SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

SageTV Web Interface Broke

Recently, my SageTV Web Interface began returning an "Unable to connect" message, it had been working fine previously. I have tried connecting from different browsers on different workstations, to no avail. I have tried to look thru the server log, and have also tried uninstalling (using tmiranda's Remove Plugin and Dependencies) and reinstalling the SageTV Web Interface plugin. Still no joy. I've attached the server log, can anyone take a look and see what the problem might be? TIA
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (24.9 KB, 29 views)
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 04-01-2018, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Recently, my SageTV Web Interface began returning an "Unable to connect" message, it had been working fine previously. I have tried connecting from different browsers on different workstations, to no avail. I have tried to look thru the server log, and have also tried uninstalling (using tmiranda's Remove Plugin and Dependencies) and reinstalling the SageTV Web Interface plugin. Still no joy. I've attached the server log, can anyone take a look and see what the problem might be? TIA
was this random, or had you recently updated Sage itself, Java, etc.? I assume you rebooted, since that fixed my web interface last time it denied me.
Sage 7 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 2 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - Seagate/Hitachi Deskstar - HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200 networked. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Sage Icon

Seemed random, I had not done anything that I am aware of. Weird thing is, around the same time my EPG updates broke. I thought it might be that my subscription to SD had expired, but that was not the case. Turned out Sage forgot my SD userid and password, once I re-entered it the EPG was back fully functional. I'm not sure why Sage would have forgotten the id and password, I certainly did not do anything I'm aware of to delete it.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

This seems odd..

/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/etc/jetty.xml (No such file or directory)

So, a couple things... does it have permissions (assuming you are using unRAID as per your sig_). Is your /opt/sagetv mount correct? Did it change, etc?
Old 04-01-2018, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Seemed random, I had not done anything that I am aware of. Weird thing is, around the same time my EPG updates broke. I thought it might be that my subscription to SD had expired, but that was not the case. Turned out Sage forgot my SD userid and password, once I re-entered it the EPG was back fully functional. I'm not sure why Sage would have forgotten the id and password, I certainly did not do anything I'm aware of to delete it.
If you wanted to change the userid and password, where is that done?
Sage 7 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 2 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - Seagate/Hitachi Deskstar - HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200 networked. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-01-2018, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

This is seeming more and more like your sagetv data is NOT volume mapped to the unRAID array... so, restarting sagetv basically wipes the data. Is your Wiz.bin being emptied as well? Or maybe there is some filesystem corruption? Have you ran a parity check lately?
Old 04-01-2018, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
This is seeming more and more like your sagetv data is NOT volume mapped to the unRAID array... so, restarting sagetv basically wipes the data. Is your Wiz.bin being emptied as well? Or maybe there is some filesystem corruption? Have you ran a parity check lately?
I think my Wiz.bin is OK, I haven't seen any issues in running SageTV itself in the past few weeks (the web interface broke a few weeks ago, I'm just getting around to trying to get it working again). Not sure about the file system corruption, I haven't noticed anything else with issues. The last parity check was March 6th, it found 15 errors. I have parity check set to run monthly, and to write any corrections to the parity disk.

Thinking back, I did add a second cache drive around the same time, so now I have a pool of two cache drives for redundancy. When I added the second cache drive, I changed each of the Shares so that they did not use the cache drive, and then ran the mover. Then I added the second cache drive, but had not gotten around yet to changing the Shares back to the earlier settings (Prefer, etc.). Except for the sagemedia share, that one I set back to Yes after adding the second cache drive.

Maybe Jetty is still expecting to find the xml file in the cache pool?
Old 04-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
IIRC, I re-entered it within SageTV, under Setup > Setup Video Sources, selected the appropriate tuner, and then clicked on the EPG Lineup portion of that screen.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
For the Jetty server? That is done within the Plugin-Configure screen.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
For the Jetty server? That is done within the Plugin-Configure screen.
thanks, found it. forgot I hadnít changed the default. oops
Old 04-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
This seems odd..

/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/etc/jetty.xml (No such file or directory)

So, a couple things... does it have permissions (assuming you are using unRAID as per your sig_). Is your /opt/sagetv mount correct? Did it change, etc?
Trying to get back to the original issue in this thread, as my Web Interface is still broken.

stuckless (or anyone else who may be able to help), I switched the logging for Jetty to "debug", in case that logging level provides additional clues. The log is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (27.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Anything of interest in the <SAGEHOME>/jetty/logs directory?
Old 04-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
Anything of interest in the <SAGEHOME>/jetty/logs directory?
Thanks for the reply, neighbor. I've attached the entire contents of the <SAGEHOME>/jetty/logs directory, which are six log files, the most recent one being from 3/3/2018. I suspect that Jetty/Web Interface broke shortly after that. Not sure if the log files will help much, though.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jetty Log Files.zip (3.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-10-2018, 06:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yeah, no help.

Do you have the following directory and files?

Code:
# ls /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server/jetty/etc/
jetty-ajp.xml      jetty-ssl.xml        keystore          mime.types
jetty-jaas.xml     realm.properties
jetty-logging.xml  jetty-sslengine.xml  login.conf        webdefault.xml
jetty-plus.xml     jetty.xml            login.properties
Old 04-11-2018, 05:56 AM
Sage Icon

Here are the directories under /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server/jetty/
  • contexts
  • logs
  • static
  • webapps
There is no etc directory to be found. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the web UI (and it's dependencies) several times, and the etc directory has yet to be recreated. Maybe I'll look into uninstalling all of the plugins (I don't use very many), and try to reinstall the web UI first to see if that makes a difference.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

Well, that's strange. I'd look to see the directory permissions:

Code:
ls -ald /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server/jetty
And maybe see if the files are getting put somewhere else for some reason:

Code:
find / -type f -name jetty.xml
Old 04-11-2018, 03:45 PM
Sage Icon

Here's the output from the ls command:
Code:
root@SageTV:~# ls -ald /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server/jetty
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 83 Feb 25 19:00 /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server/jetty/
Here's the output from the find command:
Code:
root@SageTV:~# find / -type f -name jetty.xml
find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for `/proc/fs' (saw only st_nlink=10 but we already saw 8 subdirectories): this may be a bug in your file system driver.  Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option.  Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have been searched.
I'm going to try uninstalling all plugins, and then reinstall the web UI plugin.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

Uninstalling all plugins, and then reinstalling the web UI seemed to do the trick. I have a feeling Jetty was not getting uninstalled fully before. Thanks for everyone's help!