SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

it should work on SageMC16x9, that's what I use and it worked just fine. Only weird thing was that it placed itself off the bottom of my setup menu, so you can't see it but you can still scroll to it.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

I have used it with SageMC 16x9 not problem...
Old 05-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69
about sagemc16x9, are you going to get it working in this stv, I see that you got it working with sageMC but sagemc16x9 does not work, plz plz plz someone help me I wann try this out and I don't want to use any other stv
It works fine for me in SageMC 16x9
Old 06-16-2005, 02:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney
I don't suppose you've thought of doing a slow motion play forwards & backwards equivalent?
There is a play slower command in Sage (which is not mapped to a key by default, and I personally don't use), and Pause does something like frame advance, so a remote with an auto-repeating Pause key will give slow motion...

Slow motion reverse is very difficult to do in MPEG2 due to the way groups of frames are encoded, and a plugin to do slow motion forward in a similar way to this FF/REW plugin will be near-impossible given the API available. You will see that in this plugin 1x and 2x FF are not exactly smooth, so image 0.25x and 0.5x!
Old 06-16-2005, 03:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks very much - I'll have a hunt around in Girder for the play slower command. Useful to know about pause, too! It's being a sports fan, need to be able to check those close calls...
Old 11-21-2005, 04:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.3 for SageTV3 / SageTV 4

Uploaded v1.3 for SageTV3/SageTV4 (actually the same version that I uploaded on 20/aug!)
Old 12-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure how easy it is to change decoders on the fly, but that would be really nice.

I'd like it if this mod always used sage's decoder, and then it drops back to your default when you stop ff or rw.

Possible?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

For some reason when I install this plugin with SageMC 16x9, the options menu shows up as only text in one line at the top of the screen. It's unreadable and I can't set any options. Has anyone else had this problem come up?

I'll try to send a screen shot when I get a chance.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-29-2005, 11:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprops77
For some reason when I install this plugin with SageMC 16x9, the options menu shows up as only text in one line at the top of the screen. It's unreadable and I can't set any options. Has anyone else had this problem come up?

Thanks,
Chris
SageMC is really not built for STVI's so most will not work with it. Any that will work are already built into SageMC. Read the thread or wiki for more info.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

I hate to bring up a rather old thread, but is there any way to make this feature work with other decoders apart from Sage's? e.g. nVidia's PureVideo or Intervideo's decoder. I'm sure most of us know that it's basically unusable with those decoders, even with very large intervals.

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Sage User

Anyone interested??

As a long-time TiVo user, I am going to try to retrofit these 'enhancements' into this great plugin:
1. Associate continuous FF/REW with the FF2 and REW2 keys instead of FF/REW.
2. If the continuous-FF(FF2) is running and FF is pressed, jump to the end.
3. If the continuous-RW(REW2) is running and the REW is pressed, jump to the beginning.
4. Work out a slomo-- maybe vary the MultiSpeedSkipPauseTime.... haven't played with this on yet...
5. Associate sounds to the skips --- has anyone figured this out? Right now I have Girder playing the sounds based on the button presses, but it has no logic behind it.

Any thoughts?

-tw
Old 01-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Sage Icon

Twieder, maybe while you are in there you can keep your eyes peeled for anything that may improve this plugins operations with the Nvidia Purevideo decoder.

As it stands, the concept of this enhancement is great, but the functionality is seriously lacking.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
Continuous FF/REW and Beta 4.1.7

Last night I ugraded to Beta 4.1.7 and imported this Continous FF/REW STVI into my SAGETV3.XML. The log shows that everything went fine however the configuration options under the detailed setup no longer appear. I'm having the same issue with the Callerid pop by Nielm as well. The functionality of each STVI is there but no configuration options show up in the detailed setup.

I should mention that this STVI and the CallerID Popup both function normally and have their respective configuration options show up in the detailed setup under Beta 4.1.6.

Help !!!

Gerry
Old 02-21-2006, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Iceman: just done a quick debug: workaround here
Old 02-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

I am having a weird issue by which when I used Fast Forward, the position of the movie is lost.

Sometimes the movie progress is not in sync with the progress bar display. For example, the movie is showing half way into it, but the progress bar shows at the start.

The Fast forward and rewind will at times cause the movie to start playing from the start again. Could this be related to this plug in?

Also, I uninstalled SageTV server and removed the sagetv directory and re-installed SagetTV (no plugins). When I used Fast Forward, it shows fast forward smooth - so I am confused why re-installing SageTV did not reset things back to normal (no smooth fast forward)?
Old 04-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprops77

Thanks,
Chris
Has anyone fixed this issue? I just installed the module running 16x9 and am having the same issue stated above. Others have said that their SageMC is working so I am curious why we are getting the above result. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2006, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

SageMC is NOT designed for regular plugins to be used with it. That being said and as you can see the problem with the configuration screen you'll have to go into your sageclient.properties file and look for those settings and set them there.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

Rew / FF plug In

Overall this plugin works great. It's going to allow me to switch from Tivo to Sage otherwise wife and kids won't allow it.

But, two strange things and I'm not sure if it's my system or what the problem is:

1. the FF goes 4x, 16x, 64x, 128x and that's it but then when I'm at say 128x and I press Rew it then takes it down from FF 128x to FF32x then 8x then 2x before it starts rewinding. I don't know, it just doesn't seem intuitive at all to me. I'm not understanding the pattern. It's as if it multiplies everything by 4 on the way up and then divides by 4 when I press Rew from 128x. I would rather see it multiply by 2 and then if I press Rew then immediately rewind (or divide by 2 instead of 4). It's like the pattern is 4x, 16x, 64x, 128x, 32x, 8x, 2x.

2. It doesn't seem to start out at the speed I specify but twice that speed.

3. If I disable it, the defaults I set for skipping no longer work but it always defaults to 20 seconds now.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by mike1961; 04-19-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Sage Expert

1. While not maybe intuitive, this is how I have seen other multi-speed ff/rw functions work on systems I have had.

No idea on the other two.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Sage Icon

It's just not making any sense to me. When I tried it on my other system and pressed FF several times then Rew, and going back and forth eventually it flipped it to multiplying by 2 instead of 4 which does make sense. Why is it originally multiplying or dividing the speed by 4 instead of 2 when I press the FF or REW buttons?

Someone please help me on this.

Thanks,
Mike