SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
Backups are the most important thing because the installer will MUNG up the original directory. Just make at least one copy of the whole dir that you don't touch or point to no matter what.

peace . . .

Ok, all went well with the new, clean install of 3.0.7. Everything is installed under the Sage directory, the Frey directory is gone. Wiz.bin brought all the recordings back. Next, install Malore's STV, get ShowAnalyzer functioning. Oh yea, make a backup !!

Didn't have to use any of the old prpperty files. I wanted to get away from them, lot's of old, unneeded custom STV junk in there.

The only problem during the install, had some difficulty with the source setup, sometimes Sage would hang. A little work with task manager and all is well.

Time to go watch some pre-season football. Never realized before how much of a 3 hour football game is not football !

Ken C
Old 08-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Good idea re: the property files. I cut out a lot of old stuff but I wish I would have known I could start with clean ones. There are some amazingly big chunks of data for a text file and I didn't know what they were so I was afraid to start anew.

Being a big college fan I love the pre-season and watching the kids get their start in the league (or not, heh).

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
Ok, all went well with the new, clean install of 3.0.7. Everything is installed under the Sage directory, the Frey directory is gone. Wiz.bin brought all the recordings back. Next, install Malore's STV, get ShowAnalyzer functioning. Oh yea, make a backup !!

Didn't have to use any of the old prpperty files. I wanted to get away from them, lot's of old, unneeded custom STV junk in there.

The only problem during the install, had some difficulty with the source setup, sometimes Sage would hang. A little work with task manager and all is well.

Time to go watch some pre-season football. Never realized before how much of a 3 hour football game is not football !

Ken C
Old 08-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

ATI All In Wonder 9700

I am trying to use an AIW 9700, when I initially set up the source for TV tuner, and it is trying to show preview, I get the following error:

There was a Capture Error in playback. Details:

ERROR (-2,0x80004005): There was a problem using Sage TV component. Please re-install the Sage TV application.

Then no video ever appears. I have tried re-installing a number of times with the same result.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

How do you indicate which decoder is the System Default?
Old 08-13-2005, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 08-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Same thing happened to me in version 3.0.5 for importing >2000 pictures as thumbnails. It would load and load for several minutes then get stuck indefinately. I'm a little scared to try it again.
FWIW, 3.0.5 loaded the thumbnails for my 3900 pics that are in a large number of sub directories. It took a little while (around 15 minutes) but was fine.

I was using my client and the pics are on my sage/file server.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagar
FWIW, 3.0.5 loaded the thumbnails for my 3900 pics that are in a large number of sub directories. It took a little while (around 15 minutes) but was fine.

I was using my client and the pics are on my sage/file server.
I think the problem is when I have too many pictures in one sub directory. I have over 2000.

Is it also very slow for you to scroll through pages and pages of thumbnails?

I am also worried that having that many pictures/thumbnails on the same PC that it may impact the overall performance of SageTV (non-client version). I remember after adding that many thumbnails and scrolling through them, SageTV started to get pretty slugish even after I stopped viewing pictures.

I am still curious why nobody seems to think it's an issue when a picture is too small for the screen. The picture viewer reduces the size of a very large image to fit the screen, but if its a small picture, it will stay tiny... not too useful when you're 8 feet away from the TV.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Plextor 402U still problematic

Installed the 3.0.7 beta. Handling of dual Plextor 402U seems to have improved. Newer plextor drivers run stable and sage records well from both plextors in DivX. Watching a DivX file either within sage or in a divx player during this recording seems to make the system unstable. Caused repeated crashes if divx was watched while recording.

MPEG4 timeshifting was set to true, VMR9 + sage default decoders
A64 3000+, nforce3, winXP pro SP2, hauppage250+TV402U+TV402U.
6600GT
Old 08-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamanmi
I am trying to use an AIW 9700, when I initially set up the source for TV tuner, and it is trying to show preview, I get the following error:

There was a Capture Error in playback. Details:

ERROR (-2,0x80004005): There was a problem using Sage TV component. Please re-install the Sage TV application.

Then no video ever appears. I have tried re-installing a number of times with the same result.
I plan on using this card also when I move to 3.0, so am interested in your problem.

I found this in the v.3 manual (See attachment below) ...

Are you trying to use it as a software tuner? I don't think Sage supports that. (See link below) ...

http://www.sage.tv/requirements.html?sageSub=tv

Anyway, I am interested in how this is solved ... Good Luck

T.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Video Issues.pdf (35.2 KB, 151 views)
Old 08-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Administrator

One of the new things in v3 is support for some software encoders (The manual mentions that they have to be "WDM capture devices", in chapter 8.) But, I believe there are still issues with the ATI AIW series.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

AIW 9700

Thanks for the response.....It is only on my dev machine, so no big deal. As from that statement it is hard to tell if any "WDM" devices ARE supported.

So should I submit a bug report on this one?
Old 08-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Sage User

Question Sage Beta 3.07 will not start

I have just completed a clean install of Beta 3.07, and am having issues with SageTV not starting.

When starting Sage, the program will begin to load (splash screen is visiable) then simply stops loading with no errors, or indications of what the problem might be.

In the Sage directory the attached log files indicate a possible java error. I have removed and re-installed the most recent version of Java for windows xp. [Edit: please don't upload debug logs to the forum; instead, submit a bug report. Thank you. - Opus4]

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows XP with Service Pack 2
512 mb Ram
AMD Athlon XP 2400 processor
Hauppauge PVR 150
ATI Radeon X700 Pro AGP video card

Thanks
Gary
Old 08-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Sage Expert

Looks like it's still a problem with the ATI Tv Wonder USB 2.0 as well... I do now get the option for "Digital Tuner", but when I attempt to watch something or change channel I get an error saying that no source was able to tune to a channel (or somesuch). Just can't see how this could be that big of a problem...............
Old 08-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanati
I do now get the option for "Digital Tuner"
Yes, that's a known bug. As you know, the ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 does not capture HDTV. It's strictly NTSC.

http://www.ati.com/products/tvwonderusb20/specs.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanati
when I attempt to watch something or change channel I get an error saying that no source was able to tune to a channel (or somesuch).
Right. SageTV is confused because it thinks you have an HDTV encoder, which you don't.

Michael Seery
SageTV Quality Assurance
Old 08-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Stanger89...

Is there a similar utility for determining/setting the default audio decoder?

Thanks in advance...
Old 08-14-2005, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Not that I'm aware of*, and really, relying on "default" decoders, is not the best idea, you really should just pick the one you want and specify it within Sage.

*There are some roundabout ways, like using graphedit to see what gets used by default, and radlight filter manager to change merits.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does anyone have dual plextor TV402Us working well with sage 3.0.7, with new plextor drivers (from their website)?

Sage keeps crashing frequently during DivX recording- any suggestions?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

I tried installing sage 3.0.7 yesterday.
I did a clean install and it installed.

when I got to the setup part I was able to choose my pvr250 and 150, and it showed picture and sound.

However, it did not get past the xmltv process of getting the data from the xml file.
I had to stop it and try many times, to no avail.

After that I gave up on xmltv for some time and wanted to watch tv.
The screen was blank, nothing shown, no sound.
I tried reimporting the cards but nothing worked.
Tried rebooting the machine (amd 3000,512 Mb), did not help.

I was almost going to bring back the sagetv 2.2.9, and then I installed Nielms dynamic menues and after about 30 seconds, the pictuer started showing, and sound came back (first time since start of installation).

Now on occasion, it stops giving me picture and sound when I go to view tv, but then I try viewing a prerecorded show, stop and watch tv and it works again.

Now on the Client side it does the same, would not let me view livetv, then i go to a recording, view, stop and livetv again and it works.

does this sound familiar to any1.
On the client side it does not happen all the time, but it is annoying.
Thanks to those who help get sagetv better.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
One of the new things in v3 is support for some software encoders (The manual mentions that they have to be "WDM capture devices", in chapter 8.) But, I believe there are still issues with the ATI AIW series.

- Andy
But you are still talking about from a "capture card" perspective ... right?

I am currently using it only as a video out card in 2.0 and it works just fine. Shouldn't it work just as well in 3.0?

Thanks, T.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
But you are still talking about from a "capture card" perspective ... right?

I am currently using it only as a video out card in 2.0 and it works just fine. Shouldn't it work just as well in 3.0?

Thanks, T.
Yes the TV-Out works normal on ati aiw cards.

Last edited by marneb17; 08-15-2005 at 03:49 AM.