22-2016, 08:01 PM
skyeclad skyeclad is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY DMA
Posts: 425
Comskip Files - Intial attempt bad, 2nd correct?

Long time comskip user with an odd but very annoying problem.

I've been using comskip for years, launched via Dirmon2. For a while now I've noticed very few skip marks and they are mostly in the beginning of a show. When I deleted the EDL file and let Dirmon2 re-run comskip, I get a much better result. That seemed odd so I thought maybe Dirmon2 was processing the file too quickly so I changed the job management to wait until the file is finished, idle and not growing. This made no difference.

Anyone know why the first attempt at analyzing a file would result in a bad EDL file but the second attempt is more than acceptable? I'm finding myself deleting all the first EDL/TXT files and letting Dirmon2 re-analyze everything.

The most puzzling thing is that nothing has changed in my set-up that I can pinpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-23-2016, 01:19 AM
Fuzzy's Avatar
Fuzzy Fuzzy is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jurupa Valley, CA
Posts: 8,501
Are you sure the automatic and manual runs of comskip are done with:
1.) The same version of comskip
2.) The same comskip.ini
__________________
unRAID Server: Phenom II X4 965, 16GB RAM, 120GB cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: a6-3500, 8GB RAM, Win7Pro64, 160GB laptop drive, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: HD-300 in Master Bedroom, HD200 in kids play room
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-2016, 07:30 AM
skyeclad skyeclad is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY DMA
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Are you sure the automatic and manual runs of comskip are done with:
1.) The same version of comskip
2.) The same comskip.ini
I believe that I'm using the same version of comskip because technically, they're all automatic. The difference between the first and second analysis is just that I deleted the EDL/TXT files which causes Dirmon2 to re-run comskip for the TS file. I'm assuming that comskip is being run by Dirmon2 always but let me see if comskip is running when I start a recording. It shouldn't be because I told Dirmon2 to wait until the file is done but maybe it is waiting while another instance of comskip is analysing the file and creating the EDL/TXT files. Would be a good experiment although I have no idea what might be kicking off the process before Dirmon2.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-23-2016, 07:35 AM
alfi33 alfi33 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
For a while now I've noticed very few skip marks and they are mostly in the beginning of a show. When I deleted the EDL file and let Dirmon2 re-run comskip, I get a much better result.
Is the comskip process crashing on the initial run before it completes?
__________________
Server/Client: SageTV 7.1.9 RC; Windows 7; Gigabyte 780G motherboard; AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000; 4GB RAM; 1x 160GB OS hard drive; 2x 1TB recording hard drives; Hauppauge HVR-1800; Hauppauge HVR-1600; SiliconDust HDHR3
Client: Dell Optiplex 780; Windows 7 x64; Core2Duo; ATI HD6450; 4GB RAM
Client: Dell Optiplex 755; Windows 7 x64; Core2Duo; ATI HD5450; 4GB RAM
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-23-2016, 08:28 AM
Fuzzy's Avatar
Fuzzy Fuzzy is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jurupa Valley, CA
Posts: 8,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I believe that I'm using the same version of comskip because technically, they're all automatic. The difference between the first and second analysis is just that I deleted the EDL/TXT files which causes Dirmon2 to re-run comskip for the TS file. I'm assuming that comskip is being run by Dirmon2 always but let me see if comskip is running when I start a recording. It shouldn't be because I told Dirmon2 to wait until the file is done but maybe it is waiting while another instance of comskip is analysing the file and creating the EDL/TXT files. Would be a good experiment although I have no idea what might be kicking off the process before Dirmon2.
Do you have the CommercialDetector plugin installed?
__________________
unRAID Server: Phenom II X4 965, 16GB RAM, 120GB cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: a6-3500, 8GB RAM, Win7Pro64, 160GB laptop drive, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: HD-300 in Master Bedroom, HD200 in kids play room
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video files not showing up correct under folder rdefino SageTV Beta Test Software 3 06-23-2010 07:00 PM
Whats the best way to generate comskip files for HD TS files? davephan SageTV Customizations 6 01-27-2010 06:58 PM
dirmon2 with comskip no edl files? Deacon Crusher SageTV Customizations 5 11-18-2008 11:35 AM
Comskip and mkv Files toricred SageMC Custom Interface 2 07-16-2008 08:32 PM
Comskip .ts files Fuzzy SageTV Customizations 20 01-13-2006 05:32 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.