SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Andy,

Now there is a problem sorting by Original Air for both forward and reverse sorting.

Sample below of Group by title sort by Orig. Air date notice the sort order below. I thought I was missing some shows but it is just not sorting right.

November 11, 2009
October 4, 1999
February 25, 2000
Attached Images
File Type: jpg origair.jpg (200.9 KB, 495 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-18-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Administrator

I'll look into it when I get a chance. In the meantime, you could revert to the previous STV. Sorting by ShowID might be an alternative.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Let me know whether this test STV fixes the sort issue... and whether it adds any new issues.

<link removed>

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Let me know whether this test STV fixes the sort issue... and whether it adds any new issues.
Sorting looks good... lower case original air etc... all work.

thanks
Old 11-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Notice for anyone using the hidden malore menus in STV v6.6.2.22 "2009111701" or afterwards: the changes made to allow ignoring upper/lower case text during sorting seems to have tripped some other issue. One result is that SageTV will use a lot more memory. I'm working on finding a fix for this, so don't submit any bug reports about memory issues if using the hidden menus.

- Andy
Old 11-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Administrator

Notice to anyone using the malore custom menus: please download & test the STV below. It should resolve excess memory usage issues and may increase the speed of loading those menus.

If you run across a problem, please let me know which style malore menu you are using and the grouping, sorting, and filtering options in use for that menu. Note: some menus, such as Viewing History, can simply take a while to load all the data. Usually, real issues when loading the malore menus involve the spinning circle appearing for a few seconds before the menu loads. If there is no spinning circle, but the menu simply says "loading" for a while, that may be due to a very large number of airings being processed.

<test STV download removed; instead, see the STV update: STV v6.6.2.23 (2009112501)>

- Andy
Old 02-13-2010, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Andy,
This was requested by various users is it possible to do this. I find that I have to scroll through all my episodes to find any ones coded in green that have recent recordings.
In other words have the Shows grouped by title and the option to have the titles with the most recent recordings on top.

Originally Posted by razrsharpe
OK but how about this situation... i want to group all the episodes by title (so the left pane is shows), then i want to sort those groups (the groups themselves, not the episodes in the group) by recording date reversed. Then the episodes within each group i want sorted by original air date. This is what i think the OP was asking for and i never found a way to do it with malores menus... It would need multiple Grouping by title options: "Group by Title: Recording Date", "Group by Title: A-Z", "Group by Title: Original Air Date"

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-13-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Administrator

This has come up before & while I won't say it will never happen, I have no current plans to change the grouping/sorting options.

- Andy
Old 02-13-2010, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Andy, it seems all that is really require to get what some want, is to add a Sort By option to the grouping pane. I haven't had a chance to dig into studio to see the feasibility, but it seems like it would take adding quite a few steps. After the grouping list is generated, go through and make another list including the sorted property to use for the sorting (Earliest Recording date, Latest Recording Date, whatever). Then it would have to be sorted by that list.

Perhaps it's something I can look at if/when i get a chance, and if I do get an import working, would it be able to be rolled in at some point? or are upgrades at this point mostly hands off by you guys?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Administrator

It isn't a matter of whether I know how to do it -- essentially sort before grouping the items instead of sorting the group keys.

If you feel like creating & maintaining an import to handle sorting the left side differently, go ahead. I don't foresee adding it myself for quite some time, if ever.

- Andy
Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Administrator

BTW: the malore menus have not yet been updated to the new v7 style.

And, the diskspace bar is only shown on the malore menus because it hasn't yet been converted to work on the new menu style yet either.

Both of those will be converted at some point in the future when I have the time.

Both the malore menus and the diskspace bar work fine; they just have the old style appearance.

As far as I know, all the remaining hidden features should work.

- Andy
Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 PM
SageTVaholic

I was just about to mention that... glad it's in the works though.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
BTW: the malore menus have not yet been updated to the new v7 style.

And, the diskspace bar is only shown on the malore menus because it hasn't yet been converted to work on the new menu style yet either.

Both of those will be converted at some point in the future when I have the time.

Both the malore menus and the diskspace bar work fine; they just have the old style appearance.

As far as I know, all the remaining hidden features should work.

- Andy
Where can I find the "Special Airings" in the new menus? Not sure if I have the name right, but this is the view that shows "Season Premieres", "Series Premieres", "Finales", etc. I found the other custom views under TV -> Program Guide, but didn't see this one.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Administrator

On the Main Menu, go to TV -> Custom Menus -> Premieres, Finales, Specials.

- Andy
Old 06-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
On the Main Menu, go to TV -> Custom Menus -> Premieres, Finales, Specials.

- Andy
Ah. I had turned the Custom Menus off in the help (since I don't like seeing the text "Custom Menus" in the UI - it is confusing to the spousal unit and I had previously used the Dynamic Menus plugin to expose this link).

Any chance the "Premieres, Finales, Specials" menu can be added as a submenu to the Program Guide like you've done with the other "custom" menus? I thought it seemed really natural to have the other menus there and I would think that this one would fall along the same lines.

I haven't missed the Dynamic Menus plugin at all yet in v7, but it was for tweaks like this that I had leveraged it in v6.

Loving v7 so far. Thanks for all of your hard work!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

I don't know if this is by design or not, but when I change the sort order in the Malore menu's to Season/Episode, the group on the left for Movies disappears.

I guess its because there aren't any season/episode numbers for them, but I nearly had a heart attack when I thought I'd somehow lost all my movies.

I changed the sorting back to by title and the movies come back.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Administrator

I took a look at it & can change it so that the movies group gets sorted by the movie year when sorting airings by original air date or season/episode. I'll try to put out an STV update at some point that incorporates this change.

- Andy
Old 07-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I took a look at it & can change it so that the movies group gets sorted by the movie year when sorting airings by original air date or season/episode. I'll try to put out an STV update at some point that incorporates this change.

- Andy
Thanks Andy, much appreciated
Old 09-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you!

Thanks so much for maintaining this forum. It has bugged me to not have default settings for Favorites set up, now I do. Thanks again.