SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Skipping commercials through End Padding?

Does anyone else have this experience? I usually pad football games by 60 minutes. Comskip works great during the scheduled show time, but does not work at all during the padding hour at the end.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--John
Old 09-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

So how does ComSkip know where to find the files to process? Does it communicate with Sage when you drop it into the SageTV directory?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcox
I notice sometimes it detects a long commercial break as 2 commercial blocks with about 10 seconds of non-commercial inbetween. I would think this would be easy to correct, if you're looking for suggestions.
Yes, I've seen this a couple times, but haven't gotten around to seeing if a fix would improved the overall detection percentage or would lead to an increase in false positives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkoenig
Does anyone else have this experience? I usually pad football games by 60 minutes. Comskip works great during the scheduled show time, but does not work at all during the padding hour at the end.
Padding shouldn't directly effect comskip since it works directly on the video files and doesn't use any of the recording time information. SageTV's choice of only showing the scheduled recording duration on the media player's time bar definitely makes using the skip function more hit or miss, since the timebar gives no visual feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by judoGTI
So how does ComSkip know where to find the files to process? Does it communicate with Sage when you drop it into the SageTV directory?
You either need to use a custom .stv file that does background commercial processing or setup and use the DirMon program. I think there are several .stv's with background commercial processing for SageTV V2 or mine for V3. Then to watch the shows with commercial skipping you'll need a stv file that has comksip support.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Padding shouldn't directly effect comskip since it works directly on the video files and doesn't use any of the recording time information. SageTV's choice of only showing the scheduled recording duration on the media player's time bar definitely makes using the skip function more hit or miss, since the timebar gives no visual feedback.
I don't understand it either, but comskip works great until the scheduled time for the football game expires, then not at all for the entire (padded) hour that follows.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:17 AM
Sage Icon

Can someone please post instructions on how to setup this comskip with DirMon? I'm planning to use this comskip along with DirMon and Nielm's Comskip playback import. This is possible right?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac
Can someone please post instructions on how to setup this comskip with DirMon? I'm planning to use this comskip along with DirMon and Nielm's Comskip playback import. This is possible right?
Take a look at this post. All you need to do is change the processor box to point at the comskip.exe you want to use.

Jere
Old 09-25-2005, 07:33 AM
Sage Icon

thanks Jere,

It working well. I have this comskip working with DirMon and nielm's comskip import for SageTV 3.x. But I noticed that comskip processes the oldest dated file first, is there a way to reverse this, meaning process the newest file first or more recent ones?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

BBC2 has long movies without a logo with commercial blocks before and after the movie without adequate black frames.
That makes it very difficult for comskip to do a good job but then again, why bother about skipping commercials in a 2 hour movie without commercials.

I tested my comskip variant on BBC2 material, some work, some don't
Aspect Ratio improvement helps, the added sound processing certainly helps.

You may give it a try.