SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Sage User

Did you ever figure this out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
I was using this plugin without any problems in version 3 beta. Just updated to version 4 with SageMC and now I have issues of the screen not refreshing and displaying correctly.

I believe that a picture captures the problem best.

Any help would be greatly apprectiace. FYI: I followed the instructions on wiki page.

BTW, thank for this great plugin. I use it all the time.
Did you ever figure this out. I have the same problem.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe he did, a few posts after the one you quoted...

I don't support sage MC with this import, but I have posted instructions on how to get it working... No idea if they are correct for the current SageMC version...
Old 05-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by codacoda
Did you ever figure this out. I have the same problem.
Thanks to Nielm's instructions it does work....
Old 02-07-2007, 05:12 AM
SageTVaholic

07 February 2007 v4.0 for SageTV6
  • added support for folders
  • added support for podcasts (image/video/audio)
  • added feed icons
  • added scrollbars
  • extenders have separate news.dat file
  • fixed sagetv5 theme
  • added view full summary
  • support for webtext plugin for viewing plain text representation of a web page

This is a complete re-write, and the JAR and news.dat files are not backward compatible, so if you use other STVs with an older version of the rss newsreader embedded, it is likely not to work.

The podcast support is... basic... the file is downloaded in the foreground and deleted after playback (like Google Video), so for large video podcasts over slow links, this may take a while.

At some point I may get round to writing a background downloaded/podcast file manager..

Podcast support also supports Flickr photostreams (so you can monitor your favourite Flickr Pools/Tags/Users), Google Video RSS feeds, and also the traditional MP3 podcasts.

(PS: feeling stressed? Just browse the Flickr Waterfalls Photo pool (Rss feed at the bottom))
Old 02-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can't seem to download the files.... Wiki is down I guess
Old 02-08-2007, 02:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Just found out that yahoo has a traffic info rss feed... pity that it does not cover Europe.

And of course the newset cool thing on teh intarnet is Yahoo! Pipes! -- a way to combine and filter RSS feeds to make, uh, other customised RSS feeds...

Last edited by nielm; 02-08-2007 at 02:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Sage User

Hi,

I have SageTV 6.1 installed..installed RSS with webtext..Using default stv with dynamic menu...When I select news, I just get a message saying it cannot find "Newsfolder not specified."

Folder is located in C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\news.dat

Using Sage Service..Client Properties folder reads:

nielm/rss_news_default_sort_order=1
nielm/rss_news_feeds_dat_file=C\:\\ProgramFiles\\SageTV\\SageTV\\news.dat
nielm/rss_read_external=false

Thanx!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

did you create the dynamic menu item linking to the internal screen "Rss News Feeds -- nielm" (not Rss News Folders -- nielm)

The the JAR files get unpacked correctly from the zip file?

Did you restart Sage after unpacking the zip file?

Is this an upgrade to an older rss news version, if so, try renaming your news.dat file so that a new clean one is generated (the old one should have been readable, but...)

If none of these work, enable debug logging (see faq) and attach the log file section that referes to rssnews after you have retried.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Sage User

did you create the dynamic menu item linking to the internal screen "Rss News Feeds -- nielm" (not Rss News Folders -- nielm) Yes!

The the JAR files get unpacked correctly from the zip file? Yes..2 Jar files: nielm_getrssnews.jar (Feb 7th, 2007) and nielm_sageutls.jar (Feb. 5th, 2006) Wasn't sure if the spelling was right on the last .jar file because there is a nielm_sageutils.jar in the Jar folder.

Did you restart Sage after unpacking the zip file? Yes!

Is this an upgrade to an older rss news version, if so, try renaming your news.dat file so that a new clean one is generated (the old one should have been readable, but...)Started with a fresh SageTV3.xml

Any help would be appreciated!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt RSS.txt (1.9 KB, 357 views)
Old 03-11-2007, 05:11 PM
SageTVaholic

from your log:
Code:
Parsing Error:  Undefined Method net_sf_sageplugins_rssnewsfeed_GetRssNews_getTopFolder
Parsing Error: Undefined Method net_sf_sageplugins_rssnewsfeed_GetRssNews_updateAll
These errors are because the add-in code in the nielm_getrssnews.jar file is not being found. Either it is not in the correct place (Prog.files/SageTV/SageTV/JARS), or it is not readable.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
from your log:
Code:
Parsing Error:  Undefined Method net_sf_sageplugins_rssnewsfeed_GetRssNews_getTopFolder
Parsing Error: Undefined Method net_sf_sageplugins_rssnewsfeed_GetRssNews_updateAll
These errors are because the add-in code in the nielm_getrssnews.jar file is not being found. Either it is not in the correct place (Prog.files/SageTV/SageTV/JARS), or it is not readable.
Thank you for your quick response...

the nielm_getrssnews.jar file is in the correct place and correct version..

Maybe a corrupt download..I'll download Rss 4.0 again

By the way, I am using Java 6.0 if it makes a difference

I'll report back..
Old 03-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Sage User

Just a suggestion, it would be cool if instead of choosing 'view full summary' or 'view in browser' it would just default to 'view full summary' and at the bottom of the summary popup, thats where the 'view in browser' button is.

Luv this plugin!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I cannot find the instructions on how to run the debug. Can you post them again please? Trying to get the latest version running with the latest Sage and SageMC.
Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 04-12-2007, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

sage FAQ.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

posting my debug file. Looking though it it says something about:
Parsing Error: Undefined Method net_sf_sageplugins_rssnewsfeed_GetRssNews_GetSites

Expression: NumUpdatesRemaining=Size(net_sf_sageplugins_rssnewsfeed_GetRssNews_GetSites(RssNewsFeeds))
Thu 4/12 18:35:25.148 loaded rss class, got num feeds:null
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_1.txt (79.6 KB, 898 views)

Old 04-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi nielm,

I just upgraded to SageTV 6.1.8 and your RSS newsreader 4.0. I'm trying to setup a podcast but there appears to be no option to do so. I can add news feeds but no podcasts. I seem to have all the JARS in the proper place. Help?!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999 View Post
posting my debug file. Looking though it it says something about:
Parsing Error: Undefined Method net_sf_sageplugins_rssnewsfeed_GetRssNews_GetSites

Expression: NumUpdatesRemaining=Size(net_sf_sageplugins_rssnewsfeed_GetRssNews_GetSites(RssNewsFeeds))
Thu 4/12 18:35:25.148 loaded rss class, got num feeds:null
check that the 2 JAR files were unpacked into the JARs directory, that they are readable, and that you restarted Sage after unpacking them...
Old 04-13-2007, 01:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2 View Post
Hi nielm,

I just upgraded to SageTV 6.1.8 and your RSS newsreader 4.0. I'm trying to setup a podcast but there appears to be no option to do so. I can add news feeds but no podcasts. I seem to have all the JARS in the proper place. Help?!
a podcast is a newsfeed just copy/paste the link to the podcast as you would for a newsfeed.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
check that the 2 JAR files were unpacked into the JARs directory, that they are readable, and that you restarted Sage after unpacking them...
Restart and rebooted. They are there. When I double click on them i get a msgbox appear with an error that says "Java Virtual Machine Launcher - Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from ...filename..."

When I double click other jars in that folder I get no error like this.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Thats normal, you are not meant to doubleclick them..

Actually, looking at that error, I know you are using SageMC (which I don't use), and I cannot remember how it is meant to work there, but did you re-import?
The code in the STV and the JAR files needs to be in sync -- that error suggests that the STV code is calling obsolete functions that are no longer in the JAR.

Check that it works with the default STV... If so that the problem is with SageMC. You may get better luck posting in the sagemc thread...