SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

3.0.7 Now Starts

Thanks for the help. That did it. My other problem of sluggish behavior of HD recordings also went away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
No idea on the HD stuff, but:The way we fixed this problem was to look at the sagetv_0.txt log file. In henk99's log, there was a line that started with systemCapDevices= and then listed some capture devices. For any other capture devices that don't look like you actually use them, add those names to the ignore line, separating each device name with a comma, such as:

mmc/ignore_encoders=<existing list of devices>,new device 1,new device 2

If there were no devices listed previously, it might end up looking something like:

mmc/ignore_encoders=ATI Rage Theater Video Capture,NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio

There is no guarantee that this will solve your problem, but you never know.

- Andy
Old 08-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had Sage 3.0.5 installed and it was working OK. Today I decided to install 3.0.7 to test it out. I uninstalled 3.0.5 and installed 3.0.7 are put my wiz.bin and sage.preferences files back. I no longer have audio when watching live or recorded HDTV programs. I am recording HDTV over firewire via the UNE. I am going to try and uninstall 3.0.7 and return to 3.0.5 to see if that restores audio to these programs. Programs recorded in SD work fine. When I play a standard def program, FFShow audio launches like it is supposed to, but it is no longer taking control of the audio stream when playing back HD. It used to before I went up to 3.0.7
-------------------
In order to pinpoint the problem, I uninstalled ffdshow and 3.0.7.
Then I reinstalled 3.0.5. Audio was working fine in both HD and SD. Thinking it might have been a problem with ffdshow, I installed 3.0.7 again, and again lost audio.

HDTV playback is so much better in v3 over v 2.28, but with version 3.0.7 it has taken a step backwards. I guess I should try just dumping the TS stream and see if that works amy better.

Last edited by eobiont; 08-21-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Sage User

Just installed 3.0.7... so far not good. I have a usb2 and pvr500, the usb2 controls the cable box, the 500 just uses the internal tuner.

the 500 has no sound while viewing channels. The usb2 comming from the cable box is fine. I am using the fiber-out going to a reciever. This of course, used to work just fine

I am also getting a bit frustrated over the PQ with the pvr500, I have tried new video drivers, pvr drivers.. overlay, vmr9. Even tried a video card upgrade to a 6600agp. The picture is fuzzy at times, then it will snap back into focus, only to become fuzzy again. When it's not doing that, the picture gets wavy on the top from one side of the screen to the other (does not tear though).

anyone using this card? how is it working for you? I just can't seem to get mine to work right.

current specs

amd x2 3800+ 1 gig of memory
6600 agp 256meg of ram. 250gig HD
usb2 and pvr-500 tv-tuner cards

java ver. 1.5 running sage 3.0.7 (broke)
Old 08-22-2005, 02:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendryk
I am also getting a bit frustrated over the PQ with the pvr500, I have tried new video drivers, pvr drivers.. overlay, vmr9. Even tried a video card upgrade to a 6600agp. The picture is fuzzy at times, then it will snap back into focus, only to become fuzzy again. When it's not doing that, the picture gets wavy on the top from one side of the screen to the other (does not tear though).
Was this new with 3.0.7? Please post more info here:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=12476

I'm seeing the same thing (I think) but I never had a 500 without 3.0.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendryk
Just installed 3.0.7... so far not good. I have a usb2 and pvr500, the usb2 controls the cable box, the 500 just uses the internal tuner.

the 500 has no sound while viewing channels. The usb2 comming from the cable box is fine. I am using the fiber-out going to a reciever. This of course, used to work just fine

anyone using this card? how is it working for you? I just can't seem to get mine to work right.
I installed 3.0.7 last weekend. I stayed away from the few first betas so jumped straight from 2.2.8 to 3.0.7. I'm using a pvr500 as the only tuner in a shuttle sb51g (intel 845 chipset - my first lesson was that the pvr500 just didn't work in a via chipset system) and winxp sp2.

I haven't done much since installing the beta, just let it run and used it. I can't report any problems at all. My ATI remote wonder software messed up irrepairably, so I gave up on it and installed girder, but I can't blame that on Sage!
Old 08-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
I've noticed strange behavior while changing channels... I've upgraded from 2.x to 3.0.7. everything was good so far until I noticed a strange behavior. When trying to tune up to channel 702 sage is sending to my cable box 70221, then trying to set my channel to 704 sage sends 70441.

??? is this a bug? or something that I've done wrong? I even did try to remap that channel just in case it was set to that 70221 channel but no, it did not help. Other channel like 556 works fine... also when I go to card setup and I go to those channels it works without any problems.

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Sage User

I'm having the same problem here. I've only noticed it with one channel, 524, which it seems to want to tune as 52412. I thought I had interference with my remote, since I've seen that before, but this was 100% of the time that it added the 12 to the number.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Sage User

I noticed after installing SageTV 3.0.7 beta that I no longer get Dolby Digital 5.1 passed thru SPDIF when watching DVDs. Further investigation revealed that the ac3filter installed by SageTV seems to have a problem with SPDIF. If I check SPDIF in the configuration (using WMP), it causes WMP and SageTV to lockup. I uninstalled the SageTV supplied version and installed the latest sourceforge version 0.70, configured for SPDIF and all is well again. It's strange that the SageTV version is 1.01 and written by the same developer but the current released version is 0.70? Anyone else notice this problem with the ac3filter SageTV is supplying?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hang Time?

My 3.0.7 client has been having issues where it hangs up for several seconds with the "spinning sage" icon. This happens in several places, going to the Live TV guide, going to the SageTV Recordings listing, viewing the upcoming recording schedule, viewing info on a recording... It doesn't happen consistently, but happens a lot. Looking at the sagetvclient log, it seems like these temporary hangs are corresponding with several of these types of entries in the log:

Tue 8/23 22:03:18.923 AWTThread Hang Detected - hang time = 17252

Anyone know what this means, or what I could try to do to fix it? I'm running 3.0.7 client with Java 1.5.0_04.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am having the same:

AWTThread Hang Detected - hang time = 17252

hanging problem and spinning sage.
what can be done about it?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
I am having the same:

AWTThread Hang Detected - hang time = 17252

hanging problem and spinning sage.
what can be done about it?
I'm experiencing the same "spinning sage" from time to time.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-23-2005, 11:52 PM
Administrator

The spinning SageTV icon was added to indicate that the program is doing something while you wait for it to complete doing that "something". There were pauses in v2, but there was no spinning icon during those pauses. For example, when you start SageTV, it takes a bit of time for it to build the recordings list menu the first time you go to it. It should load more quickly the next time.

If the delay is for some inordinate amount of time, that could indicate a real problem & you should probably file a bug report. What is an "inordinate amount of time", you ask? I don't know... maybe the icon starts spinning and you have time to go read the New York Times before it quits spinning? A "too long to wait" time would have to be up to the user to judge.

BTW: The display of the spinning icon is controlled by the ui/display_wait_indicator property, if I remember correctly. Just set it to true or false.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just noticed the other day, when I plugged in a flash drive, that Sage recognized it and brought up a popup menu asking what I would like to do with it. Did Sage always do that before 3.0? Cause that's pretty awesome.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
I just noticed the other day, when I plugged in a flash drive, that Sage recognized it and brought up a popup menu asking what I would like to do with it. Did Sage always do that before 3.0?
Nope, that's brand new.

BTW: there is a little info about it on p. 102 in the latest v3 manual & chapter 8 lists many of the new/changed features.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Sage Expert

Just started using 3.0.7 and have a few observations and questions:

1. For 2.2.8, when passing the mouse cursor over Sage icon in the system tray while Sage is in sleep mode but recording a show, the show name is displayed while only showing "SageTV" if not recording. 3.0.7 does not display a show that is currently being recorded.

2. Does 3.0.7 still need the "web server" plugin for internet access?

3. Something seems to be broke with nVidia audio decoder. It does not seem to use it wether choosing by name or by "default". In the past, when choosing default for audio and video decoder, the nVidia tray icon becomes visible and the "audio" tabs are also accessable in the nVidia applet. Now, I never see the audio tabs in the applet popup which is an indication the nVidia audio codec is not in use even though the nVidia video codec is in use. This also seems to be a contributor to the "no sound" complaint when viewing HD DD5.1 stuff.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 08-24-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
=2. Does 3.0.7 still need the "web server" plugin for internet access?
Yes.

Quote:
3. Something seems to be broke with nVidia audio decoder. It does not seem to use it wether choosing by name or by "default". In the past, when choosing default for audio and video decoder, the nVidia tray icon becomes visible and the "audio" tabs are also accessable in the nVidia applet.
It's not broken, the video portion was never accessible when you set nVidia as the decoder in Sage, but it does work.

Quote:
Now, I never see the audio tabs in the applet popup which is an indication the nVidia audio codec is not in use even though the nVidia video codec is in use. This also seems to be a contributor to the "no sound" complaint when viewing HD DD5.1 stuff.
Are you using DD passthrough (S/PDIF) or analog connections. nVidia's decoders will not decode AC3 in anything but WMP, MCE, or nStant Media (or TT if you're using that).
Old 08-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
1. For 2.2.8, when passing the mouse cursor over Sage icon in the system tray while Sage is in sleep mode but recording a show, the show name is displayed while only showing "SageTV" if not recording. 3.0.7 does not display a show that is currently being recorded.
Are you using the service? If so, that popup has never been shown when the service is in use.

I just tried it in non-service mode & the systray icon pops up the info about the currently recording show.

- Andy
Old 08-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Sage Expert

Stanger:

Thanks.

I am using analog out but also have nForce soundstorm. Note that I am comparing previous working arrangement of nVidia decoders with 2.2.8 vs. 3.0.7. HDTV DD5.1 with nVidia audio decoder was decoded w/ no problems in 2.2.8. Audio tabs were also present in nVidia tray applet popup with 2.2.8 as well as I recall but might be mistaken. What I have observed in the past, if nVidia audio codec is not active, these tabs will NOT be shown in applet. Hence, the conclusion that 3.0.7 is not using the nVidia audio codec. (In order to access nVidia tray icon with Sage, "default" video and audio decoders need be selected in setup.)

Edit: The nVidia audio codec tabs are not displayed even when decoding SD stereo streams.

At any rate,something is different with regard to nVidia audio codec and 2.2.8 vs 3.0.7. With reading other posts it seems to have occurred with the transition from 3.0.5 --> 3.0.7. I read a post or two where some had reverted back 3.0.5 to regain DD5.1.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 08-24-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Sage Expert

Andy:

No, not using the service either with 2.2.8 and 3.0.7. However, I am using the V3 comskip import so all bets are off in that case and should perhaps make comment in that thread to see if it is peculiar to the import.

Edit: Seems to be a one time glitch that happened to that particular favorite; the favorite did not record! I did a couple of forced records and all seems to be as before as far as show display icon action.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 08-24-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
I just noticed the other day, when I plugged in a flash drive, that Sage recognized it and brought up a popup menu asking what I would like to do with it. Did Sage always do that before 3.0? Cause that's pretty awesome.
I dont think it did it before, I did notice it only with 3.x. I am using removable hard drives and now when I plug it in with Sage 3.0.7 it asks me what I want to do with it. Until few weeks ago I was running 2.x and it never asked about adding new drive in.

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.