SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
I did import it into Cayars and it works just great.. love it Thank you so much for this...
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Nielm,

I don't know the complete circumstances but my wife pressed stop on the remote and the pop-up displayed (albeit very delayed). I noted that the CPU shot up to 100%. I had to reboot to recover. I run Cayars 18E and Sage 2.2.8. This is the first and so far only time that this happened. Sorry I don't have more information.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
As for the pressing 'Play' problem - Where does this occur: when you press stop in the full-screen video screen, or in any other screen (or both)?

How are you pressing Play (remote/keyboard/mouse click)

If you press CTRL-G then CTRL-D (keyboard stop/play), do you also get the menu being left behind?

Does it also occur for STOP-REW?
I press Stop then press Play on the remote. The movie will play but the pop-up stays in the middle of the screen. If I Press Stop and then scroll up to the Restart Playback option in the pop-up and press OK on the remote, the pop-up goes away AND the movie plays.

The pop-up only seems to stick around in the above scenario. Everything else seems to work fine.

As far as keyboard, I haven't tested since I usually use the remote for all functions.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagar
I think that mlbdude did an update to 18E to allow imports.
Just to give credit where it is due. Nielm did what you are talking about and the link is here:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...77&postcount=7
Old 06-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi, would this by any chance work with the Nielm STV for Sage pre 2.1 vintage? Thanks

I guess I can answer this, No since there is no way to import the module.

Last edited by sabre; 06-01-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2
I press Stop then press Play on the remote. The movie will play but the pop-up stays in the middle of the screen. If I Press Stop and then scroll up to the Restart Playback option in the pop-up and press OK on the remote, the pop-up goes away AND the movie plays.

The pop-up only seems to stick around in the above scenario. Everything else seems to work fine.

As far as keyboard, I haven't tested since I usually use the remote for all functions.
I don't know if you missed it, but in post 17, nielm released v1.3 which fixed the pop-up issue.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Sage Icon

Would it be terribly difficult to have the back command issued in place of the stop function? It has always seemed weird to be that hitting stop would take you anywhere other than the screen you started the playback from...

Thanks for yet another great import.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Sage Icon

Nielm... I know I'm pressuring you now... But I have seen a lot of people ask for this functionality out of Sage. If it was made and option in the config file for having the stop command always issue a "back to previous menu" that would rock.

I find it really painful to navigate through the menus everytime I want to get to the next show in line. If I am correct then a lot of pvr people watch their shows in groups, so it would seem logical that hitting stop would put you back on the menu where you intiated the video playback, easing the option to watch the next video in line.

It would be very kind of you... Thanks for the consideration!
Old 09-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Administrator

One option is to use the Back command while the video is playing & then use Stop... you'll end up right where you started. Actually, you don't even need to use Stop -- just start playing the next recording.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Sage Icon

the reflex action is to press stop when you decide to finish watching something. I don't think that we should be having to learn all kind of unintuative wayf of navigating a PVR interface just to use Sage. Don't get me wrong, Sage has come a long way.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Administrator

You were asking nielm for a change & I know he is a tad bit busy at the moment, so I was offerning an alternative solution that required no work on his part.

Besides, reflex actions are user-specific. My reflex action is to use Back & play something else or to go Home & use the Sleep button. My remote is still configured from the days when there was no Stop command available in SageTV.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Sage User

I have just discovered this STVI.

I am using v3.0.13, but this doesn't seem to work. I press stop in playback and the time line goes red and loops back to when i first pressed stop when I press stop again (does this make sense !)

Am I doing anything wrong or does this need upgrading?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamleggat@ya
I am using v3.0.13, but this doesn't seem to work. I press stop in playback and the time line goes red and loops back to when i first pressed stop when I press stop again (does this make sense !)
I don't know anything about this import, but it sounds like your stop button is mapped to the Time Scroll command instead of Stop. (SageTV used to come that way before there was a Stop command; perhaps you downloaded an ini file for your remote that is still set that way.)

Go to Detailed Setup -> Commands and link the button to Stop.

- Andy
Old 10-21-2005, 06:05 AM
Sage User

Thanks Opus4

I changed the sndmsg in the irremote.ini to "89" (stop command) as it was set to time scroll as you suggested.

Cheers
Old 10-21-2005, 06:08 AM
SageTVaholic

There is also a V3 version of this import, in the V3 Imports thread, but it needs updating to have the same intelligent 'go back to previous screen when stopping/deleting' that V3 STV has...
Old 11-16-2005, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Updated for SageTV4

Uploaded v1.5 for SageTV4

* Use SageTV 4's delete prompt
* tries to intelligently go back to a suitable screen when stopping/deleting from the full-screen TV page (ie Recordings/Video Library/Music, the same as when files are finished playback in the standard STV)
* shows episode name or album/atist name in popup
* 'left' cancels popup and leaves video paused.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:16 AM
Sage Icon

Weird ... I installed this Plug-in on my long list of Neilm Plug-ins and it worked perfect ... Tested it several times with Live TV and Recorded TV ...

Then ... I noticed it quit working ... Coplied over the import files and reimpot it via the "Import SageTV Application Package (.STVi)"Detailed Setup Menu option again ...

Tried it again and ... no ... it still doesn't work ??

Not sure why it worked and then did't, but wondering how I can get it up and running again ....

Anyt ideas?

Thanks, T
Old 11-25-2005, 04:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
Not sure why it worked and then did't, but wondering how I can get it up and running again ....
The latest version only works on SageTV3-based STVs. Try importing it into a clean copy of the SageTV3 stv. Check that the STV copy you are importing into is not read-only.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
The latest version only works on SageTV3-based STVs. Try importing it into a clean copy of the SageTV3 stv. Check that the STV copy you are importing into is not read-only.

This is not on 2.2.8 ... I rebuilt my system from scratch with Sage 4 ... When I started, I did the following;
  1. Copied the original "SageTV3.stv" file
  2. Renamed the copy to "My SageTV3.stv"
  3. Unchecked the Read-only bit in the file properties of "My SageTV3.stv"
  4. Selected "My SageTV3.stv" in the Detailed Setup > Advanced > SageTV Application Package (.STV File).
  5. From there I started with all of my imports, one by one adding them, testing them and creating Menu items where applicable.
I have added a boat load of imports, mostly yours. "Multi-Function Stop" being only just one of them.

As I mentioned, it did work when I installed it ... And the .STVi file is still there. I tried copying the import files over again and reselecting ... but it didn't help.

I just checked the Read-only bit on "My SageTV3.stv" again and it was still unchecked.

I have not tried going back to the original "SageTV3.stv" yet ... guess I will do that and let you know ....

Thanks again, T.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

When using this for sagetv programs there is a delete option. Any chance of a delete option for imported videos? Thanks